Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any news about The Sims 4 Supernatural ?

I have seen a lot of people wanting more of the supernatural expansions ... However , so far I have not heard any talk of it actually being in the process of making . Does anyone know any updates on this topic . Is it going to be a game pac or an expansion pac ? Will we get a new world ? Are there any dates released/mentioned by the creators / game developers ? ... Any information would be quite calming since I was/am a big fan when The Sims 3 Supernatural expansion was released , and Midnight hollow was interesting as well ...
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

747a4083471d8b76843c1c120cf5bd98.jpg

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No .
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    They recently did some polls on Twitter about which supernatural people would like to see next. Witches ultimately won with mermaids in 2nd. This makes me think they are sticking with the GP route rather than a supernatural expansion. When Vampires were released there was the small world of forgotten hollow. I expect something similar with the next supernatural.
    As for when, nobody knows. The gurus are not allowed to talk about what they are officially making and because quarterly teasers are gone, it is more of a waiting game. I did expect witches in the fall, but I am now not as sure of it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    The head of the eps say they like the more indepth gps one to each occult and simmers agreed BIG TIME - we want them all made as well as the Vamps were - besides many people waiting on eps do not want a whole ep to go to supernaturals or for eps to have supernaturals in them - so I am guessing between what large numbers of people on twitter say they want and the devs seem to agreed - there won't be a supernatural ep, but gps instead.

Grant did indicate we couldn't possibly have them all...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The head of the eps say they like the more indepth gps one to each occult and simmers agreed BIG TIME - we want them all made as well as the Vamps were - besides many people waiting on eps do not want a whole ep to go to supernaturals or for eps to have supernaturals in them - so I am guessing between what large numbers of people on twitter say they want and the devs seem to agreed - there won't be a supernatural ep, but gps instead.

I like to see the supernaturals in GPs, but it saddens me whenever I remember he said we can not have them all in the game. I think I'd rather want to see they including some of them in EPs. Not all of them have to be over powered lik the vampires. Genies, Imaginary Friends, Zombies... they dont need a whole GP just for them. I actually think that Zombies could even be included in the Witches GP, as a curse or failed ressurection.
    edited July 2018
    Karon wrote: »

I like to see the supernaturals in GPs, but it saddens me whenever I remember he said we can not have them all in the game. I think I'd rather want to see they including some of them in EPs. Not all of them have to be over powered lik the vampires. Genies, Imaginary Friends, Zombies... they dont need a whole GP just for them. I actually think that Zombies could even be included in the Witches GP, as a curse or failed ressurection.

Well to be fair many simmers do not want ANY occults - and why they decided to go with gps to prevent them (the realistic players) having to give up eps to avoid having them - so I don't see them getting anymore in eps because of that. The gps has to be just one type done indepth. Zombies in previous games was mainly due to the resurrection of dead sims - (just Sims 3 used different sims neighbors for one night only with the full moon - nothing to do with witches) - but in former games they came back as zombies if the one requesting them to come back did not pay enough money to bring them back fully. We had zombies long before we had witches with zombie spell curses. Also the witches with spell was just a temp curse - where as the ressurection zombie was permanent. There was no cure until the very end of Sims 2 - because we complained so much about it. But no zombies do not belong with witches. Each time we have witches they offer a different curse creature. Besides temp zombies, there was the frog sim, and the monster Sim. But they were never designed to be specific to the witch - just one of the games. In Sims 1 they could be a zombie due to the chemistry set even. Sims 3 it was the full moon turning 3 of your living neighbors to zombies. That was also why zombies had no shut off in Sims 3- it was a lunar curse to sims in your neighborhood. Even my main sim was a zombie for a night or so when I was playing another household. LOL. The sims 3 were the absolute worse though as they were just plain annoying.

If you still play Sims 3 and don't know this - rocking chairs on your front porch makes a zombie happy all night - they will sit and rock the whole night and not be annoying. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    People have been randomly hearing chickens in their game. It’s clearly a sign of a supernatural ware-chicken life state as the next pack.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2018

Well to be fair many simmers do not want ANY occults - and why they decided to go with gps to prevent them (the realistic players) having to give up eps to avoid having them - so I don't see them getting anymore in eps because of that. The gps has to be just one type done indepth. Zombies in previous games was mainly due to the resurrection of dead sims - (just Sims 3 used different sims neighbors for one night only with the full moon - nothing to do with witches) - but in former games they came back as zombies if the one requesting them to come back did not pay enough money to bring them back fully. We had zombies long before we had witches with zombie spell curses. Also the witches with spell was just a temp curse - where as the ressurection zombie was permanent. There was no cure until the very end of Sims 2 - because we complained so much about it. But no zombies do not belong with witches. Each time we have witches they offer a different curse creature. Besides temp zombies, there was the frog sim, and the monster Sim. But they were never designed to be specific to the witch - just one of the games. In Sims 1 they could be a zombie due to the chemistry set even. Sims 3 it was the full moon turning 3 of your living neighbors to zombies. That was also why zombies had no shut off in Sims 3- it was a lunar curse to sims in your neighborhood. Even my main sim was a zombie for a night or so when I was playing another household. LOL. The sims 3 were the absolute worse though as they were just plain annoying.

If you still play Sims 3 and don't know this - rocking chairs on your front porch makes a zombie happy all night - they will sit and rock the whole night and not be annoying. LOL.

What i was trying to say is: the devs always change how things work from one gen to another (idk why, i dont see the point in changing things that we like, for example: the apartments from Sims 2 were amazing, sims 3 apartments was cool but could be better done, but sims 4 is the worse). I think that they can make witches and zombies related as a curse. It can also work as a failed ressurection, if they are going to add different levels of witch power, maybe the lowest would always fail when trying to ressurect a sim.
    Post edited by Karon on
  • Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    People have been randomly hearing chickens in their game. It’s clearly a sign of a supernatural ware-chicken life state as the next pack.
    My friend that was the most insightful info so far x,D
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

• Lucid_blehLucid_bleh Posts: 107 Member
    @Karon , @Writin_Reg I agree with both of you . Since it's October now , I feel like they have been super secretive to which pack may come up for the "October theme" but then again we may not be abled to see any more supernaturals for this year since they did say that they have at least 3 years worth of sims 4 content in development as we speak . However , if you remember the past games (sims2) witches appeared in the apartment life pack and that was a cool and unexpected and a bit of a confusing twist to the game. We are expecting the sims 4 get famous pack soon and with the not so recent supernatural polls , it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did a twist like that again .

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I see your point about occults in GPs but players who don't want occults still buy the GP to get the other stuff in build/buy. I don't care if occults are released in GPs or EPs as long as they are well done like vampires were.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Lucid_bleh wrote: »
    I have seen a lot of people wanting more of the supernatural expansions ... However , so far I have not heard any talk of it actually being in the process of making . Does anyone know any updates on this topic . Is it going to be a game pac or an expansion pac ? Will we get a new world ? Are there any dates released/mentioned by the creators / game developers ? ... Any information would be quite calming since I was/am a big fan when The Sims 3 Supernatural expansion was released , and Midnight hollow was interesting as well ...

The way things are going with the sims 4 and its regular lack of features in every pack, the new pack seeming to be one of the smallest I read about, wouldn't be surprised if they don't do some supernaturals.

i want

zombies
    witch
    werewolf
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I want witches, werewolves and fairies. Totally fine with each of them getting their own dedicated game pack. It just means they won't have to share the focus and can be given depth. So I definitely don't want a supernatural expansion. All of my favorite packs have been game packs.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I see your point about occults in GPs but players who don't want occults still buy the GP to get the other stuff in build/buy. I don't care if occults are released in GPs or EPs as long as they are well done like vampires were.

So - then they can't complain about occults being forced in their game - they choose to buy occults - oh well. That's the point. If they put them in the eps we get them turned down and not half as good - but in the gps - they buy the gps then get occult full fledged like we that want them get them. They took a choice in that case - no forced into their game what so ever. It's fair this way. Besides I like the more indepthness of the gp for occults too. Win-win.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Maybe Witches in January, like how Vamps came in January. I could deal with that, but waiting till next October would upset me, honestly. A girl can hope.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    The only "news" I remember is them saying they're not working on werewolves. So hopefully they're working on some other supernatural state we'll get soon...

So - then they can't complain about occults being forced in their game - they choose to buy occults - oh well. That's the point. If they put them in the eps we get them turned down and not half as good - but in the gps - they buy the gps then get occult full fledged like we that want them get them. They took a choice in that case - no forced into their game what so ever. It's fair this way. Besides I like the more indepthness of the gp for occults too. Win-win.

IMO, vampires were our first occults. I know we have ghosts and aliens, but they have never really been fleshed out in the past and I'm not sure how I would suggest they improve them now. I think they "do" pretty much everything that they should do.

That being said (in my own long winded way) we haven't seen real occults done in an EP yet. They might get the same detail creation that vampires did and vampires set a very high bar and that might be hard to reach again in any size pack.

I just want more occults. If they come in a GP, great. If they come in a SP, also great. Just give them to me as well done (as possible) as vampires were done. Let players make their own decision about buying it or not. I will.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    In the twitter poll, Witches won with Mermaids in the second place, so we are getting at least Witches. Mermaids perhaps as well. But any other ones in the poll are subject to be skipped entirely, never introduced to TS4.
    Werewolves were, I believe, second to the last place in that poll, they require a lot of new animations, have never been good in ANY previous Sims game...
    (In Sims 1, they were purely cosmetic, in Sims 2 they apparently are somewhat mediocre, if they existed at all. I read they do, but no matter what I did, no matter what tricks google told me to do to get them, trees, toddlers, cats, nothing happened. In my Copy of Sims 2, they don't exist for whatever reason. And in Sims 3 they were ugly domesticated pets.)
    All that points to Werewolves being effectively off the table. Also, some Sim Guru tweets read like while Witches are on the roadmap, Werewolves are on the "Maybe" list at best.
    On the other hand, here on the forum, they seem to be at least as popular as witches, they are on the spooky stuff portrait with the vampire lady, they have statues in the Vampires GP. Fairies have those statues too, as well as gargoyles, and how realistic does it sound to you that a Gargoyles GP comes out?
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    In the twitter poll, Witches won with Mermaids in the second place, so we are getting at least Witches. Mermaids perhaps as well. But any other ones in the poll are subject to be skipped entirely, never introduced to TS4.
    Werewolves were, I believe, second to the last place in that poll, they require a lot of new animations, have never been good in ANY previous Sims game...
    (In Sims 1, they were purely cosmetic, in Sims 2 they apparently are somewhat mediocre, if they existed at all. I read they do, but no matter what I did, no matter what tricks google told me to do to get them, trees, toddlers, cats, nothing happened. In my Copy of Sims 2, they don't exist for whatever reason. And in Sims 3 they were ugly domesticated pets.)
    All that points to Werewolves being effectively off the table. Also, some Sim Guru tweets read like while Witches are on the roadmap, Werewolves are on the "Maybe" list at best.
    On the other hand, here on the forum, they seem to be at least as popular as witches, they are on the spooky stuff portrait with the vampire lady, they have statues in the Vampires GP. Fairies have those statues too, as well as gargoyles, and how realistic does it sound to you that a Gargoyles GP comes out?

I don't see a gargoyle pack where our sims become gargoyles at night and statues by day. But I could see gargoyles coming to life like gnomes and maybe doing the bidding of another occult sim like a stony pet.

I don't see a gargoyle pack where our sims become gargoyles at night and statues by day. But I could see gargoyles coming to life like gnomes and maybe doing the bidding of another occult sim like a stony pet.

It would be awesome but wasn't really my point. My point is that while we may be very likely to get witches in the second half of 2019 or the first half of 2020, it is very unlikely we're ever getting werewolves. That is very sad IMO

It would be awesome but wasn't really my point. My point is that while we may be very likely to get witches in the second half of 2019 or the first half of 2020, it is very unlikely we're ever getting werewolves. That is very sad IMO

I think we'll get werewolves, they've always been popular in the sims. I want them and have requested them and won't stop annoying the devs until we get them. :D

I think we'll get werewolves, they've always been popular in the sims. I want them and have requested them and won't stop annoying the devs until we get them. :D

Or until Sims 4 ends and the Devs say there won't be any more Sims 4 content or updates and that they all already moved on to other projects. And then we'll all annoy the Sims 5 SimGurus for pets, seasons, vampires, trees, Stairs, multi-story houses, computers, breeding, all life stages from Baby to Teen, pools, ghosts, sims being able to die, the grim reaper...
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I think before The Sims 4 ends, we'll get witches and werewolves. Completing the trifectum of vampires, witches and werewolves. I think we'll maybe get one more after that, or we'll get not necessarily an occult but firefighters and burglars.
    edited October 2018

Hi,
    No of course everybody as a right to complain if unhappy.
    we have only had vampires so far tho.
    how do we even know any other supernaturals will be as good as vampires until we get them?
    and agree they are better than even the sims 3 vampires.
    some People who like all supernaturals will be forced to buy every game pack to, meaning more money spent.
    also wait a millions years to get them, or so it feels lol

Post edited by marcel21 on

Vampires in S3 were the worst IMO. They gave us vampires in Late Night and even the devs thought that they were so badly done that they attempted to improve them in Supernatural. Plus, even worse, they sparkled. Gag!
    Vampires in S3 were the worst IMO. They gave us vampires in Late Night and even the devs thought that they were so badly done that they attempted to improve them in Supernatural. Plus, even worse, they sparkled. Gag!

And have I ever said vampires are better in the sims 3?
    no!!!