Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm okay with or without horses. But I do not think they should be part of a FARM pack. Horses don't do anything even remotely farm related. They don't haul or pull or plow or anything on a farm. Added to a vacation pack for horseback riding sounds like a much better idea. Then, if you don't want horses, you won't miss out. An Equestrian pack with horses and jumping and racing and breeding could be fun.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Horses struggled to function even in Sims 3 open world. I don't think they would work well in the confines of the sims 4 worlds.
  • Options
    CamibunnyCamibunny Posts: 1 New Member
    I don’t like cats and dogs because you can’t play as the pets which makes me very upset and I wish they would change that!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm okay with or without horses. But I do not think they should be part of a FARM pack. Horses don't do anything even remotely farm related. They don't haul or pull or plow or anything on a farm. Added to a vacation pack for horseback riding sounds like a much better idea. Then, if you don't want horses, you won't miss out. An Equestrian pack with horses and jumping and racing and breeding could be fun.

i would like it if they added lesson with horses to. not sure about a vacation pack with them. yeah agree to jumping racing and breeding
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    EnglishSimmer18EnglishSimmer18 Posts: 2 New Member
    I really want horses to happen in the sims 4. I don’t think it will happen though, I was so excited when cats & dogs came out, but part of me lost interest when there wasn’t horses. Like when I want to make a simself, I can’t really cause of no horses and being around a lot of horses irl. I still hope they can make horses happen though, or if they ever come out with another generation of sims hopefully they will add horses. I’m just hoping they do add them though, like they could do so much more in the sims 4 with a new EP dedicated to horses than they could in the sims 3.

Like for instance, actually make the simmer invoked with the shows, unlike sims 3 where you just go to the building and wait. Make the person interact and let them see what their sim is doing, allow cows, chickens, sheep, pigs, so western horses can do their thing. Throw rodeo events. Show events.

Heck with seasons out make it to where horses could pull sleighs. There is so much they can do, and I’m over here like “come out with the horses!!!” Plus with a lot of people wanting horses, EA could make a buck ton. But I’m not part of EA I don’t know what’s going on in there, I’m just hoping horses are a consideration to them.
  • Options
    EnglishSimmer18EnglishSimmer18 Posts: 2 New Member
    In my previous post I meant involved instead of invoked...I wrote too fast oops..
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think they might come out next year. After all, we've just had pets this yea and I'm just thinking on how things are spaced out. That's some way away.

I can't imagine horses being easy to animate.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    thesleepingsatellitethesleepingsatellite Posts: 34 Member
    My daughter would be the most thrilled if horses were included. She adores them. *__________*
  • Options
    xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    Horses need to have their own GP and not be included in the farming pack, if EA ever makes it. Horses could have variety of actions like pulling sleighs or carts, riding, racing, dressage, jumping, and even showmanship tricks. EA could include miniature horses and ponies that kids could ride.

TS3 horses were seriously lacking but they were a good start for a first time.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    Horses need to have their own GP and not be included in the farming pack, if EA ever makes it. Horses could have variety of actions like pulling sleighs or carts, riding, racing, dressage, jumping, and even showmanship tricks. EA could include miniature horses and ponies that kids could ride.

TS3 horses were seriously lacking but they were a good start for a first time.

I think they did a brilliant job with horses. I still play them now. if they do make them for this game, I just hope there as good if not better.

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Honestly.. I don't know if adding horses will do anything to compliment the game, there's no real open world.
  • Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Honestly.. I don't know if adding horses will do anything to compliment the game, there's no real open world.

horses will compliment other peoples games :)

• Options
    What I meant is if there's no open world, there's is imo no real reason for horses. One of the things I enjoyed about horses in TS3 is to walk with them freely. With TS4 itll always feel restricted.
  • Options
    If there were a horse stable with horses your sim could rent for a day in Granite Falls, your sim could ride all over that world. The only loading screen would be if you wanted to enter another lot, but why do that when you can explore nature on horseback.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If there were a horse stable with horses your sim could rent for a day in Granite Falls, your sim could ride all over that world. The only loading screen would be if you wanted to enter another lot, but why do that when you can explore nature on horseback.

This is a great idea
  • Options
    What I meant is if there's no open world, there's is imo no real reason for horses. One of the things I enjoyed about horses in TS3 is to walk with them freely. With TS4 itll always feel restricted.

we don't know yet what horses would bring in a sims 4 form.

what they bring,
    content
    gameplay
    skills
    worlds and lots ect ect

your saying it because you feel its no reason for you to have them based off the fact that we have no open world or space right?

we have no idea idea space and size of world they would bring.

until i see this i see no reason why they couldn't be a possibility and be done well.
    how can they be no use to you when you no nothing of how they would create them and surroundings and other features this time.

i just find it impossible to agree with somebody who tells you theirs no use for a popular feature, based on the fact that we had a larger open world with more space in the last series

• Options
    I think horses in S4 have the same problems as cars in S4. They both won't fit on some of the small lots, the loading screens make it a "why even try" situation, there's no room for the enjoyment of riding either of the two. Both will require a special world for driving/riding and they may be limited to those worlds.

It will be interesting to see how these both unfold.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want kids to be able to ride this time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    RaptorJesus1998RaptorJesus1998 Posts: 4 New Member
    i thought the horses were not really alot of fun in the sims 3
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I just want a really indepth farming expansion pack, and I fear horses would take up too much valuable developer time and resources. I wouldn't be opposed to offering them as a separate pack, though.
  • Options
    I want kids to be able to ride this time

I want ponies for kids.
    domina89 wrote: »
    I just want a really indepth farming expansion pack, and I fear horses would take up too much valuable developer time and resources. I wouldn't be opposed to offering them as a separate pack, though.

Horses should not be a part of a farming pack. They can't do anything like pull plows or wagons. They need their own equestrian pack.
  • Options
    kylainevathyrakylainevathyra Posts: 1 New Member
    the oldschool horse riding games like topruiter(game) it was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims 4 belike world?????
    and that animating??
    dogs and cats even humans are same level of animating depends on what they use as software and modeling tools and of course animating tools. ps: amount of money spend on it too….
    and if i'm correct they use blender as modeling and animating tool...
    I even learned how to model and animate a horse in blender in my first year at school(gamedesign). it wasn't very proffesional yet but with the people they have as team working on the sims it shouldn't be very difficult :/ conclusion: first of all no open world needed depends on how far you will go with gameplay and details. Second? animating isn't the big problem because no high detailed models and textures needed (the whole game isn't high modelled and high detailed textured) games like the witcher, skyrim etc yeah lots of work because the reality of graphics are lots higher than the sims…….
    please guys no more arguments or complaining about the world or animating……. and just wait till there is news about a expansion, new game idk what they'l do.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Perhaps if children could ride with adults? Toddlers shouldn't be riding though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Perhaps if children could ride with adults? Toddlers shouldn't be riding though.

Shetland ponies for kids to ride.