Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possibly Witches/Magic World as GP for Fall?

1235...Next

Comments

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    If they do a witches pack I hope this time they go for a Harry Potteresque approach that would be a mix of Supernatural and University.

You'd send your sims to a boarding school in a magical world where they learn magic and become witches! They'd have varied classes where they learn different spells. Also I hope the spells are fun and change the world around them, not just change sim emotions or fill up the needs bars.

This idea might be too big for a GP so I guess it would have to be an EP...
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    @agustd I completely disagree with the later part of your comment.

If done right, a Supernatural/Magic themed pack WOULD be realistic, as there are practicing Witches, Sorcerers, Psychics, Mediums, ect in real life. To say a pack based on magic, or witches wouldn't be realistic is false.

Also, realism has not always been their focus. In my opinion, actually, they've gone far from realistic gameplay.

Cowplants
    Vampires
    Aliens (who live on earth and walk around interacting with people as the norm)
    3 day pregnancy (unless you have a mod, which is not made by EA)
    No realistic sized telescopes
    Plant Sims

The list goes on. So, I don't think adding in Witches or other Supernatural/Magic themed packs or gameplay would be unrealistic, as Witches do exist in real life. There are people who practice modern day witchcraft, be it as a religious form or not, and there are people who are practicing Druids, Mediums, Psychics, ect.

And that's fine you don't agree with me! Ya know, my post wasn't an invitation for a discussion. I just said what I thought.

All the "unrealistic" things we currently have in TS4 that you listed are just little quirks. Some things just have to be unrealistic, it's a game. It doesn't make sense to compare 3 days of pregnancy to a witch. How many witches do you know? I've never met any :p

And if you say realism was never their focus then well. You're entitled to that opinion of course, but mine is the opposite. Supernaturals were never their priority and I think that's fine. Makin Magic pack was the last one to come for Sims 1 as well. Sims has always been life simulator. I don't know about you but vampires and mermaids are not a part of my life. There are lots of amazing games to play if you're into that stuff :)

Witchcraft is not part of your life, fine. It is part of mine.
    Surfing is not part of my life, and neither are camels and zebras. Yet all of that exists.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Nope. The fact that they are selling each supernatural as a separate pack is a JOKE. It should ALL be included in one.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

If done right, a Supernatural/Magic themed pack WOULD be realistic, as there are practicing Witches, Sorcerers, Psychics, Mediums, ect in real life. To say a pack based on magic, or witches wouldn't be realistic is false.

Also, realism has not always been their focus. In my opinion, actually, they've gone far from realistic gameplay.

Cowplants
    Vampires
    Plant Sims

The list goes on. So, I don't think adding in Witches or other Supernatural/Magic themed packs or gameplay would be unrealistic, as Witches do exist in real life. There are people who practice modern day witchcraft, be it as a religious form or not, and there are people who are practicing Druids, Mediums, Psychics, ect.

And that's fine you don't agree with me! Ya know, my post wasn't an invitation for a discussion. I just said what I thought.

All the "unrealistic" things we currently have in TS4 that you listed are just little quirks. Some things just have to be unrealistic, it's a game. It doesn't make sense to compare 3 days of pregnancy to a witch. How many witches do you know? I've never met any :p

And if you say realism was never their focus then well. You're entitled to that opinion of course, but mine is the opposite. Supernaturals were never their priority and I think that's fine. Makin Magic pack was the last one to come for Sims 1 as well. Sims has always been life simulator. I don't know about you but vampires and mermaids are not a part of my life. There are lots of amazing games to play if you're into that stuff :)

Supernaturals have always been a part of the Sims franchise and have always been a priority considering the Supernatural packs sell the best and add to the "weirdness" of the Sims theme. It's fine if you like boring, vanilla gameplay but others want supernaturals and they're not going to disappoint the vast majority of players by not adding them. Telling people to go play other "amazing" games for simply wanting something that's always been in the Sims is pretty rude and condescending. Nobody is forcing you to buy Supernatural packs, so there's no need for you to try and rain on others parade. I don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about laundry but didn't complain when others wanted it. I got it for the clothes and that's it. Frankly, I dont know why people come to threads about things they're not interested in.

Maybe if it bothers you so much, there are other boring games you can play to simulate tedious real-life activities instead of TS4.
  • WittlemouseeWittlemousee Posts: 58 Member
    @agustd First off, let me state that to say simply because YOU have not met any witches, does not mean there aren't people who practice modern witchcraft. That statement is both rude, and ignorant.

I happen to know many people who practice witchcraft and are wiccan, so you probably shouldn't assume you know things about other people; because I happen to know many witches. Thanks.

Second, "my post wasn't an invitation for a discussion" - well, you should probably not be posting on a DISCUSSION thread, as comments are exactly that, discussion. So again, you really do not need to be rude.

Third, I never once mentioned werevolves or mermaids, so I'm not sure why you're stating them in your retort. However, magic, divination, spell casting, witchcraft, necromany and other forms of sorcery are absolutely realistic and true to life, therefore qualifying it to be LIFE SIMULATING. Again, just because YOU do not know of anyone practicing modern witchcraft, and just because you yourself are not a practicing witch, does not mean others are not. It's extremely disrespectful to call their lifestyle/religion unrealistic. Generalizing is never a good idea, friend.

And lastly, if you're going to argue that the game would be less realistic and true to life if they added witches/magic, then please, please let me enlighten you further:

I just spent a total of 12 hours, 12 long hours playing a "rags to riches" type household in which my sim started out with absolutely no money, no house, and no job. She worked her way up by finding and selling collectables, and harvesting and selling various types of vegetation. (fruits, veggies, flowers) She ended up finding a cowplant berry and planted it, then sprouting a beautiful bovine shrub!! She then built a house and furnished it, along with a completely fenced in, and quite beautiful, garden to house all of her plant life, as she does not have a job and the majority of her income is from selling her crops. (She makes about $11,000-$15,000 per day because she planted 7 dragon fruit bushes and has evolved them to "excellent" quality. They are huge money makers.) My point is that she makes $11,000 a day by selling a flower. First big UNREALISTIC red flag.

Next we have Patchy, ahh Patchy. The friendly neighborhood garden Guardian. Patchy the Scarecrow. I bought him to watch over my garden, and to my delight, one cloudy fall afternoon, this handsdome Pumpkin-faced hunk of a man popped right off his dainty little perch right onto the cold grassy knoll in my backyard. Intrigued Indria, my Sim, went to investigate this mysterious creature. Upon much discussion, Patchy and Indria learned they had much in common and began a friendship. Many a day Indria would watch eagerly out her bedroom window, waiting for her Pumpkiny pal to spring to life and enter her garden. Day after day Patchy and herself would grow closer, and more connected. Day after day friendship grew subtly into what could only be described as romantic enchantment, until one glorious Friday evening, Indria tested fate, and kissed Patchy. Elated, they ventured inside to explore their feelings deeper. What started as a friendship was blossoming into an alluring love-story, feelings growing and taking root in their hearts, just as those lucrative dragon fruits just outside the bedroom window where Indria now found herself standing in front of, gripped in a passionate kiss with the Guardian who once stood in the very garden those fruits now bloom. Alas, we find these two admirers, entranced in endearment. Engaged in a dance of love. Entangled in a lifetime of happiness.

And thus- THE.MOST.REALISTIC.GAMEPLAY.EVER.

All sarcasm off, I'm quite obsessed with Patchy.

And for your enjoyment, a family photo of the happy trio. (Cowplant included.)

tumblr_pbytv7ubbG1vswr7no1_540.png

c22.jpg
  • WittlemouseeWittlemousee Posts: 58 Member
    @mika YES!! EXACTLY!! SPEAK THE TRUTH!! <3
    c22.jpg
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    'Sup everyone!

Quick reminder, we all have different opinions and we need to be respectful of that. Keep that in mind, please. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Nope. The fact that they are selling each supernatural as a separate pack is a JOKE. It should ALL be included in one.

I see you've never played the Vampires gamepack.
  • Gabriel081195Gabriel081195 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm crazy for a Magic Pack. More various sorts of spells. I want a spell to revive dead plants. Another to make the plants grow and become ready to be harvested. Another to create metals, crystals and other collectible items. I want a spell to create and evoke objects and furnishings in the way of building buy. A spell to create and evoke any kind of food and drink. A spell to change the color and hair of other Sims' eyes. I also want elemental spells from fire, electricity, ice, wind and etc ... I want healing spells and spells to induce illnesses. Spells to turn Sims into rats or other animals and Love Spells and etc ... I'm sorry for my English is that English is not my language. But I wanted to give my ideas.
    I want elemental spells. I want the magic of electricity, which would make the witch / witch immune to electricity and lightning / thunder. The witch / witch who learned the magic of electricity would be able to absorb the electricity to recharge her mana bar. Absorbing the electricity could also redefine the life of the witch / witch. The witch / witch could also launch lightning strikes to electrocute other Sims or other wizards. They could also arrange to hone and break objects using the electricity spell. I also wanted the magic of fire. wizards who learned the magic of fire, could absorb fire and become immune to fire. He could also launch fiery attacks and teleport using fire. He also wanted ice magic, wizards who learned the magic of ice, could launch ice attacks to freeze objects and other Sims. They would be immune to the cold and could absorb the cold.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I would love Witches and/or other supernaturals. Tbh I hoped we would have more by now.

Idk why people are upset that vampires was $20. We got a little over 200 cas/build objects. A small neighborhood with its own theme. And I liked the leveling/perk system the vampires have.
    Look at these personal powers I got from the Superpower Wiki that a page of superpowers. And it's those powers I want for witches. Spells create food, drinks, spells to change hair color. Spells to evoke and create any kind of object of purchase mode. Fertility magic. Healing spells and causing illness. Elemental spells, fire magic, ice magic. Charms to banish ghosts. Spells to evoke ghosts. Sorry for my English I wanted to give my ideas.

Hair Color Manipulation
    Change the hair color.
    Capabilities
    The user with this power can change hair color, either of oneself and others.

Eye Color Manipulation
    Capabilities
    The user is able to change eye color, varying from realistic colors (i.e. blue, green, brown) to fantastic colors (i.e. red or yellow).

Skin Color Manipulation
    Modify the color of skin
    Capabilities
    The user can control and alter the color (including natural and completely unnatural ones), pigmentation, brightness, shade, saturation, intensity, tone and etc. of the skin of oneself and others either permanently or temporarily.

Food Generation
    Generate food.
    Capabilities
    The user can generate any kind of food, including meat, vegetables, dairy, drinks, candy or any other possible consumable substance, whether by drawing them from already existing sources, or by manifesting them anywhere they want. They can create the food as either raw ingredients or fully prepared and presented meal.

Drink Generation
    Generate drinks.
    Capabilities
    User is able to generate any drink (milk, alcohols, soda, etc.)

Object Repairing
    Repair objects.
    Capabilities
    The user can repair broken objects.

Love Inducement
    Induce love into others.
    Capabilities
    The user can induce love into others, including the love for the user or love for another person. Effects will vary depending on the user's mental strength: Those subjected to this ability may develop a strong infatuation for somebody but will remain in control of themselves, or they may feel so much love for somebody that they have an intense desire to make them happy, becoming completely submissive to them. The effect is usually instant, but in some cases it may slowly take effect the more the victim meets the user/another.

Fertility Magic
    Use fertility magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able use a form of magic that allows them to cast spells dealing with Fertility and Reproduction. They can make land, living beings and plants fertile, allowing them to reproduce or grow, or make them infertile, making them unable to reproduce or grow.

Day Inducement
    Induce day/daytime.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to induce day/daytime on any area they are in, even during night, despite which part of the Earth is facing the sun.

Night Inducement
    Induce night/nighttime.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to induce night/nighttime in an area, regardless of which side of the Earth is facing the sun.

Luck Bestowal
    Make people lucky.
    Capabilities
    The user is technically a living luck charm. They are able to make other people beings luckier, whether the user themselves or other people. The effects are either increased luck in gambling, avoid being hit by a car, or falling from the rooftops into a trampoline

Jinx
    Make other people unlucky.
    Capabilities
    User is a living bad luck charm, causing other people to have accidents, misfortune or other bad luck.

Plant Growth
    Accelerate plant growth.
    Capabilities
    The user can influence and accelerate the growth of plants causing flowers and other plants to bloom instantaneously, causing them to mature with supernatural speed, grow to unusual size, and produce in abundance. The user can cause plants to grow from seeds to mature plants in moments, cause them to flower and produce fruits, seeds, etc. outside season, cause a cut plant to grow roots and other similar feats.

Emotion Magic
    Use emotion magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is capable of magic based in some kind of emotion, including its augmentation, elimination, and other manipulations.

Time Stopping
    Freeze time.
    Capabilities
    User can stop time while being unaffected themselves, or may also allow others to be unaffected. If the user moves before this ability ceases, it would appear to everyone that the user teleported.

Magiportation
    Teleport using magic/magical energy.
    Capabilities
    The user can teleport via magic/magical energy, either utilizing transportation spells or transforming into magical energy and appearing in a new location.

Body Immobilization
    Freeze people in space in their position.
    Capabilities
    The user can cause people freeze within their current state in space. The person/people may have their motor and cognitive functions being frozen as well, so have no idea that it happened as it just goes by and skips over the time they were frozen in time according to their perception of things.

Transmutation
    Alter the forms/structure of beings/objects.
    Capabilities
    The user can transform, alter or transmute matter, energy, elements, objects, beings (animals, aliens, mythical beings, etc.), etc into anything else, either completely or partially, permanently or temporarily.

Furniture Creation
    Capabilities
    The user is able to create furniture including tables, beds, bookcases, chairs desks, stands, etc. This can be decorate a whole room or just create something to sit on or put objects on when needed.

Animation
    Manipulate inanimate objects.
    Capabilities
    User can create, shape and manipulate any sort of inanimate objects, products/finished goods, ie. physical objects that have been manufactured from either natural or artificial materials, including anything from nano-technology, to tools, weapons, vehicles and up to architecture.

Curing
    Remove various conditions.
    Capabilities
    The user can remove various conditions from themselves or others, returning to the original, unmodified state and/or gain a pure condition free from all outside conditions. This is a variation of healing that restores their normal condition by removing any form of illness, diseases, mutation, obtained powers or skills or behavioral shifts which are caused by spells, hypnosis and mind control.

Disease Inducement
    Induce disease/sickness.
    Capabilities
    User can induce any disease/sickness in others. The exact length of the effect depends on both the users skill and power and the targets current state.

Ice Magic
    Use ice magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to perform a legendary form of magic that allows the user to cast magical spells and feats through ice. In cold regions or the cold season, the user is capable of utilizing unlimited magical powers unless removed from the cold region or the cold season as passed. Most people who use this power is called an ice wizard/witch.

Fire Magic
    Use fire magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to perform a legendary form of magic that allows the user to cast magical spells and feats through fire.

Electricity Magic
    Use electricity magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able perform a legendary form of magic that allows the user to cast magical spells feats through electricity, thunder and lightning.

Animal Transmutation
    Capabilities
    Users can turn others into any animal they desire, effects can be permanent or temporary depending on what level of power the user is. The user can reverse the effect if they so choose to.

Zombification
    Convert others into zombies.
    Capabilities
    The user can convert/turn others (usually dead, sometimes living) into zombies (walking corpses) either by scientific or magical means.

Soul Banishment
    Banish souls from a specific place.
    Capabilities
    User can banish souls and spirits from specific place to either certain place/area they choose or into the area the target is most connected.

Soul Summoning
    Capabilities
    The user can summon spirits from beyond the grave in order to commune or serve the user.

I also want to be able to bless and curse the Sims. It would also be nice if each Sim had a spell based on his dash.
    Sims Neats can cast a spell to clear the whole lot, restoring it to the state it was before it got dirty.
    Sims Slob can cast a spell to make the whole site dirty and rotten.

Cleanliness Inducement
    Induce cleanliness on anything or anyone.
    Capabilities
    The user is capable of cleaning up any dirty or messy situation. Any substance is cleaned up such as oil, garbage, and mud can be cleaned up in an instant and the user can even induce the same state to another. To simplify the user's ability allows them to vanish, purify and clean anything that is dirty.

Dirtiness Inducement
    Induce a state of dirtiness on anything or anyone
    Capabilities
    The user is capable dirtying up anything and create giant messes as well by using mud, foods, garbage and various stenches as well. The user can also induce the same state to others as well.

Curse Inducement
    Lay a curse on anyone or anything.
    Capabilities
    User can place a curse on whatever they wish (people, places, objects, etc.). The exact effects can be nearly anything the user desires, ranging from minor annoyances to tortuously extended death.

Among the most common effects are misfortune/bad luck, various sicknesses, infertility, physical defects/ugliness, etc. when affecting people, breaking or working wrong or causing problems when used on objects and tendency to draw various disasters for places. Traditional magical curses include transforming the victim fully or partially into an animal/monster that fits the offense, blood-lust, insanity, unstoppable rages, unhealing wounds, misshapen/inhuman offspring, and a whole host of other effects.

Blessing Inducement
    Induce blessings.
    Capabilities
    The user can bless anything including people, places, objects etc. and produce positive effects. This can include bringing good luck to people, or something as little as Emotion Augmentation as long as it is the happy emotions.

What this power does is entirely up to the user as long as it isn't malevolent in nature, like giving people bad luck or causing deaths. The most traditional effects are granting long life, fertility, health, success and wealth or suppressing negative emotions and memories. Most blessing deal with negating/removing misfortune or other negative effects.

These powers are also from the Superpower Wiki
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Would love a Harry Potterish Wizard /witch/fairy type world.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I keep wondering if Witches will get their own life-state at all or if we'll be humans learning magic. It saves the Devs making a new lifestate and would give them time for working on magic.

I doubt making them a life state is much more dev time than developing the spells, that's the meat of the pack.

All they would need to do is make it genetic, that's literally it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    edited July 2018

Cowplants
    Vampires
    Plant Sims

Ghosts and other magical things have been in the game since day one.

As for focus on the unrealistic stuff first, We've had 4 years of that with ONE supernatural released besides Aliens. The Skeletons and plantsims are arguably not full fledged life states like Vampires.

As for the "not an invitation to discuss", not to be rude, but this is a public DISCUSSION thread, so yes, your post IS an invitation for discussion.

I 100% support more realistic things. But All we've gotten recently IS realistic. Pets, Seasons, Laundry, Parenthood etc.

Except that sims 3 did that, and even WITH the improvements added to Vampires, their sims 4 counter parts blow them out of the water in every shape and form.

Not every single life state needs to have their own pack. Witches and Vampires are arguably the most popular ones though and definitely deserve as much attention as they can get, which can only come in a gamepack.
  • MysticSireMysticSire Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Zeldaboy180 said:
    > Olivesplum06 wrote: »
    >
    > Nope. The fact that they are selling each supernatural as a separate pack is a JOKE. It should ALL be included in one.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Except that sims 3 did that, and even WITH the improvements added to Vampires, their sims 4 counter parts blow them out of the water in every shape and form.
    >
    > Not every single life state needs to have their own pack. Witches and Vampires are arguably the most popular ones though and definitely deserve as much attention as they can get, which can only come in a gamepack.

Vampires are amazing in the sims 4 even though i haven't played as a vampire much in the sims 3 i feel like they are better. I tend to buy a new laptop to run Sims 3 on it because I loved supernatural so much. Is it just me or was Supernatural just so hyped up because i remember seeing all the ads of Supernatural and just dying to play it which i never could because i was too young but anyways. Vampires are great but Supernatural good to in a sense of completion around occult races. Having all those different lifeforms in one pack really made the experience amazing and complete. You had werwolves that would sniff out ingredients that witches could use to cure vampire sun damage. Witches created zombies that fairies could cure etc etc etc. In my opinion no matter how many occult races they add it wont be as good as Supernatural as all the occult races feel so seperate and indepents from one another and it's not like 'Oh if i buy witches alongside vampires i can do new cool things with both of them and witches can evolve vampires in different ways' no it's probably going to be like 'we have vampires and witches and they have some new social interactions and that's it' This is all my opinion and you don't have to agree with this! I do agree the vampires are an A+ improvement with their abilities and all but the feeling behind it is gone with the reputation that Sims 4 has with living up to the buyers expectation, the chances of Sims 4 <insert GP/EP> even scratching the surface of the succes Supernatural was is very slim. Also not trying to just hate on Sims 4 which i did Yesterday and dearly regret the welcoming and comforting feeling of a Sims game is just gone and I just hope that the new EP/GP will bring it back.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would throw my wallet at the screen if we could have some of that supernatural game pack magic <3

Keeping all my fingers crossed. Witches, wizards, warlocks, magic. It would make me very happy.