Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches so far

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    1.My sims won't enter the skating rinks that appear in the neighborhood.
    2.In my game at the moment it's the next to last day of Spring and there's ice skating rinks in the neighborhood not sure if they're suppose to work in this season.
    3. At the Spice Festival there are picnic tables wedged halfway into the kiosks! My sim sat on one disappeared and couldn't get out. I disabled all custom content and repaired game nothing helps. It looks like maybe the Flea Market and the Spice Festival are going on at the same time and everything has been scrunched together even though it's Friday in game.

Hello @Whitedove52355
    With the skating rink, there shouldn’t be an ice skating rink in that season. It would be best to see if the issue may be fixed with the change of the season.
    With the issue with the festivals, try having your sims stay right through to the end of the festival until all the objects disappear. You may also like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/m-p/6433737#M52132
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but after the latest update I found out one of my guy sims has a romantic relationship with his toddler daughter :grimace: has anyone else encountered this sort of horrifying glitch?
  • iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Anybody having the glitch, certain Sims in your household can't give a gift?
    Hello
    Does the sim not have an option to give a gift? Or does it not work when you click on the gift giving option?

The sim don't have an option to give a gift.
    ravel wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but after the latest update I found out one of my guy sims has a romantic relationship with his toddler daughter :grimace: has anyone else encountered this sort of horrifying glitch?

Hello
    This shouldn’t have occurred. You may like to start a thread on the AHQ EA thread and post about this occurring there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    Hello
    Does the sim not have an option to give a gift? Or does it not work when you click on the gift giving option?

Resetting the sim may help.
    Try typing into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    resetSim firstname secondname
    ( replace with his actual first and second names)
    Press enter and see if that helps.

Try evicting the household, then placing them back into the original home and see if the issue remains.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    Hello

testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in

Try evicting the household, then placing them back into the original home and see if the issue remains.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Thank you
    Hello

testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in

Thank you
    You’re welcome :)
  • scwhit84scwhit84 Posts: 70 Member
    my game straight up crashed when playing seasons.
    Below my last exception file from my last crash. Could someone please tell me why my game is crashing.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>bcc245e32aa51c665b50fa1d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-07-19 15:56:29</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.44.88.1020-1.200.000.354.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>holiday_service.py:306</categoryid><desyncid>bcc245e32aa51c665b50fa1d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[manus] lot_decoration_service failed to handle zone load due to exception (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decoration_preset') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in wrapped File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 109, in finally_wrap File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 548, in do_zone_spin_up File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1249, in update File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 241, in on_enter File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 418, in on_zone_load File ".\mc_utils.py", line 115, in _wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 415, in on_zone_load File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 122, in on_zone_load File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 152, in _try_set_neighborhood_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 165, in _send_neighborhood_state_to_client File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 253, in resend_client_decoration_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 212, in _apply_client_decorate_zone File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 204, in get_deco_type_and_preset File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoration_provider.py", line 46, in decoration_preset File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\holidays\holiday_service.py", line 306, in get_decoration_preset AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decoration_preset' </desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>bcc245e32aa51c665b50fa1d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-07-19 15:56:31</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.44.88.1020-1.200.000.354.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>holiday_service.py:306</categoryid><desyncid>bcc245e32aa51c665b50fa1d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[manus] lot_decoration_service failed to handle on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded due to exception (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decoration_preset') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in wrapped File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 109, in finally_wrap File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 548, in do_zone_spin_up File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1249, in update File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 252, in on_enter File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_services.py", line 39, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 443, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded File ".\mc_utils.py", line 115, in _wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 440, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 126, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 152, in _try_set_neighborhood_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 165, in _send_neighborhood_state_to_client File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 253, in resend_client_decoration_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 212, in _apply_client_decorate_zone File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 204, in get_deco_type_and_preset File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoration_provider.py", line 46, in decoration_preset File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\holidays\holiday_service.py", line 306, in get_decoration_preset AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decoration_preset' </desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>bcc245e32aa51c665b50fa1d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-07-19 16:16:20</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.44.88.1020-1.200.000.354.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>holiday_service.py:306</categoryid><desyncid>bcc245e32aa51c665b50fa1d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[manus] lot_decoration_service failed to handle zone load due to exception (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decoration_preset') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in wrapped File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 109, in finally_wrap File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 548, in do_zone_spin_up File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1249, in update File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 241, in on_enter File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 418, in on_zone_load File ".\mc_utils.py", line 115, in _wrapper_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 415, in on_zone_load File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 122, in on_zone_load File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 152, in _try_set_neighborhood_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\lot_decoration_service.py", line 165, in _send_neighborhood_state_to_client File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 253, in resend_client_decoration_state File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 212, in _apply_client_decorate_zone File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoratable_lot.py", line 204, in get_deco_type_and_preset File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\lot_decoration\decoration_provider.py", line 46, in decoration_preset File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\holidays\holiday_service.py", line 306, in get_decoration_preset AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decoration_preset' </desyncdata></report>
    </root>
    Hello @scwhit84
    Your game crashed as a result of using the attic storage box to put up decorations. Try removing the decorations using the attic storage box, then try testing without decorating using the attic box and see if that prevents the crashing.
  • scwhit84scwhit84 Posts: 70 Member
    Thank you ! I will try that .
  • GallwaytheCatGallwaytheCat Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve been playing in autumn a lot and the leaves from the trees are blowing through the walls of my house! I’ve also been having the same routing issue, they bounce across the screen. Also, the raking leaves issue. Please fix EA! The routing issue is the worst.
    edited July 2018
    I’ve been playing in autumn a lot and the leaves from the trees are blowing through the walls of my house! I’ve also been having the same routing issue, they bounce across the screen. Also, the raking leaves issue. Please fix EA! The routing issue is the worst.

Hello @GallwaytheCat
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads or press “ me too”
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Jumpy-Animations-Sims-teleport/m-p/6876628#M64080
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Sim-keeps-raking-leaves/m-p/6901022#M66704
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sims are constantly opening and closing the umbrella when they're outside. And they hold the umbrella even in the house.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    ravel wrote: »

Hello
    This shouldn’t have occurred. You may like to start a thread on the AHQ EA thread and post about this occurring there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Thanks @rosemow , I started a thread there. Hope it gets fixed soon :worried:
  • supjessiicasupjessiica Posts: 2 New Member
    I seriously need help. My game updated for the new expansion pack, obviously.. but since that when I've tired to pull my game it gets stuck on "The Sims 4" loading screen for sometimes 45+ minutes. The longest I waited was an hour and a half I wanted to play so bad. I've researched how to fix the problem.. I've resetting my mods folder, I have exactly 3,042 mods in my folder because I thought the amount was the problem so I deleted a lot of them.. I've uninstalled my game and repaired it like a million times. I deleted all my cache files, emptied my tray folder, and all my saves.. everything. Once I remove my mods its clearly works and then I try the 50/50 method and that works but then I go and put them all in and it doesn't. I never had problem with all mods I had until this update. And I don't think it could be the amount because I'm sure there's people who have wayyy more than me. I seriously just need help. PLEASE. I MISS PLAYING!
    edited July 2018
    I seriously need help. My game updated for the new expansion pack, obviously.. but since that when I've tired to pull my game it gets stuck on "The Sims 4" loading screen for sometimes 45+ minutes. The longest I waited was an hour and a half I wanted to play so bad. I've researched how to fix the problem.. I've resetting my mods folder, I have exactly 3,042 mods in my folder because I thought the amount was the problem so I deleted a lot of them.. I've uninstalled my game and repaired it like a million times. I deleted all my cache files, emptied my tray folder, and all my saves.. everything. Once I remove my mods its clearly works and then I try the 50/50 method and that works but then I go and put them all in and it doesn't. I never had problem with all mods I had until this update. And I don't think it could be the amount because I'm sure there's people who have wayyy more than me. I seriously just need help. PLEASE. I MISS PLAYING!

Hello @supjessiica
    There has been many mods/cc broken by recent patches and Seasons Pack
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
    It would be best to see if any of the mods/cc that you have are Ilisted in the list as broken/updated . There are other broken mods and cc though also.
    When you find the mods/cc causing the issues you will need to remove them, and if they have an updated version then you can install the updated version.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    My sims keep holding an umbrella while inside.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    R.I.P., Alice Spencer-Kim. She drowned in a neighbor's pool before I even had a chance to play her.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5Acm4Qf2uoHjwptNqtBijDan9pcxV8b4

This ancient glitch seems to have returned after the patch last night. And my cache was already cleaned out.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
    R.I.P., Alice Spencer-Kim. She drowned in a neighbor's pool before I even had a chance to play her.

This ancient glitch seems to have returned after the patch last night. And my cache was already cleaned out.

Hello
    It is sad that Alice Spencer-Kim passed away in the neighbour’s poll :(
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member

Hello
    It is sad that Alice Spencer-Kim passed away in the neighbour’s poll :(

Thank you. I had just created a new neighborhood and finished purging the families whose stories that didn't fit. The Spencer-Kims had passed the test, but apparently the game wanted one of them gone. I did notice that CAS started figuring out the style I was using to name custom Sims in that neighborhood. (I had been using the dice roller repeatedly and went with random names that worked for the neighborhood. Before long, it only took one or two rolls to get a good one.)
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • deedeetee13deedeetee13 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Whitedove52355 said:
    > 1.My sims won't enter the skating rinks that appear in the neighborhood.
    > 2.In my game at the moment it's the next to last day of Spring and there's ice skating rinks in the neighborhood not sure if they're suppose to work in this season.
    > 3. At the Spice Festival there are picnic tables wedged halfway into the kiosks! My sim sat on one disappeared and couldn't get out. I disabled all custom content and repaired game nothing helps. It looks like maybe the Flea Market and the Spice Festival are going on at the same time and everything has been scrunched together even though it's Friday in game.

I used to have issues with the festivals, too. Like bubble blowers stuck inside picnic tables. Just go to another festival, and stay until the end. You will see the stuff start to vanish. Just wait a bit until you see all the oddball stuff is gone. After that, you're golden.
  • Octavia48Octavia48 Posts: 1 New Member
    Twice I've had to replace a guitar and a violin after going into build mode or saving and exiting then coming back to the game later. They seem to vanish into thin air even though my sim is still standing there like she's holding it.
    Played just over 40 hours and I don't own any of the packs or use mods.