Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a bug with “let out” dog?

I have a sim family with a independant dog. So I did the “let out” interaction and my dog never comes back!

I got my sim to “call” him back but he never returns. So I tailed my pet and he was running towards to home and then took a turn and went exploring again. And finally he will knock out from being exhausted and fall asleep wherever he is at.

I had to get my sim to leash him (had to wait till pet is knocked out) and then get him home!

Did anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I seem to have the opposite problem. The family I’m playing has an independent dog, and when I use the “let out” option he goes out onto the deck “goes potty”, and then comes right back in.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2018
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I seem to have the opposite problem. The family I’m playing has an independent dog, and when I use the “let out” option he goes out onto the deck “goes potty”, and then comes right back in.

It's the same for me, no issues. I think what I would do would be to fence in part of the yard, and lock the gate to where the dog can't get out. This way the dog won't be trying to runaway.

What you was saying sounds like my real life dog. If they got a chance they would be all over town, never giving mind to return.
  • sexierjess17sexierjess17 Posts: 147 Member
    Ok let me try again and see what happens. Thanks :)