Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3 Origin Issue

A few days ago I was downloading the latest update for origin and in the middle of it my laptop died. When I turned my laptop back on and ever since then a error messaged popped/pops up "Origin.exe - System Error" "The program cant start because MSVCP.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem" Origin nor the sims launcher will open. I have tried fixing the problem myself. Reinstalled origin 4 times but that didnt fix the problem. Then deleted OriginThinSetup1-4 and OriginThinSetupInternal.,CASpartCache.package,spriptCache.package,simCompositorCache.package and socialCache.package. None of that fixed the problem. If you have any idea how to fix this please HELP.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    Uninstall Origin completely and install it again. Your already installed games should stay intact. Somewhere up in the pull-down menus, there should be an offer to try the beta version of Origin, give it a try. If that doesn't help, use the menus again (I think this is how it works) to revert to the regular version. One trick or the other has helped some players get past the phantom dll missing errors.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    iloveafiiloveafi Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    wikkwolfwikkwolf Posts: 1 New Member
    An unexpected installation error has occurred. First, try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t resolve the issue you can take the following steps:
    1) Temporarily disable your virus scanner/firewall
    2) Run the Origin Client in administrator mode
    3) Reboot your Machine and try installing again

Error: 327682:0

For further assistance please check our support forum or by submitting an error report.v
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    wikkwolf wrote: »
    An unexpected installation error has occurred. First, try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t resolve the issue you can take the following steps:
    1) Temporarily disable your virus scanner/firewall
    2) Run the Origin Client in administrator mode
    3) Reboot your Machine and try installing again

Error: 327682:0

For further assistance please check our support forum or by submitting an error report.v
    Hi there. Afraid we are your fellow players here on this forum, helping others out as best we can. We're not really equipped to assist with Origin client and game install errors like those.

The suggestions on this thread on EA's Answers HQ board might help. Or you might try a new post on Answers HQ.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/error-327682-0/td-p/1642431

Sometimes these issues require a real time chat with EA's tech support, if there is something stuck with your Origin account that they need to assist with on their end.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net