Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slow cooking times at Chez Llama?

Anyone else have this issue...takes forever to get a table then the cooks are always slow
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yep. I've seen them so slow that it took my sim all day or all night just to get their meal to their table. In a game that I had only yesterday, the stupid waiter spilled my sim's order twice. It was nearly 20 sim hours from the time they got there, to the time that they left.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Yep. I've seen them so slow that it took my sim all day or all night just to get their meal to their table. In a game that I had only yesterday, the stupid waiter spilled my sim's order twice. It was nearly 20 sim hours from the time they got there, to the time that they left.

Glad it is not just me....they would literally spend a whole day just waiting to even get their food. It is really frustrating trying to have a date there or family meal there.
    2llotup.jpg
    It would be nice if they would fix this issue in patch. It should only take at least one sim hour to get their meal.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I've found out that adding a second chef station, a microwave and most of the small kitchen appliances (coffee and tea maker) helps reduce serving times for me. Also helps if there are fewer tables so the wait staff doesn't waste time serving other tables.
    I regret some of my life choices.
    @Teslachick2 I'll have to give that a try. Thank you for mentioning this. :)
  • Claire88Claire88 Posts: 9 New Member
    Please give us the option to 1. Complain to restaurant management, possibly get comped a meal to go 2. Go home to the computer and write a bad review. 3. Order meals to go with less wait time. The service is awful there !!!
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Claire88 wrote: »
    Please give us the option to 1. Complain to restaurant management, possibly get comped a meal to go 2. Go home to the computer and write a bad review. 3. Order meals to go with less wait time. The service is awful there !!!

I stopped sending my sims there
    2llotup.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It has literally taken me as long as three days to finish a meal there: 12 hours to get seated, another 12 to order, about a full day for the food to arrive, about a day to eat, and then when it looked like they were never going to be able to pay and leave, I just hit debug and sent them home. I had to keep using cheats the whole time to keep them from dying while they waited for their food. Chez Llama is the worst, which is why I rarely go there, but all the restaurants take at least a day to complete a meal, if you can complete it at all, with the exception of one very small place that I created myself, and it still takes a good 12 hours to get through the meal there. There's another one I have where the chef literally stands outside all night and never goes to the cooking station; I'm confident that it's not a routing issue, because the kitchen is a wide-open clear space and none of the servers ever have any issue getting back there... they just end up standing around the cooking station waiting for the chef to show up while she hangs around outside, apparently on an eternal smoke break!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The only reason I see as to why these things happen is a) the game doesn't give you a waiter to serve you or chef to cook your meal for you or b) massive simulation lag. The only times I've seen this happen to me was when I clearly noticed that I wasn't being served on or my order was placed in some invisible queue that another chef had to make which never arrived. I would simply either just leave to eat somewhere else or simply cancel your order by cancelling the queue and order again. If that still doesn't work then simply let go of your table and ask for another table instead.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I just had a family of 8 there, and I thought they got the food pretty quickly.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Yep. When they don't forget the order......