Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Merge Sims with SimCity

This would actually be an idea for the Sims 5. Merge the Sims with the SimCity. You can imagine the joy it would bring. Create and manage cities, create and manage houses, create and manage characters, all in one. The size and computer requirements for such a game could be lowered by lowering the graphics. Lowered graphics could be made to look cute, and to leave more space for smooth gameplay.

Merge Sims with SimCity 80 votes

Yea.
46%
aprilroseMsMayBagoas77Jprp83jhgkjhgkjhcapricce2sikasika18taydevSeanT346Sonata13Singerthe_greenplumbobLittlBowBubChadSims2Internal_ChaosMasonGamerharun789garapoesdirty_milosshnailehsimmerLella 37 votes
Nay.
53%
CK213IcewolfBluebeard45elanorbretonCynnaMagdaleenarosehrtgirlMiSFiT203fruitsbasket101Cinebarcatloverplayerhunniboo1foxx_fennecFoxrox77CeCeDotClassicalSimkittymeowannaliese393KNPenMaggieMarley 43 votes

Comments

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Yea.
    i'd give it a chance.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    Yea.
    I was thinking of purchasing some of the SimCity series, but I was not sure which one. I watched some reviews, and saw people liking The SimCity 4 better than The SimCity 2013, because of the better gameplay, and in spite of the lower graphics. I saw that The SimCity 2013 was actually very limited because of the higher graphics quality, so one must wonder, does the better graphics automatically mean better game? I believe no. And better graphics are also the reason why we need to have loading screen each time we travel in The Sims 4, so that is another proof of better graphics destroying the overall game quality. And I am sure that there is a way to create some cute and pretty lowered graphics that would not require a supercomputer to play, but would also look appealing. That would be some real challenge for the developers.

Maybe I will go for The Cities: Skylines in the end. But, since The Sims evolved from The SimCity, it seems logical that these two should be merged together. Why to have The Sims withouth their SimCity, and why to have The SimCity without its Sims.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Nay.
    you could call it

sims city

...i'll show myself out

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You lost me at “This could work by lowering the graphics”.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Nay.
    Maybe as a spin-off game or something but not as a mainline Sims game.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Same...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    Yea.
    That was just my assumption, that the first criticism of the idea would have been the graphics and overall computer requirements needed for such a fusion of two games, because there is already no open world in The Sims 4 because of the heavy graphics, and that The SimCity 2013 has very limited cities in size because of the heavy graphics.

It is still a graphics vs. gameplay debate, where some people prefer better graphics, while some other prefer better gameplay, that is probably why some still prefer The Sims 3 over The Sims 4. I am not a hardcore gamer, and I don't have a powerful gaming computer, as probably the majority of the people who play The Sims. But if The SimCity and The Sims would be merged in one game, then I promise I would buy a new and powerful computer just to play it, lol.

It would be awesome to have a possibility to create a city, with roads and streets, and different types of buildings - residential, commercial, and industrial - and then you place the Sims to live in residential areas, and to go to work in commercial and industrial areas, even if it is a very limited city like in The SimCity 2013.
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Yea.
    I've wanted this since I was 11 years old, but I'm not counting on it. I feel like it would fall short of my dreams... but if they did it right, heck yeah!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nay.
    That was just my assumption, that the first criticism of the idea would have been the graphics and overall computer requirements needed for such a fusion of two games, because there is already no open world in The Sims 4 because of the heavy graphics, and that The SimCity 2013 has very limited cities in size because of the heavy graphics.

It is still a graphics vs. gameplay debate, where some people prefer better graphics, while some other prefer better gameplay, that is probably why some still prefer The Sims 3 over The Sims 4. I am not a hardcore gamer, and I don't have a powerful gaming computer, as probably the majority of the people who play The Sims. But if The SimCity and The Sims would be merged in one game, then I promise I would buy a new and powerful computer just to play it, lol.

It would be awesome to have a possibility to create a city, with roads and streets, and different types of buildings - residential, commercial, and industrial - and then you place the Sims to live in residential areas, and to go to work in commercial and industrial areas, even if it is a very limited city like in The SimCity 2013.

For the price of 2 EPs you can get a decent video card (on sale usually) from $300 down to $100. I would put my money into a better machine and play the better graphically intense games rather than a watered down version of The Sims and Sim City hybrid.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Nay.
    Nope.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Nay.
    *runs away from lower graphics* anything but that! :s
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Yea.
    Yes, something new. Not redo the same game over and over again.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    EA shut the SimCity studio down in 2015. They stopped making SimCity. Someone told me the sims 2 works with one of the SimCty games though I have never tried it. I would ask the sims 2 section of this forum
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Nay.
    Nope.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Nay.
    In sim city 4 your sims from the sims 1 could be brought to your city. You couldn’t play as them but you could give them a house and choose if they walked, cycled or used a car. You could ask them for feedback on your town and they will get jobs and give you updates on their lives. You could also create maps for the sims 2.

As a huge fan of sim city 4 and the previous games and as someone who was horrified as to what they did to Sim City, I hope EA never ever touch a city builder game again. Leave it Cities Skylines please.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Nay.
    I liked playing the SimCity franchise, but I don't think it would work well merging the two together.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Nay.
    While it seems like a good idea at first, I think it would wind being too much for the devs to focus on. One or both parts of the game would probably suffer as a result. Plus any game that would need to have lower graphics to work is a no for me.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Nay.
    With Sims 3 they were on a path to go this direction, but unfortunately they decided to throw everything out with Sims 4 and go back to a relationship-simulator.

I don't think that there would be any sort of success with this kind of thing by mixing TS4 with Sim City. You're taking two drastically different concepts and trying to fuse them together.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Yea.
    Not with lower graphics!!!

But otherwise this is my dream. Maybe a zoomed out view utilizing the low LOD versions for macro town/city planning, then the usual Sims HQ view. :smiley: It'd be a good time with Sims 5 for this concept since Sim City died after Sims 4 was made. Technology moves on too so maybe that will help.

... Or EA could mess it up, but that could happen with anything.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yea.
    I was thinking of purchasing some of the SimCity series, but I was not sure which one. I watched some reviews, and saw people liking The SimCity 4 better than The SimCity 2013, because of the better gameplay, and in spite of the lower graphics. I saw that The SimCity 2013 was actually very limited because of the higher graphics quality, so one must wonder, does the better graphics automatically mean better game? I believe no. And better graphics are also the reason why we need to have loading screen each time we travel in The Sims 4, so that is another proof of better graphics destroying the overall game quality. And I am sure that there is a way to create some cute and pretty lowered graphics that would not require a supercomputer to play, but would also look appealing. That would be some real challenge for the developers.

Maybe I will go for The Cities: Skylines in the end. But, since The Sims evolved from The SimCity, it seems logical that these two should be merged together. Why to have The Sims withouth their SimCity, and why to have The SimCity without its Sims.

TS4 looks good/cute but what about the low poly stuff and too-smooth textures? I don't know about overall better graphics or that being a reason for loading screens.

ETA: Also Cities Skylines has amazing graphics and is not limited. It's much more expansive than Sim City 2013 and looks at least as good.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Nay.
    Nay! In view of what we've been getting for quality lately, a combo like this would reduce the graphics to 'o's for water, 'x's for land mass and the arrow keys for our moveable sims. I remember those days (C was a city.. whoopieee) and have no desire to return to them.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Nay.
    Too much lowered graphics already. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Yea.
    Ok, it seems that I shouldn't have mentioned "lowered graphics", lol. That was just my assumption. And also, I meant not just "lowered graphics", but "lowered graphics that would look cute and appealing", if such a thing is possible to achieve, and I believe it is.

I have purchased Cities: Skylines yesterday, and I must say, from the very start, it looks cold and lonesome and depressing, and as something is missing, like the Sim characters who would actually live their lives in that city and be playable.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @dirty_milos I guess you missed my post. EA is no longer making SimCity. They shut the SimCity studio down in 2015. You can google this issue. Again I hear the sims 2 can work with one of the SmCity games if you ask the sims 2 section. I don't know if it still works. I have never tried it