March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More games for kids and teens. (Pic heavy)

CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
Since it's now possible for certain activities to be edited into the world, it would be nice to see spontaneous games pop up that our Sim kids can join in (as well as objects that we, the players, can add onto specific lots). It would help the worlds to feel more alive and allow the kids of the game to seem more like kids.

I would love to see more street games. The center plazas in San Myshuno would be ideal for stuff like this. However, these games would be fun anywhere:

- Jump rope for individuals and groups, including double dutch contests.

LP4YiMQ.jpg

- Skelly

69RHDnG.jpg

- Marbles

LjsDlSM.jpg

- Jacks

xtNISah.jpg

- Hopscotch

lQdaf4S.jpg

There are also games that wouldn't require large objects:

- Tag

2MP50jk.jpg

- Miss Mary Mack (This would be awesome in three- and four-way versions. <3 )

k1jMlx7.jpg

- Cat's Cradle string games

enQe9dX.jpg

- Simon says

bxBmhMs.jpg

- Slap fights, pillow fights, and tickle fights (I would much prefer those for Brawl Day. They're much more playful. :) )

a5y4pYO.gif

W5LMUTK.jpg

It would be cool to have party games -- for kids of all ages :):smile:

- Pinata

bRw3QeC.jpg

- Pin the tail on the Donkey

8CzG2wb.jpg

Finally, here are a couple of really ambitious things that I'm not sure could ever be made, but I couldn't leave them out:

- Duck, duck, goose!

FGSLKqT.jpg

- Musical chairs

cYmynNi.jpg

- Red light, green light

UhG9l1l.jpg

I love generational play. I would be tickled if the kids/teens had more fun, active things to do besides hang out on the monkey bars and the huge playground objects. I hope that EA will consider some of this.
I3Ml5Om.jpg

Comments

• Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, I agree. I would love jump rope, tag and pillow fights!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    AH yes, the Classics.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Would love this so much
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    we have musical chairs already. :wink:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    we have musical chairs already. :wink:

:D:'(
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Pin the tail on the llama would be appropriate.

Didn't sims 2 have a skipping rope, mary mack hopscotch, and pillow fights? They all need to return.

They could also make paper planes out of newspapers... we'd have to have newspapers return too. Or at least junk mail delivered to the letterbox.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I still don’t understand why they haven’t brought Tag back!

Especially, in a world like Willow Creek where there’s so much open space I could definitely see child sims having fun playing a game of tag!

Also Pin the tail on the donkey and a Piñata would be great additions to a party pack!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    This idea is fun I remember doing these things in mostly Elementary and middle school.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'd really love to see some of those. Kids need more occasions to be kids without necessarily using large objects.
    Jaysims wrote: »

Especially, in a world like Willow Creek where there’s so much open space I could definitely see child sims having fun playing a game of tag!

Also Pin the tail on the donkey and a Piñata would be great additions to a party pack!

I know, right?

That's probably why kids in TS4 don't feel realistic to me. Kids run, kids jump, kids bounce, and jig around. Kids in TS4 don't do that and, to my knowledge, they have no interactions that encourage it. In my TS3 game, kids were always biking, running, playing in the pool, and doing all kinds of outdoor things. I miss that feeling.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

I know, right?

That's probably why kids in TS4 don't feel realistic to me. Kids run, kids jump, kids bounce, and jig around. Kids in TS4 don't do that and, to my knowledge, they have no interactions that encourage it. In my TS3 game, kids were always biking, running, playing in the pool, and doing all kinds of outdoor things. I miss that feeling.

Yeah this is excalty what we need in the future for kids in The Sims.
    @EA_Mage @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruNinja
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

I know, right?

Apparently they think all modern kids are permanently attached to their electronic devices. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I want to see family volley ball return as well.... and I sure miss children being able to play tag and such.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Excluding musical chairs which was a base game feature sadly I would love to see a lot of things from this list I need games for the kids which are not locked to a object and can be done anywhere.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MollyDTheSimsMollyDTheSims Posts: 21 Member
    I think these are all great ideas and would really add to the kids life-stage!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I also miss Sims 2 miss Mary Mack and Sims 3 had tag like bring those back into the game Sims are suppose to be social but they really not social at all until you make them. Especially with family members it's like I do a family reunion when relatives don't know each other and second cousins don't recognize each other it's like...really?
    Movotti wrote: »

Apparently they think all modern kids are permanently attached to their electronic devices. :/

It's really sad isn't it?

Hopefully, future packs will change this. Especially now that there's Seasons, warm, sunny days should bring the kids out onto the front lawns and to the park spaces. It would really make a difference if the children had more kid things to do, other than sit on the monkey bars or on the large playground structures.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    These all sounds really fun, though I'm afraid what tag would look like after seeing how strange water balloon fights turned out to be. :D Hopefully by then it'll all be fixed.