Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many worlds do you think are left ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
Hi,

Previously
  • The Sims: 8 maps
    • 2 main neighborhoods
    • 5 sub-neighborhoods
    • 1 empty neighborhood
  • The Sims 2: 24 maps
    • 6 main neighborhoods
    • 8 sub-neighborhoods
    • 10 empty neighborhoods
  • The Sims 3: 24 maps
    • 19 home worlds
    • 5 sub-worlds

7 years later, The Sims 4 get 19 maps (16 home worlds, 1 empty world and 3 vacation destinations).

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

How many worlds do you think are left ? 204 votes

Less than 10
57%
auroraael14CK213Jeanrudy8292Kita5399Jasealexspoom13aprilroseLomelindi7Jessa_DakkarimhappysuitcaseIsb917SimburianPipersfun2CynnaRadioAChickenDJQ1308robyngravesmiss_simlish 117 votes
Between 10 and 20
36%
icmnfrshLeGardePourpreIcewolfbandit5IceyJrudolphaWritin_RegAlrynnLawmaystilljustme2DarcVader1KalaniCoolhsmfunnydetermigBoredinTXashcrash19smurf45blueThangwenCeCeDotSimplyTori 74 votes
More than 20
6%
JestTruBagoas77catloverplayerTrimothmariajane216ChambersNElyseeItsJanierTS1299SassycottonBradyGalaxysupermilinkagemjas 13 votes

Comments

• DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    Between 10 and 20
    I think that since they plan to have a much longer life for the sims 4 that we will see at the very least 10 more worlds but probably closer to 20. It feels like they are wanting to go bigger and better with this iteration than previous ones.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    More than 20
    It's really hard to say since Sims 4 has 3 more years. I voted over 20 just to be safe.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Less than 10
    3 more EP worlds and 4 more GP worlds, and one Create A World please. :blush:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They are doing things differently, so there could be three more or thirty three more.

My wish is that we could pick and choose which worlds we want in each save. For example, in my realistic save, I would leave out FH and vampires. However, in my supernatural save, FH would be the hub of that save.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Less than 10
    Really have no good guess on this because they could bring out a ton of tiny worlds, or a few larger worlds or who knows! It totally depends on the packs and I don’t feel we can really predict what the next packs will be. I suspect we will see the return of some content like university and witches and I’m sure some will have worlds but how many packs will have worlds is anyone’s guess.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited July 2018
    Between 10 and 20
    There are so many regions which were never done since The Sims exist.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Hi,

Previously
      • 2 main neighborhoods
      • 5 sub-neighborhoods
      • 1 empty neighborhood
      • 6 main neighborhoods
      • 8 sub-neighborhoods
      • 10 empty neighborhoods
      • 19 home worlds
      • 5 sub-worlds

4 years later, The Sims 4 get 10 maps (7 home worlds, 1 empty world and 2 vacation destinations).

What are you considering sub worlds?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Less than 10
    Hi,

Previously
      • 2 main neighborhoods
      • 5 sub-neighborhoods
      • 1 empty neighborhood
      • 6 main neighborhoods
      • 8 sub-neighborhoods
      • 10 empty neighborhoods
      • 19 home worlds
      • 5 sub-worlds

4 years later, The Sims 4 get 10 maps (7 home worlds, 1 empty world and 2 vacation destinations).

Sub-worlds is a term best used to describe some TS2 worlds. A main home neighborhood that you started a save in would let you add sub-neighborhoods like downtown, university worlds, vacation worlds to that save.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Less than 10
    My guess is at least 2 more vacation worlds, maybe a couple of specialized game pack worlds for new life states, and maybe 3 or 4 more expansion pack worlds. I'm hoping we get another free world like Newcrest at some point, too, but I'm not counting on it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Between 10 and 20
    Up to 10 more years for Sims 4? - should be easily between 10 and 20 even if they get 2 a year - counting gp and ep worlds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

More than 20
    For sure we need a Tropical Ocean World and an Alpine Winter Resort World.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    More than 20
    I'm saying 20 or more because since The Sims 1, we have gained over 20 worlds in the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. I would feel as though they would go beyond 24 for the Sims 4. Also I just want a ton of worlds too :smile:
    Proud simmer
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Between 10 and 20

I'm thinking those for vacation worlds, which would be smaller than a standard EP world.

Other worlds they could add would be University, maybe some sort of pack to do with celebrity (update of Sims 1 Superstar?), a mini-world for witches/magic (still would love a reboot of Sims 1 Makin' Magic), and I'm leaving room for ideas that the devs may come up with that I can't even imagine, like some of those ideas Grant's put out there in his Twitter polls.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    More than 20

I'm thinking those for vacation worlds, which would be smaller than a standard EP world.

Other worlds they could add would be University, maybe some sort of pack to do with celebrity (update of Sims 1 Superstar?), a mini-world for witches/magic (still would love a reboot of Sims 1 Makin' Magic), and I'm leaving room for ideas that the devs may come up with that I can't even imagine, like some of those ideas Grant's put out there in his Twitter polls.

I'd like a Carnival World too.
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Less than 10
    Less than 10
    +CAW
  • EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member
    Less than 10
    8-9?
    maybe?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Between 10 and 20
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They are doing things differently, so there could be three more or thirty three more.

My wish is that we could pick and choose which worlds we want in each save. For example, in my realistic save, I would leave out FH and vampires. However, in my supernatural save, FH would be the hub of that save.

What word is FH?
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Between 10 and 20
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

What word is FH?

Forgotten Hollow, the world that came with the Vampires game pack
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Considering TS4 "neighborhoods" are all part of the same world, and there is a limited amount of sims a save can stand, I very much doubt we're getting so many new worlds.
    5 already seems like a stretch.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Between 10 and 20
    All I really want is some kind of Hollywood inspired world filled with modern/art deco architecture and furniture. It would be a dream come true for me and would even top San Myshuno.
  • AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    Less than 10
    Less than 10, however because of the map not being easily editable I'd hope for at least more lots in the worlds released. I wouldn't care if there were a lot of worlds if users could customize them as they please, but unfortunately that's not a thing for TS4 yet. Really hope "yet" is emphasized and we get one.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Less than 10
    I think around 7-10.
  • aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    Less than 10
    I think less than ten. The Sims 4 hasn't really been on the same path as the other games, and it seems that they are only extending The Sims 4's life span to a few more years. I wouldn't expect more than ten in a few years. Just not that likely, unless they really make a lot of game packs with worlds and expansions with worlds in those 3-4 years.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Less than 10
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Hi,

Previously
      • 2 main neighborhoods
      • 5 sub-neighborhoods
      • 1 empty neighborhood
      • 6 main neighborhoods
      • 8 sub-neighborhoods
      • 10 empty neighborhoods
      • 19 home worlds
      • 5 sub-worlds

Sub-worlds is a term best used to describe some TS2 worlds. A main home neighborhood that you started a save in would let you add sub-neighborhoods like downtown, university worlds, vacation worlds to that save.

which sims 4 should be. I hate that Sims 3 had all worls separated from eachother, and sims 4 has all worlds tied to eachother. It seems that the SimGurus only now how to make extremes! They never saw how most of the community did in Sims 2 using the subneighborhoods tool? Have they never seen the uberhoods?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited August 2018
    Between 10 and 20
    It seems Less than 10 be more realistic.

Maybe only 4 home worlds and 2 vacation destinations