Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think any Sims 4 Packs will be revealed at Gamescom? (Update Sims 4 Won't be at Gamescom)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Normally EA doesn't reveal Sims 4 Packs at Gamescom but I think this year might be different with a Gamepack getting revealed. What do y'all think?
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Well, they did say they were changing things up when it comes to distribution schedules, so... maybe?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I have no good guess one way or another
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Nope as game packs are too small to be announced at such events.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

They announced the Fitness stuff pack in the E3 if i remember correctly. Game packs are bigger than SPs...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Nope. I don't think that revealing packs at general game conventions is a thing for Sims anymore. The audience for Sims just might not overlap enough with the audiences of people-who-follow-coverage-of-these-events. Better to just focus on engaging with those fans who go in person and save the announcements for where Simmers will find them anyway.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Karon wrote: »

They announced the Fitness stuff pack in the E3 if i remember correctly. Game packs are bigger than SPs...

That wasn't an announcement - the pack was just there to try out. It had already been announced. There hasn't been a pack announcement at a game convention since Get Together, and that didn't go well in multiple ways (announcement bombed with the in-person audience as well as others, plus it was waaaaaay to early).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

That wasn't an announcement - the pack was just there to try out. It had already been announced. There hasn't been a pack announcement at a game convention since Get Together, and that didn't go well in multiple ways (announcement bombed with the in-person audience as well as others, plus it was waaaaaay to early).

Cats & Dogs was also announced at Gamescom. Get Together and Cats & Dogs are the only two TS4 packs announced at a press conference.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    When is the event?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Cocoapugs wrote: »
    When is the event?

Gamescom 2018 will begin on Tuesday, August 21 and ends on Saturday, August 25.

Normally EA doesn't reveal Sims 4 Packs at Gamescom but I think this year might be different with a Gamepack getting revealed. What do y'all think?

I doubt because EP05 Seasons wasn't announced at EA Play but I may be wrong.

Previously Maxis announced at the Gamescom EP02 Get Together in 2015 and EP04 Cats & Dogs in 2017.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe for console.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Well this should not be an surprise but ,the Sims will not attend gamescon this year.Says Simsguru Kate. :(
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Well this should not be an surprise but ,the Sims will not attend gamescon this year.Says Simsguru Kate. :(

Aww. That's too bad tbh. This if the first time I'm attending Gamescom!
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited July 2018
    @ Taquanda Aww That's sad, hopefully there something else you would like to see. :)
    Post edited by beville on
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Get together did terrible because...what even was it? It never once mentioned clubs in the entire video or show case. Nobody had any idea what is was about. That was genuinely without a doubt an entire marketing flop, marketing is usually on point for sims, but they did Get Together dirty.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Since TheSims won't be attending Gamescom I wonder if that means a Gamepack Announcement could be made at any time in August.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Ok, This is evidence that TS4 is a bad game ... THEY say we have three more years, but maybe (almost certainly) "get" less than the previous three years ....

I hope TS5 will be better, not so empty sims.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »
    beville wrote: »

Aww. That's too bad tbh. This if the first time I'm attending Gamescom!

Same here.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Ok, This is evidence that TS4 is a bad game ... THEY say we have three more years, but maybe (almost certainly) "get" less than the previous three years ....

There’s no guarantee for a Sims 5 :|
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Bummer...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

There’s no guarantee for a Sims 5 :|

I just cant see EA killing off the Sims Franchise. I think Sims 5 is a given.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Since TheSims won't be attending Gamescom I wonder if that means a Gamepack Announcement could be made at any time in August.

Normally, it would mean they don't have anything to announce. But who knows these days.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.