Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Omg toddlers!

Comments

• Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Nannys are great! I hired one for my sim's toddler and he really takes care of her. After a few hours of play, I saw TWO nannies. even better! I guess the first one thought she was a problem child and so he called another one for help! LMBO
    I agree with you 100% honeyboom
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Lol. Bless the little creatures.

I am just playing with my first inquisitive toddler and, jeez, she is never still! Sim mum is at the end of her tether.

258.png?dl=0

Firstly mum had answered the door to a neighbour and when she got back to the lounge the little darling had spread paint on the floor, while she was cleaning that up the toddler went and got a pile of clothes out of the dresser and put on the floor. Then when she gave her breakfast, she just chucked that on the floor.

I know toddlers will do all sorts of stuff, but I never had them go at it one after another after another lol. She's a delight!

I love toddlers in this game! Also, if you have Parenthood you can 'give them a talking to' and also work on saying sorry, teach them manners. Like my late mother, I'm a stickler when it comes to manners. Please, and thank you are the "magic words", if you will. Inquisitive and Wild are the toughest traits. To ensure I don't just pick the ones I want, I generally use a roll of the dice to select the trait.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Lol. Bless the little creatures.

I am just playing with my first inquisitive toddler and, jeez, she is never still! Sim mum is at the end of her tether.

258.png?dl=0

Firstly mum had answered the door to a neighbour and when she got back to the lounge the little darling had spread paint on the floor, while she was cleaning that up the toddler went and got a pile of clothes out of the dresser and put on the floor. Then when she gave her breakfast, she just chucked that on the floor.

I know toddlers will do all sorts of stuff, but I never had them go at it one after another after another lol. She's a delight!

I love toddlers in this game! Also, if you have Parenthood you can 'give them a talking to' and also work on saying sorry, teach them manners. Like my late mother, I'm a stickler when it comes to manners. Please, and thank you are the "magic words", if you will. Inquisitive and Wild are the toughest traits. To ensure I don't just pick the ones I want, I generally use a roll of the dice to select the trait.
    Yes but please and thank you in my sims families ends up being snotty toddler time. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Huh. Funny. :D I just hire a nanny and forget it. Maybe it's easier because mine are now potty trained and can climb stairs.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    The thing with toddler is, only hunger is dangerous to them. All their needs can be in the red but as long as they're fed, you don't have to worry they'll be taken away.

It's good to have a plate of food on the table at all times. Can be anything but the spicy food! I actually find toddlers in 4 pretty self sustaining. They can reach for the food themselves. I bothered with the high chair at the beginning because I like realistic stuff but it just wasn't worth it. A multiple serving of something delicious and lots of toys laying around will do the trick :)

I found that out the hard way almost that the toddlers to NOT like the spicy food. lol I have a mod that "children and toddlers can die of anything" and my toddler was dangerously hungry I think my sim made some Pho? and i kept telling the toddler to grab a plate. They would, but then set it back down no matter how long i tried which made me panic. then it dawned on me that it may be to spicy for them and so i had someone quickly grab a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for them. Whew talk about a lesson

Omg! That's exactly how I discovered that toddlers can't have spicy food. Tried to feed one pho and it was a dangerous game :) Took me a long time before I figured the constant bowl rejection is not a glitch.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Toddlers are annoying and time-consuming to me, but hey to each their own. I age them up quickly so I don't have to deal with is life stage.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    One word of advice. If you want to focus on adult Sims, don't ever give them even just a single toddler. They require constant attention and if you don't give it, you will receive threats that they may get taken away. Personally, I resent this life stage. I'm just not ready to drop everything because of a Sim kid :/

Welcome to Real Life. :)

My Sims raised their daughter (a toddler), then they adopted another baby after she aged up to Child. When that toddler aged up, they adopted a third who was already at the Child stage so the two could play together. Got lucky in the adoption lottery -- he has the Neat trait so he autonomously cleans up and does laundry. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The thing with toddler is, only hunger is dangerous to them. All their needs can be in the red but as long as they're fed, you don't have to worry they'll be taken away.

It's good to have a plate of food on the table at all times. Can be anything but the spicy food! I actually find toddlers in 4 pretty self sustaining. They can reach for the food themselves. I bothered with the high chair at the beginning because I like realistic stuff but it just wasn't worth it. A multiple serving of something delicious and lots of toys laying around will do the trick :)

Especially if one of your Sims has the Fresh Chef trait where the food never spolis -- be careful that it's not too sweet though; I gave a toddler Fruit and Yogurt Parfait, and they were on a sugar rush for several hours followed by an Angry moodlet after the sugar crash. :o
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I love the toddlers! I don't think they are challenging at all but can be time-consuming. What I find challenging is adding a dog to the family with toddlers and kids because the dog needs more attention than the kids do and 9 times out of 10 the dog will run away and the family will be sad and the dog will come back for a few days just to run away again and the real kicker is that the dog has a high relationship with all the family members. My sims just don't have time between their jobs and three kids to give their dog a lot of attention. So now I give my sims cats.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited July 2018
    Toddlers are very challenging and time consuming for me. Especially in a larger family with a pet. I just moved my toddler, child, and teen in with their grandparents while I concentrate on the parents, their careers and getting through the first year of seasons. I have UI Cheats installed and was guilty of lowering my toddler's energy and sending her to bed when I wanted to focus on other family members. :p
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I actually like that toddlers are challenging! It makes a lot of sense! It's just like real life. What I do wish they would fix is the high chair though.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I actually like that toddlers are challenging! It makes a lot of sense! It's just like real life. What I do wish they would fix is the high chair though.

I love them. They are my favourite life stage. I really hope they don't somehow try to make things easier for us with toddlers (though, as you say, a highchair fix would be welcome).
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    I had a sim mother with six toddlers. It wasn’t too bad after you give the toddlers the toys and tablets, and then take some chunks of time to potty train them, little by little.

Feeding them is easy: just cook a dish serving and put the dishes on a low table or on the floor. The toddlers can toddler over and just pick up their own serving. Bam, fed.

The toddlers can learn to walk and talk by themselves. All six of the toddlers learned to walk and talk by attempting and doing those actions by themselves (and talking with each other).

My goodness toddlers chatter so much, lol. :lol: Talk, talk, talk, blah, blah, blah.

ETA: To me, the Sims 4 toddlers are much more independent and easier than previous sims toddlers and real life toddlers, imho, lol.

And yes, the occasional nanny or neat sim to clean up the messes is quite helpful as well, of course, haha! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    I bought the game originally because it DID NOT have toddlers. When they added that lifestage, I tried play the stage once. I found I hated it and it destroyed the relaxing "fun" of my game. Happily I found there is a mod now that skips the toddler stage, without the player needing to use a birthday cake.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I bought the game originally because it DID NOT have toddlers. When they added that lifestage, I tried play the stage once. I found I hated it and it destroyed the relaxing "fun" of my game. Happily I found there is a mod now that skips the toddler stage, without the player needing to use a birthday cake.

I had to quote because I was drawn to the sims 4 because toddlers were added! I'd fell off the sim-gaming map (been playing since The Sims) those years had been crazy and I rarely played sims 3. then I saw youtuber/toddlers and it got me back into simming....now I am properly addicted again! I love the lil buggers~
    they are cute for like ONE DAY....then I want them to grow up!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    One word of advice. If you want to focus on adult Sims, don't ever give them even just a single toddler. They require constant attention and if you don't give it, you will receive threats that they may get taken away. Personally, I resent this life stage. I'm just not ready to drop everything because of a Sim kid :/

All you have to do is feed them. Give them some toys and their skills will max out on their own (especially on long life span.) Toddlers are only challenging if you actively try to raise them, lol. In many households, I just potty train and forget them. Nannies around the clock.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    My current household has 2 toddlers and two dogs. Two dogs has puppies, usually also 2 , one litter after another :D ( I breed dogs and place them to my other rotational households). Fun never ends with this family. One toddler is about to age up, so I’ll make them have another baby and dogs another puppy. Or twins and no more dogs. I love playing full house.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member

Especially if one of your Sims has the Fresh Chef trait where the food never spolis -- be careful that it's not too sweet though; I gave a toddler Fruit and Yogurt Parfait, and they were on a sugar rush for several hours followed by an Angry moodlet after the sugar crash. :o

Oh, that's a good solution as well, I used to cheat and give one of the parents that trait, and then place a few meals cooked by them in the toddler's inventory. That way you don't even have to direct the kid to eat, they'll just whip out the forever-fresh dish whenever they need to. Ah, the lengths we go to just so we can have a little peace in our households :p
    IceyJ wrote: »
    [Toddlers are only challenging if you actively try to raise them, lol.
    This is so true. For people who don't like getting into all that, toddlers can practically raise themselves.

If you have their bedroom on the ground floor, there is almost nothing you need to do for them. They can feed themselves (the hand of 'god' can drag them a dish out of the fridge), they can potty train themselves after the first couple of goes, entertain themselves if you leave toys out, and take themselves to bed. What's so difficult? And it doesn't even take long for them to be able to go up and down stairs on their own either.

I like to make my sims look after them because it makes it more of a challenge, but that's just me.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited July 2018

As others advise, chuck the high chair. Most of the toddler foods overfeed the kid (if she doesn't throw the food on the floor - grrrr). I feed mine a plate of superfood salad in the morning and just before bed, and it's just the right amount. (I also keep some fruit in their inventory in case they need a boost late in the day.)

Toddlers fill up on just about any food except for a few things before finishing their plate....that's why I just give them the toddler foods as most of the adult foods that take time to prepare are wasted on them.

Once the Thinking skill is leveled up, they don't throw food. So, yeah, if you have a toddler with low skills, they will defy and throw tantrums and throw food and wake up with nightmares and won't be able to use the potty themselves or put themselves to bed properly (they'll just nap on the bed instead). A toddler with 3 in potty and at least 4 in Thinking is almost entirely self-sufficient.....all they need is an occasional bath, some toys to keep busy with and stick out a plate of food every so often for them to grab. It always makes me wonder if some people don't realize how easy toddlers are once their skills are leveled up because they always age up before getting to that point. There is monumental difference between a toddler with level 1 skills across the board and a toddler with maxed skills across the board....they are almost 2 different life states, lol.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    I love the amazing Sims 4 toddlers and how like real toddlers they act. Just great - just the way they are.

Can be used as an excellent learning tool for young teen girls and boys I think - LOL. They can be grateful for one thing Sims toddler don't go through illnesses and teething like real toddlers do and you can keep Sims 4 toddlers amused with their tablets andtoys for a whole lot longer than real toddlers. Best of all they do not climb as much as real toddler do or stack chairs to climb on or open door and sneak out like real ones try to do. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    @elanorbreton is your house on the gallery?! it seems beautiful!!
    you're ele-phantastic
    ambrown wrote: »
    @elanorbreton is your house on the gallery?! it seems beautiful!!

It's a Maxis apartment. In the arts district of San Myshuno. 122 Hakim Apartments.