Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Now that Freya and Hannes are officially my new reality tv sims, I've decided to start Total Drama: Yannik's Edition ;)

Really? :smiley:

That sounds so cool! Are you just using the Brantsteele generator, or are you actually going to write episodes and play it our yourself?

Brantsteele, I don't have the requirements to write episodes at the moment :/
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Speaking of Brantsteele, have you heard these podcasts about these simulated seasons?

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-loved-ones-season-podcast/

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-teos-brantsteele-season-podcast/

I find them to be hilarious. I'm still surprised at the final five vote of the first podcast.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited July 2018
    I really need to start posting more, how has everyone's day been?

I've had a massage today. :blush: Also been trying to write for Jetset, but I also had a discussion during dinner.

Luuucky. I need a massage haha. But they're so expensive.
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Speaking of Brantsteele, have you heard these podcasts about these simulated seasons?

I find them to be hilarious. I'm still surprised at the final five vote of the first podcast.

I love Rob Has A Podcast! I listen to them every night after a Survivor or BB episode.
    So lets start:

Tribes:

The Oldies:

Dustin
    Jennifer
    Daniela
    Jasmine
    Olivia
    Puma
    TJ
    Rebecca
    Victoria
    Brianna
    Jelly

The Newbies:

Ben
    Chad
    Leigh-Ann
    Robyn
    Ramona
    Jeannie
    Jessie
    Lindsay
    Giulia
    Freya
    Hannes
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Episode 1.1: The Invincibility Challenge

Sitting Ducks

This challenge is done in three parts. In part one, campers must jump off a one-thousand foot high cliff into the water, which is infested with psychotic, man-eating sharks. In the dangerous water is a small safe zone for campers to jump into. Campers who do not jump must wear a chicken hat for the remainder of the day. The team with more jumpers receives four wagons to help them with the next part of the challenge. In part two, teams must take four crates back to camp and open them with their teeth. In part three, teams must take the supplies from their crates and build a hot tub. The team with the better hot tub, as decided by Chris Mclean (the host), wins invincibility and gets to keep their hot tub.

Puma

1 camper on The Oldies doesn't jump and must wear a chicken hat.

Lindsay

1 camper on The Newbies doesn't jump and must wear a chicken hat.

Since there is a tie, neither team gets the wagons.

Chris deems the The Oldies hot tub better.

The Winners are...

Brianna
    Daniela
    Dustin
    Jasmine
    Jelly
    Jennifer
    Olivia
    Puma
    Rebecca
    TJ
    Victoria

The Oldies win invincibility!
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I really need to start posting more, how has everyone's day been?

Pretty decent. Just work and back home when done to make dinner, check up on the kitty, and probably clean or something. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    (Since Imgur doesn't let me on its website, I will post what BrantSteele gave me :D)

This is the campfire ceremony. I have 10 marshmallows.

If I call your name, you are safe and can get your marshmallow... If you do not receive a marshmallow, you must immediately return to the dock of shame to catch the boat of losers and leave. That means you're out of the contest and you can't come back, ever.

The first marshmallow goes to Robyn.

The second marshmallow goes to Jeannie.

The third marshmallow goes to Ramona.

The fourth marshmallow goes to Jessie.

The fifth marshmallow goes to Freya.

The sixth marshmallow goes to Ben.

The seventh marshmallow goes to Hannes.

Chad, Giulia, Leigh-Ann, and Lindsay have not yet received a marshmallow.

The eighth marshmallow goes to Chad.

The ninth marshmallow goes to Giulia.

The tenth marshmallow goes to Leigh-Ann.

Lindsay must walk the Dock of Shame and board the Boat of Losers.

The Votes:
    Ben voted for Lindsay.

Chad voted for Leigh-Ann.

Freya voted for Lindsay.

Giulia voted for Lindsay.

Hannes voted for Lindsay.

Jeannie voted for Lindsay.

Jessie voted for Lindsay.

Leigh-Ann voted for Lindsay.

Lindsay voted for Leigh-Ann.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Episode 2:

The Awake-athon

This challenge is done in three parts. In part one, campers must run twenty kilometres around a lake. In part two, All campers who finished the run by dinnertime will be treated to a feast. In a surprise turn of events, it is revealed that for the third part of the challenge, the last team to have at least one camper awake will win invincibility. If both teams have campers awake after twenty-four hours, they will be read fairy tales while a man, dressed as a pink sheep, plays the harp. If both teams still have campers awake after eighty-five hours, the eliminated campers are sent away while the remaining campers are read The History of Canada, a pop-up book.

Ben
    Dustin
    Hannes
    Jasmine
    Jessie
    Olivia
    Puma
    Robyn
    TJ

9 campers complete part one and are treated to the part two feast.

Part three begins.

Robyn from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 9 remaining.

Ben from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 8 remaining.

Freya from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 7 remaining.

Leigh-Ann from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 6 remaining.

Hannes from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 5 remaining.

Puma from The Oldies falls asleep.

They are down to 10 remaining.

Olivia from The Oldies falls asleep.

They are down to 9 remaining.

Ramona from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 4 remaining.

Daniela from The Oldies falls asleep.

They are down to 8 remaining.

Dustin from The Oldies falls asleep.

They are down to 7 remaining.

Giulia from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 3 remaining.

Rebecca from The Oldies falls asleep.

They are down to 6 remaining.

Chad from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 2 remaining.

Jeannie from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 1 remaining.

Jessie from The Newbies falls asleep.

They are down to 0 remaining.

Brianna
    Jelly
    Victoria
    Jasmine
    TJ
    Jennifer

6 campers remain awake for The Oldies

The Winners are...

Brianna
    Daniela
    Dustin
    Jasmine
    Jelly
    Jennifer
    Olivia
    Puma
    Rebecca
    TJ
    Victoria

The Oldies win invincibility!
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    This is the campfire ceremony. I have 9 marshmallows.

If I call your name, you are safe and can get your marshmallow... If you do not receive a marshmallow, you must immediately return to the dock of shame to catch the boat of losers and leave. That means you're out of the contest and you can't come back, ever.

The first marshmallow goes to Ramona.

The second marshmallow goes to Giulia.

The third marshmallow goes to Robyn.

The fourth marshmallow goes to Freya.

The fifth marshmallow goes to Jeannie.

The sixth marshmallow goes to Jessie.

Ben, Chad, Hannes, and Leigh-Ann have not yet received a marshmallow.

The seventh marshmallow goes to Ben.

The eighth marshmallow goes to Chad.

The ninth marshmallow goes to Hannes.

Leigh-Ann must walk the Dock of Shame and board the Boat of Losers.

The Votes:
    Ben voted for Leigh-Ann.

Chad voted for Leigh-Ann.

Freya voted for Hannes.

Giulia voted for Hannes.

Hannes voted for Leigh-Ann.

Jeannie voted for Leigh-Ann.

Jessie voted for Hannes.

Leigh-Ann voted for Chad.

Ramona voted for Chad.

Robyn voted for Leigh-Ann.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Freya voted for Hannes? Brutal XD
    Banner.png
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    x_MG_x wrote: »

I love Rob Has A Podcast! I listen to them every night after a Survivor or BB episode.

Yeah I like BnB episodes from the podcast. I find them to be hilarious. Have you listen to those episodes?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • bgkubbgkub Posts: 418 Member
    These pictures are screenshots of the set I made for Iron Chef the Sims

The Hosts, Judges and Iron Chef Lounge.
    pezgen.png

The Interview Room
    p623w0.png

The "Alton Brown" Room where he is the commentator/ time keeper of The Iron Chef
    nzennT.png

The "Battle Arena" where a contestant and Iron Chef head off
    puE5Nr.png

The "Mr Mark" platform where the unvieling of "the secret ingredient" is shown, and the intro to the game
    YV8YXJ.png

The "Iron Chef" platform where they choose which Iron Chef to head off
    Oyi2Ua.png

and of course "The Judges Panel"
    poAt20.png
    Just one of THOSE days!
    source.gif
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    @bgkub wow the set looks really beautiful, I can see you are talented with this kinda thing! :) it's a shame you won't be able to do it until next year but I'll be here waiting!

Can I just say that I'm very happy to have met you, you're so lovely and kind and I feel you bring a very positive energy! I hope you get to live your life how you want to and fulfill your dreams because you deserve it. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always talk to me, sometimes I feel it's nice to have someone to talk to about your problems. :)

• bgkubbgkub Posts: 418 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    @bgkub wow the set looks really beautiful, I can see you are talented with this kinda thing! :) it's a shame you won't be able to do it until next year but I'll be here waiting!

Can I just say that I'm very happy to have met you, you're so lovely and kind and I feel you bring a very positive energy! I hope you get to live your life how you want to and fulfill your dreams because you deserve it. If you ever need someone to talk to you can always talk to me, sometimes I feel it's nice to have someone to talk to about your problems. :)

I love you and will take you up on your offer!!! <3o:)B)<3o:)B)
    Just one of THOSE days!
    source.gif
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    I just had an intriguing and unusual twist for a reality show...and here it is: every single contestant's name starts with the same letter! It'd be so random and quirky, and likely confusing too. Just imagine, say, sixteen contestants all with 'A' names! Even better if some of them are double-ups, just an onslaught of chaos.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    I just had an intriguing and unusual twist for a reality show...and here it is: every single contestant's name starts with the same letter! It'd be so random and quirky, and likely confusing too. Just imagine, say, sixteen contestants all with 'A' names! Even better if some of them are double-ups, just an onslaught of chaos.

Just imagine the alluring alliterative avenues with such a promising premise
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Mole All-Stars be like:
    Adrian
    Aiden
    Aladdin
    Antoine
    Ariel
    Artie
    Ashlee
    Banner.png
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Just imagine the alluring alliterative avenues with such a promising premise

I'd imagine the host could have some real fun with announcements and such. Really, I just imagine Julie Chen saying as many of the same-letter names in a formed sentence to confuse the audience.

Mole All-Stars be like:
    Adrian
    Aiden
    Aladdin
    Antoine
    Ariel
    Artie
    Ashlee

What an interesting cast though...
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member

Doing this next ZP Season :P ... Hehe Kidding XD
    To all fellow reality show hosts:
    Do you generally plan the entire season in advance? Or do you improvise along as the show flows?
    Banner.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    As the show goes... You can't predicted how things will turn out... ;)
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited July 2018
    Do you generally plan the entire season in advance? Or do you improvise along as the show flows?

I have Zero Privacy's entire plan in terms of twists and such. However, episode by episode and challenge by challenge I wing it each story week, obviously.

It depends on context. Do you mean plan story events, or challenges, or in some cases twists and twist events?

I used to plan it quite meticulously... But the inevitable wrench is ALWAYS thrown into your plans and you essentially have to start over. So I've learned to improvise as I go. There's usually not much to plan though? Other than challenges, everything else falls into place once you get there. You can't plan too many scenes because you don't know who's going to make it week to week. I guess the only other thing I can think of is any detail that has to do with your twist, in which case it's better if the twist is somewhat flexible.

In my earlier seasons I'd also plan the exact ORDER of my challenges, but I scrapped that around season 3 or so. Of course, certain challenges you want to plan ahead, such as the first one, last one, and any challenge that requires a specific amount of people. But yeah... Although I like planning stuff, sometimes it's more efficient to just improvise as you go.