Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer The Sims 4 Babies or Sims 3

Do you prefer The Sims 4 Babies or Sims 3 260 votes

The Sims 3 babies
69%
GreyWindauroraael14CK213catmom1987JeanJaiSeaBreeSashaKita5399IdontrcallGoth583LaBlue0314jobug1015Jaline33djacquelynstewjeepjeepcatalexspoom13IceyJSimmervillelaurastalJessa_Dakkar 180 votes
The Sims 4 babies
30%
SkewedReality04BluegayleGalacticGalIcewolfDoubleSJossealan650111BlkBarbiegalrjhenn14GruffmanVkittyVibseSimburiansimm621simgirl1010alejandro15039luthienrisingNivyxslamondaa_niles06stilljustme2 80 votes

Comments

• Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    they should bring the sims 3 babies to sims 4
  • rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I liked that they weren't just objects in The Sims 3. We could take them for walks in strollers, walk around with them, put them in the swing.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    TS3, no doubt.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    TS3 babies, hands down. Sure they look like little burritos but least you could take them with you like a "normal" parent/family when traveling. Heck, you could even put them in their own baby swings which could also be used by toddlers. I loved that baby swing.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I prefer their appearance in TS4, but I hate not being able to view their needs in TS4. I also think they are more needy in TS4. Plus, I’d love it if they weren’t tied to their bassinet.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I've never played the sims 3, but I really don't like babies in the sims 4. I want to be able to take them out of the bassinet at least.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I know I'm in a minority here, and I definitely don't think Sims 4 babies are perfect, or even great, but what gets me is the breastfeeding. Sims 3 babies were cute but the forced bottlefeeding turned me right off them, regardless of everything else. Either way, I've never played the baby stage for long at all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Were floor babies a thing in TS3? If so, I prefer those ones.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    The Sims 3 babies
    yea they were well you could put them on the floor if u wanted and sit on the couch with them
    the sims 2 baby bathing in the basin was pretty cool to
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I like sims 4 babies better because I hated those burrito babies so much in Sims 3. I know the sims 4 babies are stuck to their bassinet but at least they have more interactions AND they wear clothes. They seem more alive too.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sims 3 babies all the way. I love taking them in the pram to Community lots with the family. Sims 2 babies were awesome too, sims 4 babies look like creepy, plastic dolls.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    "AND they wear clothes."

and have legs that move too. I like their animations better in TS4. They hardly move in 3.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I am not a fan of going back to 2000. the sims 4 babies are too much like going back to the sims 1 for me.

we had firstly a real life stage. one that you could pick up, take out with you, more than a single item to interact with them.

with 4 its a creepy looking doll you can't take anywhere. they should of just made the baby a doll for kids to play with.

its never going to count full as a life stage until l i see the poor thing free from the crib and less like a kids doll.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I poll for TS4, but really I dont like both. I use birthday in first day. Toddlers are greats, but babys no
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    For the first time in Sims history, infants can go anywhere their parents/caretakers go. No more stuck at the home lot like TS2 and also toddlers and children have a lot more freedom in TS3 too. I love being able to take the whole family out instead of being forced to leave the baby and/or toddler behind.

I wish TS3 infants and toddlers had a lot more interactions from TS2 like pass a held child to someone, lullabies, bathing in the sink, random chances of being thrown up on, other Sims can interact with the baby while being held, although there is a baby changing station I wish it were in the base game or at the very least in an EP like Generations because content like that should be basic to always have in the genre it represents than sold separately from the BG/EP's, clicking on the refrigerator for bottles instead of silly appearing out of nowhere unwanted shortcuts that starts to tear down the immersion factor, fighting over bottles, talking to each other as an interaction in the pie menu while keeping the autonomous talking as well, etc. Plus new interactions.

The babies in TS2 seems like around 5 or 6 months old (even though they can't roll over or sit up) while TS3 babies seems like they were just born so perhaps between 0 and 3 months old. I don't mind the babies being wrapped in a blanket but wish there were an option for baby hair, baby clothes and accessories. There is so much that can be done but it never gets done despite how vocal that request is. Instead, TS4 just went straight back to 2000 and 2004. Seriously?! I'm not going to pay for an expensive game that retrogresses and provide little to none improvement nor advancements when I already have The Sims, The Sims 2 and it's more in-depth than TS4 could ever be. I don't want a repeat of the same exact thing over and over again without anything that makes it improved and/or advanced over it's predecessors.
    TS2
    -Completely in 3D with 360 camera and more freedom with zoom controls
    -Aging/Generations/New life stages
    -Subhoods
    -Etc

TS3
    -Open seamless neighborhood/No loading screens except when moving or traveling
    -CASt/CAP/CAW
    -Story Progression
    -Realistic aging across the whole neighborhood
    -Traits (Sims beyond just personality traits which makes all Sims extremely dynamic and intriguing)
    -Etc

TS4
    -Emotions (Yeah, we had those since 2000 but it actually made sense and represented the genre it stood for quite well before TS4 happened)
    -Multitasking (Also, had that since 2000 with each generation more improved and advanced than the last...nothing brand new to the series)
    -Weirder Sims and stories
    -Immature humor that matches the childish stylized art style and overall tone
    -Back to 2000 and 2004 gameplay mechanics that drags the whole franchise down according to progression
    -Etc

Anyway, TS2 and TS3 babies are the best of both worlds if combined right. Regardless, of TS3's shortcomings it still trumps TS4 and improves and advances over TS2 in some useful and meaningful areas of gameplay. With Generations EP, store content and cc it helps to get the most immersive experience.
    Screenshot-5224.jpg
    Screenshot-232.jpg
    Screenshot-1494.jpg
    Screenshot-2755.jpg
    Screenshot-2770.jpg
    Screenshot-577.jpg

Sidenote: It would have been great if players could create pregnant Sims and infants in CAS. But EA/Maxis chose the direction they want to go. Well, I wonder what their vision will look like once it's complete? In any case, TS4 game engine is the weakest so nothing groundbreaking to see in my opinion. But then again, TS4 was never meant to be a game for everyone unlike TS/TS2/TS3 nor is it based on an actual life simulator unlike TS/TS2/TS3.
    square-peg.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    Never could stand babies in the game, created them looked at them for a bit in game then aged them up fast.
  • MollieLouMollieLou Posts: 19 Member
    I actually like the babies from TS2 the most!
    The Sims 3 babies
    They were fair cool aye :)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sims 3 babies, hands down.

Look at those freed burritos! :blush: Look at them traveling the worlds!

AND in Sims 3, the Sims actually cared about the babies! (Unlike my Sims 4 Sims who barely acknowledge the baby’s existence...)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Anyone here remembers AndrewArcade's ditch baby..?

No..?

:p

It was a pain sometimes to look for the baby someone randomly placed outside in the snow, but I'd take the worm babies I could freely place in a ditch outside my sims' home over whatever the little monsters in TS4 are supposed to be ANYTIME.

(Not that I'd advise anyone to put babies in ditches... Just an example of how open ended TS3 was. Just about anything was possible, even the most bizarre things)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Neither. I prefer Sims 2 babies.

Yeah, this should have been an option. Sims 2 babies were the best.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I barely played TS3 and they were a little ugly and didn't even have legs, but I loved how sims could multi task while holding babies.

TS4, self proclaimed multi tasking king, really missed the mark there.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    only because they weren't objects.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.