Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Merelhyn You are the winner for the May/June period and we're going to close out this contest with a big bang! Our generous sponsor, @scillakees, has a special gift for you so check your inbox!

Feel free to use this thread to chat or even create and submit gifts from wishlists if you'd like, but there will be no more monthly prizes. Thanks to everyone who participated in the last few months and a special thanks to our amazing sponsors!

I feel like I need to sing the "My Way" song again... if I could even find it :cry:
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I'm sorry I didn't submit anything. I wanted to build something, for a few previous months already, but didn't even start... Then, yesterday, I wanted to start, but I haven't got the inspiration and was really tired. I still think this was/is an awesome concept, it's just that I had inspiration once for one member's wishlist, and submitted the result, but then I ran dry.
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Merelhyn You are the winner for the May/June period and we're going to close out this contest with a big bang! Our generous sponsor, @scillakees, has a special gift for you so check your inbox!

Wow wow wow! Thank you sooooo much @scillakees for… Lunar Lakes! That was an unexpected gift and I'm so grateful. This game has given challenges to build, and I met so many cool people, and I'm grateful to all of you for your kind words and encouragements and feedback and everything. This is truly a marvellous community.

I have several half-build projects, and ideas for more, so I'll be sure to keep participating in this thread. It was a very good idea @ZeeGee and I hope that most creation wishlists have been fulfilled (or at least, partly fulfilled).
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Glad you like it @Merelhyn twas all at @ZeeGee's direction. Congratulations, you deserve it. You still have exactly 1542 sp to spend so let me know what you want.

Thank you @ZeeGee for restarting the Gift of Creation Game. I had fun being the delivery girl. Hopefully people will continue to create builds and wishlists without prizes.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @ZeeGee, with your permission, I'd like to keep moderating the thread. Can those rights be shared? And, if activity merits, maybe reinstate prizes? Activity has been low, but I truly believe that it might be cyclical/seasonal. I know we just had a couple new people show interest in the past few weeks.

This was an amazing experience, especially at the beginning. You really gave us a great opportunity to find new inspiration. As I'd mentioned in my last post, I would still like to find that outside inspiration again.

Now, on a selfish note, @equuest, I really hope to see the finished version of that house you've been previewing!!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @ninaumi Don't worry. It's hard to create something with that amount of time anyway. :)

Thank you @ZeeGee for restarting the Gift of Creation Game. I had fun being the delivery girl. Hopefully people will continue to create builds and wishlists without prizes.[/quote]

@scillakees You're welcome and thanks so much for being such a generous sponsor and showing up with the gifts on time!

@Merelhyn Thank you! This is a continuation of a game started by our long gone but much missed NagyGina. That thread was always hopping and popping! And I look forward to seeing what you build in the future. Please feel free to post here anything you get finished up. Especially if it's that Goth Manor makeover! I'd really love to see what you did with that.

Jude525 wrote: »
    @ZeeGee, with your permission, I'd like to keep moderating the thread. Can those rights be shared? And, if activity merits, maybe reinstate prizes? Activity has been low, but I truly believe that it might be cyclical/seasonal. I know we just had a couple new people show interest in the past few weeks.

This was an amazing experience, especially at the beginning. You really gave us a great opportunity to find new inspiration. As I'd mentioned in my last post, I would still like to find that outside inspiration again.

Now, on a selfish note, @equuest, I really hope to see the finished version of that house you've been previewing!!

@Jude525 Absolutely yes! I don't think it's possible on this forum for you to moderate a thread I started, or change my posts, but if you need something done just tag me and tell me what. If activity merits we could certainly reinstate the prizes. We have already had a volunteer to sponsor for 1000 sp if we should have a good month. And I too would sure love to see the finished @equuest build. :)

So I'm removing the 'closed' so that simmers will see that this is still open, but will put an announcement on the first post that there are no monthly prizes anymore. How does that sound?
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Yes, @ZeeGee keep it open! If activity start again in fall, in would be great. And in the meantime, new people can be encouraged to read and maybe want to participate when they find the time!
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    Yes, @ZeeGee keep it open! If activity start again in fall, in would be great. And in the meantime, new people can be encouraged to read and maybe want to participate when they find the time!

Sounds like a plan. :)
    Thank you @ZeeGee. What I can do is act as an official ambassador and coordinator in you absence. I will alert you if we need a request added to the build request post on the first page. For now, perhaps we can consider the prizes suspended until the autumn? Since we do have a sponsor available? (I suspect I know whom.) And, if and when we offer another prize, we can automatically include any builds that happen between now and then.

Personally, I'm just finishing up a design on a 50s style single level ranch home with 3 beds that I plan to share. I don't know if it fits into any requests, but it is the first thing I've built in months, so am proud of it. It is also the first time that I am working from actual OL blueprints. I have it built on a large farm lot in my current game, but am going to recreate it on a smaller lot to reduce the price and make it more versatile. I am also going to challenge myself to build it with base game and store content only. We will see if I can manage that one!
    aka Jude

My Studio

Jude525 wrote: »
    Thank you @ZeeGee. What I can do is act as an official ambassador and coordinator in you absence.

@Jude525 That is perfect! I just don't have the time or energy right now to keep it enthusiastic in here! You'll be great at that. Yes you know who. :) Look forward to seeing your build and that is a great idea to add any posted creations to a future drawing. :)
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Oh goodness! Friends keep me busy for three days and my favourite thread gets closed and reopened! I'm glad people want to keep it alive since I should finally have time now (I know I've been shouting that for a while, but I do believe I can finally Sim tomorrow, I've been complaining to my partner this weekend that I couldn't Sim even if I had planned that was all I was going to do)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Oh goodness! Friends keep me busy for three days and my favourite thread gets closed and reopened! I'm glad people want to keep it alive since I should finally have time now (I know I've been shouting that for a while, but I do believe I can finally Sim tomorrow, I've been complaining to my partner this weekend that I couldn't Sim even if I had planned that was all I was going to do)

Glad you're back, @SjappielovePaul! Hope you find some time to sim now. :)
    I can't sign in on the forum on my laptop... the website redirects me to the 'register' page. Wonder if anyone else has the same problems.

Anyway I wanted to post some pictures, @ZeeGee, I used pretty much the same lay out as the house already had, I'll show some pictures if I get it to work. If you don't really like it I'll keep it to myself because I'm a little hesitant to share a remodelled version of an EA house without reason (I don't know why lol), if you do like it I'll finish up the details and share it :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    edited July 2018
    I am still signed in on another browser :)

@ZeeGee I need an opinion! I haven't changed the orangery-ish place on the back of the house and the attic, did you want that changed? Other than that I've got some pictures for you down here, some rooms were only recoloured, others were in the same layout with other furniture. I think only the kitchen changed rigorously, but then I changed it back xD

Downstairs;
    The Living
    kd3wRsC.jpg

The Dining
    JHz9apk.jpg

The Kitchen
    Sd2zmkT.jpg

The hallway
    ihDhCXw.jpg

The Bathroom
    eG16Zlb.jpg

Upstairs;
    Master Bedroom
    dTOGzDg.jpg
    NKG1LFY.jpg

Master Bathroom
    urFsQS3.jpg

The Landing and a view on the small Study
    GQ0IrXM.jpg

Chris' Bedroom (poor fellar barely had anything)
    VYKDhcb.jpg
    Phs1jRi.jpg

Guest Bedroom
    NNaAarv.jpg

Second Bathroom
    r82WPX2.jpg

Lemme know!! :smiley:
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Onigosh I love it!! @SjappielovePaul At work, more later
    @SjappielovePaul I love how bright that is! Large gothics can be so brooding.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I just saw ZeeGee also wants a piano, so it still needs work :) it's moments like these that I really miss the Saloon piano from Sims 2... I think I will download a CC Saloon piano... can't use it for sharing, but it feels wrong that I can't use the same piano for the goths as the one I use in Sims 2.
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member

2) Houses/Luxury Mansions
    ---> House from Netflix’s Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City
    ---> Mansions (64x64)
    ---> Late-Night apartments
    ---> Houseboats
    ---> Legacy Houses (64x64 lot)
    ---> Starter Homes (20x30, 30x30, 40x30 etc)

EPs: All
    SPs: All except for Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: Riverview, Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, Roaring Heights, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Lunar Lakes, Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: Everything. I own the store.
    Special Requests/Instructions: I really like modern houses- I would be happy to have anything between a 20x30 starter to a 64x64 mansion

Creator’s Username: missroxor

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=missroxor

Item Title:
    Trend Setter Studio Apartments

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item : @creativity_rulez Item no 2 (Late night apartment).

Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9232195

Description: Who says you can't have a modern, high tech, luxury, pet friendly apartment on a modest budget? You can have it all! (...as long as you don't mind small spaces and sharing those luxuries with all of your neighbours!). Built for up to two adult sims with the potential to house one pet. Not kid-friendly.

Details: The apartment itself is fitted out for one to two adult sims and contains a bookshelf, hackey sack, ipod, tv and guitar. Other skill items can be found in the communal areas including a bar, pool, telescope and harvestable area (not currently planted).

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

Do you have CC in your game folder?
    Yes but only package files, not sims3pack.

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:

acv6rl.jpg
    Exterior

Plan Views
    5n66mo.jpgTop Floor (Gym/Sauna/BBQ/Hot Tub and Pet washing station and garden rugs)
    118n2og.jpgLiving Floor includes apartment and shared laundry room.
    2wp1dfn.jpgGround Floor includes Pool, Bar and Intercom system.
    There's one more floor but it's just empty rooms, nothing of note.

Communal Areas
    25s39ys.jpg
    2nlftw5.jpgRoof Top
    33ne2wg.jpgPool Area

Apartment Views
    10pu79g.jpg
    20k7tr6.jpg
    15gcdgo.jpg

Other info/views
    This apartment was made for this spot specifically in Aurora Skies. As is the style in AS, I left a large area empty in front of the building to marry up with the world terrain paint. You can plonk it down in any other town, it just means you'll have an extra bit of land on your lot to mess about with :)

vwx62p.jpg

This has never happened to me before but my tester sim got squished by the bed! :open_mouth: Just thought I'd share :lol:
    2e0o7id.jpg

You do not need to set the lot type to apartment to use this. NPCs should show up after your sim has moved in.
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    @ZeeGee Sorry for not uploading a version of the Goth house. I love Gothic and Victorian styles but I didn't realise how much I'd struggle to stick to modern Gothic (which I think is more what you were after in your interior styling). I kept finding myself automatically decorating in dark, fussy, overly patterned Victorian Gothic and I just struggled to keep it toned down so I gave up :( Sorry.

Also, I see that the competition element is over but I'll still probably be uploading here every now and then just for fun, this little thread has grown on me :wink:
    @missroxor That's okay, I found what I needed. Would have liked to see what you did but nevermind! I've added your entry to the front page. Thanks for continuing to support this thread!

And your apartment building is amazing. I don't generally play apartments but that's really cool. Might have to give it a go. :)
    Hey @ZeeGee, you need the attic and orangery redone as well? :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @SjappielovePaul If you want to! If you don’t then don’t bother
    @missroxor, I love that you've included a Pet Hygienator. What a great work-around for the lack of a bathtub in the apartment's bathroom. I like the design overall and also think you've made great use of that big round planter/sculpture thingy too. I never know what to do with it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Okay, so summer is coming to a close. For some, that means a return to school. For others, just a shift in routine.

It has been months since we have had much activity here, and when @ZeeGee mentioned shutting the "contest" down, I asked to take over. I have been a bit remiss this summer in stoking the fire, but am going to try and change that. Maybe everyone's creative juices are ready to flow again, like the sap in the maple trees.

We have had an offer of a possible prize, so I want to know if people are interested in participating. Anyone who has made a submission since the last prize (way back in April!) would automatically be entered.

But it does bring up a final thought.. the wish lists. I'm pretty sure the lists we have were pretty much fulfilled. If we were going to do this again I think we could really do with some fresh inspiration. So, besides those who would want to build, does anyone have any requests? For now you can just give me a casual reply. If we go forward, then we can make the request list formal.

I look forward to hearing from you all.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top