Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orgins offline eating the same memory as online. Store Things missing also.

Besides verify way too many times.. I am reporting that Origins lies about being offline and hogs resources in offline mode..Also my store things for Sims 3 randomly go missing every time I go into game. Spying much EA? Would like to know how to fix this little (rolls eyes) issue EA.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Maybe things have changed since I abandoned Origin for Steam a year ago, but I don't recall Origin using much of anything in the way of resources once TS3 was up and running back then. It usually sat in its corner, minding its own business. But I do remember offline mode not being honored if the computer had a live Internet connection and it never was reliable or stable as a means to startup the game which is why I like so many others sent it packing. Not really a solution, but out of curiosity I would suggest trying offline mode with no Internet connection active at all to see if that works out any better.

I expect you know this already, but afraid you aren't likely to get a response from EA this way. We're your fellow players here, plus of course the EA staff moderators.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Maybe things have changed since I abandoned Origin for Steam a year ago, but I don't recall Origin using much of anything in the way of resources once TS3 was up and running back then. It usually sat in its corner, minding its own business. But I do remember offline mode not being honored if the computer had a live Internet connection and it never was reliable or stable as a means to startup the game which is why I like so many others sent it packing. Not really a solution, but out of curiosity I would suggest trying offline mode with no Internet connection active at all to see if that works out any better.

I expect you know this already, but afraid you aren't likely to get a response from EA this way. We're your fellow players here, plus of course the EA staff moderators.

Ello you.. Been awhile.

I was astounded at how much resources origins was using when I fired it up today. There was no difference offline than online, guess I get a bit irked that they are spying and not forthcoming with the truth about their offline mode. Unfortunately, I stupidly updated Sims 3 were I need origins and it is the only reason origins in still staining my computer today.. Wish I could just erase it for good.. Also I bought most of the store and noticed most of my store items are missing.. So I am doubly annoyed with EA today.. Old age tempers seem to grow quicker...

I use my internet every day.. so, there is my problem ..

Thank you kindly for your suggestion, and it is good to see you here again. Have a great weekend..
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I didn't mean to kill the Internet connection at the modem/router level, sorry should have been more clear. I meant set up offline mode and then kill the connection on the computer used for playing (assumption being you have another computer or device on which you can stay connected while playing) and only temporarily to see what happens, not as a real solution.

Origin updates come out very frequently though and it's often reported that a "bad" one that does unwanted things is followed by a "better" one that fixes it again. They don't give us all that many tools to work with, but running a Repair Game on TS3 or uninstalling Origin (only) and reinstalling it, not your games just the Origin client program, will also often help with such unwanted behavior.

Hope your game's performance improves and likewise on the great weekend. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net