Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @Kevin: Um, yeah. :D This is them relaxed- but still recovering from the vampire attack... I know it's a bit racy, sorry, I know I usually summarize these bits rather than show them... Zelda's less a prude than her writer is! ;) But you get to see them goofing off a bit... and Zelda's trying really hard...even though Rafael's under a love spell, and she doesn't have to try, she's trying! ;)

No no no! Racy is *good!* :):):) Please continue, LOL. That was supposed to be a compliment.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    @KevinL5275 *waves back* Yeah, they sure did.

My nephew is graduating high school this week, that's why I'll be scarce.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

edited June 2018
    My nephew graduated high school and then I had jaw surgery. Great pix once again @Zabeth0

Got a big 'un for y'all... got my laptop back and since I had jaw surgery...

IhddJoi.jpg

Princess Alexandra returned from the spa and the snow came down as hard as ever.

wYadIde.jpg

One inescapable fact of life in the Vanderburg royal family is the presence of reporters around the palace, clamoring for any bit of news. Though it annoyed them, the denizens were accustomed to it by now, and occasionally made use of it to suit their own ends.

wNVThBR.jpg

On this day, Alexandra used this reporter, Kerri Sewell of the Sims Daily Chronicle, to update her readers on her pregnancy. "Other than my constant craving for macaroni and cheese, a food I never tolerated before," Alexandra revealed, "it's not going badly, actually."

HtoWQEp.jpg

After updating Kerri, pregnant Alexandra called for her horse, Jasmine.

hqvZ7Id.jpg

And put her away for the evening.

mT6NiE2.jpg

Early the next morning, Prince Andrew (AJ) ate breakfast with his brother-in-law, Prince Lucian, before going to work. Prince Lucian had to present a check on behalf of the Vanderburg Foundation to the Alpine Community School, while Andrew went to perform royal military duties in Hidden Springs.

WwFWx5X.jpg

A few years earlier, the generous gifts of the Vanderburg foundation had enabled the complete modernization of the Alpine School.

OhUNiYf.jpg

Later that evening, Princess Alexandra went into labor. This was her husband's reaction, and it took him a long time to get to the hospital. He was always a notoriously slow reactor, even as a child.

b0YTETm.jpg

Crowds gathered outside Rudolph Vanderburg Memorial Hospital to see what Princess Alexandra would deliver on this frigid, snowy Wednesday evening. The princess, through her military training, was a trooper, uttering nary a peep as she breezed through her first delivery.

i91nC73.jpg

AJ, as usual, nearly missed most of the fun. "Princess Alexandra's room, please," he asked the clerk at the front desk.
    "Who are you, I might ask?"
    "I'm Prince Andrew!" he exclaimed.
    The clerk examined him. "You're not Prince Andrew."
    AJ, though, was having a time attempting to convince her. "Yes, I'm Prince Andrew, I'm Princess Alexandra's husband! I need to be there!" He took a deep breath and realized that for the first time, he was introducing himself as Prince Andrew. Although, as he looked himself over, he wasn't looking very much like a prince. This prince thing, he still had to get used to. This father thing, he really had to get used to, and quick.

cSJwlxN.jpg

Just then, Princess Alexandra emerged with the couple's son, as if nothing had happened at all.

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Hey guys!
    Do any of you have a decent ligthing mod?
    I use: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=367164
    But this one causes my game to not have any clouds in the sky.
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @Kevin: Oh, sorry. :D I've been a bit conflicted about doing this part, so I was probably overly sensitive to it. ;)

@Venus: Yay! :D Congratulations on your nephew's graduation. :D I hope your jaw surgery helped! :D Well, I'm sure there must be sometimes that Alexandra is happy to have them around- it's like doing a blog without having to type it or do the work to get the pictures uploaded lol. ;) Mac and Cheese cravings! Oh boy! ;) (Imagines the royal cooks rushing back and forth with all sorts of delicacies and then her asking them for Mac and Cheese!) (Royal Chef: "Please, please don't make me make it from a box, please at least let me make it from scratch!" Alexandra: "Oh, all right. But it had better be cheesy!" Chef: "I wouldn't dream of skimping on the cheese, my princess! But real cheese! If you're not going to use real cheese, just send me to the dungeons! I'll just die of my shame!") Lol @ AJ! :D What a time to have to argue over his identity, he probably forgot his badges and things with his urgency...meanwhile Alexandra, doing the heavy labor is all like 'hey, I got this!' ;) Aw, so they got a prince right off the bat... sweet, what's their little guys' name? (For a moment when I read the 'first delivery' part I thought there might be twins or triplets! ;) But one is enough, goodness knows it's an adjustment and they probably don't need to be in super emergency mode! :D ) So, I'm sure with the royal baby bit they couldn't name him anything too fun... but I'm curious. ;)

@Springfairy: Sorry, I don't know even know how to ad a lighting mod, but I'm sure some people have an idea...they're probably just being distracted by summer things. ;) Though I think not having clouds would be really weird, so I can totally understand looking for another option. ;)
    @Zabeth0 Yep, mac and cheese cravings. It showed up in game and I had to write it in. And AJ, that guy is a nervous wreck. He didn't get it from Andy, you know hes a cool cucumber. So it had to come from Savannah. And who does he marry? A cool cucumber. I haven't decided on a name yet, but I am thinking of something maybe to honor Alexandra's late father or something of that nature.

2qvcay8.jpg

Rafael: He intended to surprise her back, if that was even possible, though he'd planned it before she'd surprised him, he'd texted with Mr. Reyes to make the arrangements ahead of time...he wasn't sure if this would work with her having 'magic sense'- but people with a sense of good hearing or even sharp eyesight could be fooled by misdirection. "Zyelda...therre is somethink I should yask you..."

4qg0f9.jpg

Zelda: "Why you are you taking so long to get on the bed? Are you stalling again? Am I going to be trapped in this thing forever?"

Rafael: Her impatience was adorable...he usually hated Simerican impatience; he couldn't count the number of jobs that had gone wrong because a Simerican couldn't wait a few extra minutes to just do the job right... but as a witch, she really wasn't used to being kept waiting. He felt sorry for her having to wait for his surprise! He really hoped she liked it.

sl0bv4.jpg

Rafael: "Do you lyike rrosyes? I vas told tvelf verre the rright vay to exprress lof in Simyerrica?"

Zelda: She gasped. "Wow, Rafael you did a magic trick with no magic! I thought the flowers were back there?!"

Rafael: "They verre but then I distrractyed you. Ve call yit, 'slight of hand' in my trrade, Zyelda. So, this is rright, then?"

18nbz5.jpg

Zelda: "So right. They smell wonderful! I never thought I'd have someone to give me roses!"

Rafael: "Vell, you do! And if you tyell me vhat you like, I vill gif it to you, Zyelda!"

Zelda: "I like roses! But I like you better! You'd better man the bed, Twinkle Toes!"
    15dnqt4.jpg

Rafael: Woohooium, Zelda had said, was a magical metal that intensified feelings of intimacy, but would light up with 'mood lighting' when two people were on the bed considering woohooing, and all the way through the act until they were feeling the bliss. Though she said 'in love' was as intimate as one could get, so it was primarily just a fun magical effect, with no more influence on them than the flowers smelling good or the bed sheets being comfortable.

2n6fd07.jpg

Rafael: "Shall I hyoist the jolly rogyerr and prreparre a boarrdink parrty, Captain?"

1zl4x9i.jpg

Zelda: She giggled and leaned in for a kiss. "Get to it, you scallywag!"

Rafael: "Right avay, Captain!"

10xatjl.jpg

2mdezvt.jpg

Rafael: "Are you surre the metyals didyint make this morre fun for you?"

Zelda: "I didn't know I loved you last time. Besides," She teased, "You're so much more piraty now."

Rafael: He laughed, pleasantly exhausted. "Yaarrgk."

Zelda: "See? First Mate material, definitely."

fnh9w.jpg

Rafael: "Vhy do you lyike pirrates so much? Is yit because this seems exotyic to you as a vitch?"

Zelda: "I used to play pirates as a kid with Deedee, she didn't really like it but she played because I did... but I think I like it so much because pirates couldn't be kept in cages. They always escaped. I hadn't really thought about it...but that's probably why."

Rafael: "I vill keep you out of cagyes, Zyelda."

Zelda: "You're the human. I'll protect you. I've got magic enough...but I'll learn more magic, I promise. They don't get to do that to you ever again. And remember, they didn't even get away with it for a day."
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    Don't want to cross-post in a second story thread, but...Haruo became a Grandfather. OMG... He's shell-shocked.

Screenshot-51.jpg

FamilyTree_Mainline.jpg

He also decided to put the "fear of God" into his daughter's boyfriend.

Screenshot-97.jpg

And the Watcher went nuts building yet ANOTHER house.

Screenshot-48.jpg

Happy Days are here again. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Springfairy556 ddefinders mod is base in many lighting mods - add Nilxis realistic clouds and you should be fine!
    NymlADp.jpg
    @Nikkei Simmer: Lol @ the look on Haruo's face! :D It's all like 'how did this happen?' and 'I don't even have gray hair!' and 'they were just this young themselves!' They have quite the audience there lol. ;) Haruo, bored grandson and a school of fish lol. ;) I can't tell very well from the overhead view, but that house looks spacious and fun as far as I can tell, fountains, Cow pen, four chicken coups, basketball courts, horse shoe court, lots of space in the garage (Looks like the garage is almost bigger than the house, but I might be mistaking what's going on there maybe it's a workshop or art place or something. :D (I love me a good art studio but I'm pretty sure the most common assumptions when someone sees a large space like that is garage and not art studio...though it could easily be both...) :D It looks lovely from what I can tell at this distance, and I'm figuring from the size of the double bed in relation to the rooms, that it's very spacious. :D

@Jillbg: Hey! :D I was hoping you'd help this person with their lighting mod situation! I figured you'd know! :D Thanks :D Also I hope you're having a great summer! :D
    @Zabeth0 Work's been more than hectic these last months, I've had some really difficult classes and it's been taking a toll aka working and sleeping! :s Finals coming up next week for both my kids, plus my students, but after that it's summer break! :) Finally going to catch up on reading and stuff...
    NymlADp.jpg
    286yeio.jpg

Zelda: "So maybe let's relax a few more minutes before we check out the balcony he was talking about and see about jumping in the pools we saw and stuff. Bet Deedee wishes she was here! I'm so not missing that snow! Though the snowball fight with you was worth it, Twinkle toes."

Rafael: "I qvuite enjoyed ourr snowball fyight, but I vill be interryested in you enjoyink the varrmyerr veathyerr vith me evyen morre."

2mdfqeg.jpg

Rafael: "Is that a nakyed man? Vhat did he think vould happyen?"

213mb02.jpg

Zelda: "Um, he's got no shirt on. Evidently he thought he'd be all macho or something, and not like, a shivering whiner on national television. He's got dark pants though- how do you not see them? Oh, wait, glasses... I meant to ask you about the glasses thing, so, you can see all the way to the tv but can't see him clearly enough to tell it's just no shirt? I thought people still saw colors though?"

b4j6vd.jpg

Rafael: "Ahhh... this is strrangche for you, vith yourr perrfyect vision but maybe if you think of thinks beink out of focus in yourr camyerra you vill undyerrstand bettyerr...this is prrobably how yit vill make syense to you... I yam a littyel nearr-sightyed, so my vision is good close to me, but starrts blurrink and gets vorrse farrthyerr avay... I can't evyen tyell how many therre arre on the tv, but I hearr him shivyerrink and I syee motion behind the femyale reporrtyerr vho I am assumink is the larrgyest blue shyape... I can hearr herr rreadink the storry. If ve vere vatchink movie or playink game, I vould put my glassyes on to see yit. But I can see you clearrly, vith yourr starr frrekyeld beauty and all so, I see evyerrythink imporrtyant rryight now.."

Zelda: Once he mentioned things being out of focus it made a lot more sense and she followed the explanation all the way to the end. Then she scoffed. "Star freckled? Wow, that love spell must really mess with your brain if you even love my freckles, Twinkle Toes."

Rafael: He was relaxed and warm and wanting to share, maybe a little playful, looking forward to exploring with her and playing in the pool- he wondered what her bathingsuit would be like... though he expected to be too busy to just stare at her, she would likely be in the water the moment she could. He didn't really think Zelda had the patience to sun bathe. "Zyelda, beforre you evyen cast yit on me, the firrst tyime I saw you, I vas rreally irrritatyed at how rrude you verre and I styill thought yourr freckles verre beautyiful, so you cannot blame that assyessmyent on lof evyen, much lyess the spell affectyink my myind. You'rre just stunnink. Remember, Zelda, vhen I call you Krasavitsa, it means beautiful- you haf all thyese lof names forr me, I vill gif you some too!"

dn2el4.jpg

Zelda: "My nick names for you at least relate to real stuff between us. You're so reaching there, Twinkle Toes. No one likes freckles! They are like dark acne that never goes away! I hate them!"

Rafael: He'd obviously hit a sore spot, and it was so odd that this was a sore spot since her freckles were so pretty. Though he supposed that Simericans must not value space travel as much... so perhaps she couldn't see what was so obvious to him. "Vhat? Vhy? I lof yourr frreckles! They arre not lyike acne at all! They arre lyike a galyaxy that I can rreach out and touch vith my fingyerrs!"

Zelda: "Well, you're just weird then, but I like my weird, smoking hot human anyway. You can touch me, and I won't burn you, and you knew that already but anyone else who tries it gets toasted, so there. But you should really figure out a better pet name for me, because that sounds weak! Beauty is not really my thing. I only did the outfit thing for you because you know...it's our honeymoon."

b4j6vd.jpg

Rafael: He couldn't help but be amused...clearly she wanted a more specific love name: it mattered to her, and he wanted to give her what she wanted. "Vell, I'll call you Solnishko, then. The sun is fiery and beautiful both, so then this fits you."

Zelda: "The sun? Who uses that as a pet name? You sure you aren't just calling me something silly in Russian because I don't know what you're saying? Because I only speak simlish and I can't tell if you're calling me Chickenpox or something?"

Rafael: He laughed- she sure had some funny ideas about what someone who loved her might do! There were things he could call her that related well to things between them, but he didn't want to use them to remind her of the experiences! He was, for example avoiding all of the food and taste related names on purpose. "No, Zelda, evyen yourr langvuage calls the sun 'sol' vhen it nyeeds to name yit by name aftyerr the latyin sol...that's vhy you call yit the solarr systyem, so you should see the simyilarrity in the vorrds. But thyese arre rreal pyet names, lyike you hearr Simyericans callink each othyerr babies and kitties and dearrs and lof muffyins and such. Ve also haf vones like those, you are not the only vones vho use cute names forr affyection, it's just that ve haf some diffyerent vones too, not just babies and sugarrs and such. But you haf some strangche vones to me too, I do not undyerstand vhy vone vould let someone call them a pumpkyin...gourds are not really...sveet or cute or pretty... I do not undyerstand vhat is beink the affection therre."

Zelda: "Okay, sure, call me whatever you want, First mate. The names I use for you aren't exactly common either."

Rafael: "Solnishko." He reached out and traced her freckles. "You arre the brrightnyess in my lyife."

Zelda: "Aw. I guess I'll stop hating my freckles so much if they are enough to lure you in, Twinkle Toes. Let's go exploring that balcony!"

2h55lqb.jpg

Rafael: The balcony wrapped around... He was pleasantly surprised to see a telescope on one corner, and an empty easel on another, and it kept going.

t9axqo.jpg

Rafael: He tried not to let the easel distract him, he came here for Zelda, not to paint...though he was pretty sure this would be a great place to catch the light, though he wasn't really as fond of depicting subjects that could be easily identified... perhaps a good place for a color study or something a bit more relaxed. But he needed to keep his mind on what they could do here, the two of them. Zelda did not like to wait. "This vill be a nice place to catch the sunset or to show you stars vith the telescope, Solnishko."

Zelda: "Ohh, I wonder what's in this wicker thing? Oh, beach towels, beach toys, pool noodles, well, at least we know where those are!"

j0ib0x.jpg

Zelda: "Oh, look, you can see what's in the center of the house...oh, look, hibiscus bushes...seems like a lot of work to keep those going in the center of the house only to shade off all the windows to them, huh? Vampires are just weird."

1z3lzbb.jpg

Rafael: "Let's see vhat ve arre allowed to see..."

206zw92.jpg

Rafael: He did not expect Mr. Reyes to have a sliding glass door open to the balcony... he had expected something with curtains and maybe a glimpse in...but not wide open, it seemed ridiculously vulnerable. But perhaps that was the point; anyone who got to his balcony could get into his house, and he had taken no precautions to keep them out, as far as Rafael could tell. The door was even unlocked, he opened it incredulously and then he closed it again with a slight sigh. He was not working, this was not a burglary... The only thing keeping him out of this man's room was his own sense of not invading the man's privacy any more than they already were.

osfx2s.jpg

Rafael: It was a very neat, clean, business like room, full of family photos... they were just looking anyway, and they couldn't exactly be blamed for looking in when the man didn't even have curtains on the sliding glass door.

Zelda: "Wow, dude's boring. He gave us the good room!"

2zoztw8.jpg

Zelda: "Well, just one more part to explore, and see what's in those coolers and maybe send Deedee a pic text so she knows you didn't shrivel up in the sunlight and then we can go back down to the pools, Twinkle Toes!"
    20sek5k.jpg

Rafael: "So the balcony goes all the vay to the butlerr's hyose...vherre the kids arre vith the bulterr...so therre is some possyibility of runnink into this man's kids, this is vhy he has takyen the prrecaution of makink surre ve von't hurrt them ahead of time."

2e5th09.jpg

Rafael: "That glass door goes to the butler's house...so ve should probably not hank out ovyerr this close to yit lonk, orr the kyids vill be curious."

25zifjd.jpg

Zelda: "What's that wooden thing?"

Rafael: "It's a tyest dummy forr prracticink marrtial arrts. I vill show you latyerr."

9tilvp.jpg

Zelda: "Oh, look, we can play horse shoes later. I didn't think about that when he said he used to have horses!"

2lxdydc.jpg

Rafael: "Anythink unusual?"

Zelda: "Sodas and juices in ice water, you want any Mountain Run Off or Fruit punch?"

Rafael: "No, perhapse latyerr. I yam eagyer to svim vith you."

Zelda: "Yeah, let's get going on that!"

2eamb9k.jpg

Rafael: "Smile."

2mw9nc1.jpg

Zelda: "Oh no, I left my hair down!"

Rafael: "It vill show you arre havink good time, Zyelda. Shall I send it or do you really vant to go braid your hair and then take the picture again?"

Zelda: "Ok, you're right, it doesn't really matter! Deedee's seen me look worse!"

Rafael: "You are beautiful, Solnishko."
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    Work's been more than hectic these last months, I've had some really difficult classes and it's been taking a toll aka working and sleeping! :s Finals coming up next week for both my kids, plus my students, but after that it's summer break! :) Finally going to catch up on reading and stuff...

@jillbg
    Grey Witches and Taiga. Fixed that for you. :D

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    29pw409.jpg

Rafael: He wasn't really disappointed to see Zelda's one piece, it made sense that her primary concern in a bathing suit was that it was sleek and proclaimed her favorite team. The thing that baffled him, though, was that she'd stopped to braid her hair to swim. He assumed she must use magic to braid her hair that fast, but the purpose of the hair braiding didn't make sense... if they'd been going out, her dressing up would make sense- she'd even been worried about having her hair down for a picture...but... they weren't going anywhere or taking pictures even. "Vhy did you brraid yourr hairr beforre svimmink? Yits goink to get vet?"

w2j4mx.jpg

Zelda: "My hair is a pain. It tangles too badly loose in pool chemicals, it'll matte up into a rats nest and then I'll have to cut it off and burn it, or I can braid it and then wash it out. Those are my choices if I swim. So, I braided it. It's less work this way. I'll probably have to stop being lazy and cut it and burn it again sometime, but I figure I'll do that when there are little ones tugging on my hair, so I've left it long for now."

ne7up3.jpg

Rafael: "And you haf to burrn it because vitch magyic?" He'd remembered her telling him that witches could brew up a cure elixir to cure a witch, turning her (or him, since some witches were male) into a human (a human that would rapidly be killed for the power that couldn't be accessed as a human but that was tied up until their death none the less), but he assumed that was not the only way a witch was vulnerable to magic with her hair and plasma.

Zelda: "Yep. And that's just been the way it's been since I've been living with Deedee... you might notice witches usually have long hair; it's not because it's traditional...it's that way because it's a pain to cut your hair, burn it, and then ward your hair again, it's much easier to throw it in a bun or some braids or a hat or something until it gets so long you definitely have to do all that work. Deeedee's hair is so straight she can just put it in a headband and be fine. The ones with short hair are the ones that really care about their appearance or are in the habit of warding their hair and do it like someone checking a faucet every night before they sleep... or was it the stove? I never can remember what all humans have to worry about."

juie79.jpg

Rafael: "Humans worry about many things, faucets and stoves and pilot lights and locking doors and such. But you haf to varrd yourr hairr?"

Zelda: "Yes, but only once you cut it, cutting it breaks the warding...if you don't ward it again, it sheds everywhere like a humans...and then anyone can pick that hair up and use it. And not all the spells are like full control stuff, there is a lot of little irritating things witches...or werewolves, vampires or fairies can do with witches hair...and not everything that can be done would be targeting me specifically, but there is a lot of chaos I just don't want to deal with. And since there are Faerside cows over there, that means there are fairies around, and I don't want to deal with their idea of a good time being annoying me.... Hey, where'd your glasses go?"

Rafael: "I put them undyerr the chairr by the tovyels so I can find them vhen ve'rre done svimmink."

Zelda: "So, you can't see properly until you're done swimming?"

Rafael: "Vet glassyes aren't very good at helpink me see anyvay. If I put glassyes on in the vatyerr, they can fall off in the vatyerr and I vill likely nevyer find them. Glasses arre expyensif and take a lot of time to rreplace and in the myeantime, I vould not be able to see. It is less of a pain this vay." He said, seeing the parallel between her braiding her hair and him putting his glasses under a chair- which also kept anyone from stepping on them on accident.

d9pqa.jpg

Zelda: "I want a break from witches stuff! Let's play like humans? Come play with me, First mate, that's an order!"

vfwk8j.jpg

Rafael: "Aye, Aye, Captain! Syince yits an orrdyerr, I vill splash back!"

2enq2w5.jpg

Rafael: From turning into an apparently silver stunted vampire, nearly dying twice and then sleeping for two days, he still felt disconcerted by what his body wasn't doing fast enough- he definitely needed his body to recover so he could count on it when his life depended on it! This swim felt very good, but far more effort than it should be. He did want to learn about witches limitations and the rules of the world now that he knew magic was real...but he couldn't resist a playful Zelda! But he would learn the rules; it was like the saying went...one can even bend the alder tree if it's done gradually... Zelda would tell him without him having to badger her, even this seemingly unrelated question about her hair was a piece of the puzzle. It was hard for him to remember that human's limitations were as much of a puzzle to her as witches rules were to him... but there was so much to discover! "Vas that yenough, Captain orr shall I prreparre anothyerr volley?" He was excited, his heart was pounding and his breathing had sped up...and it felt new- like when he'd been young and excited. It had been a long time since he'd 'played like a human' with anyone! Other than the snow ball fight, of course.

Zelda: She laughed. "Uh, that'll do for now, First Mate, but should I need another splash I'll let you know! I can see you've got plenty more in you!"

Rafael: "I do!"

2yn4isp.jpg

Rafael: Zelda had gotten bored after a brief bit of wrestling, sort of a game of tag that got too close, and they ended up kissing, and laughing and wrestling and swallowing pool water- so now they were doing a breath holding contest under water.

1z2dgeo.jpg

Rafael: He knew he shouldn't be tired already, they'd hardly done anything! They had a great big exciting day ahead of them...he should definitely not be tired. He also knew his body wasn't quite up to what it should be. He just wasn't sure how badly off it was.

2s9dgzl.jpg

Rafael: So, he was, at the base of it, testing his body. He didn't know for sure if Zelda would win or if his body would come through for him, but this was a far safer test than he would have had if he'd had to go right back to work after the vampire experience.

mbu7er.jpg

Rafael: It was also more fun. He enjoyed the closeness of the water all around them, and their ankles touching. He liked the stillness of the wait. Though most humans couldn't hold their breath for long without the aid of oxygen, his enemy Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin was afraid of water, and that was the only weakness he knew about the man, so Rafael had struggled to learn to hold his breath for almost two minutes- in case he ever had to dive into a river and hide among boats again... but would his body do it now, after he'd been a vampire?

11mdxfq.jpg

Rafael: He was sure he had more patience than Zelda...would she get bored of the stillness and silence at the bottom of the pool and let him win out of sheer impatience? Surely the contest would be short enough that her impatience wouldn't ruin it.
    2rh9rfb.jpg

Rafael: In the end, his body was not up to par.

j9r3mp.jpg

Rafael: Whatever had happened by him becoming a vampire and being cured, had definitely weakened his lungs, and he couldn't even hold his breath a full minute... he would need to work on this, being out of breath would make him weak at everything else.

2emg0fd.jpg

Rafael: Zelda would probably tease him, but he hoped she didn't think he let her win on purpose.

1zydn4g.jpg

Zelda: She stayed down there for a little longer, but then her impatient prevailed.

wlf0wl.jpg

Zelda: "Oh, who's number one!" She crowed.
    Guys real life has been super, duper, crazy. We went on vacation the first week in July, and I brought back something extra, meaning a nasty illness. On top of that, my computer is back in the shop. Hinge issue this time, and I'm having to get a whole new case. Ugh. Which may partially explain my scarceness.
    @Zabeth0 Lovely vacation pix, they seem to be having a good time in Sunlit Tides. Zelda is definitely getting the fairly uptight Rafael to loosen up, and we're definitely seeing another side of him. The underwater contest looked fun! I'd like to join them in that pool, it's miserably hot. In our hotel we only got one day out of the pool lol.

@Nikkei_Simmer Lol at Haruo being surprised at becoming a grandfather. Sometimes life comes at you hard. ;)

2yvmgrk.jpg

Rafael: It was beautiful, and warm, with a cool ocean breeze and the regular whooshing sound of waves crashing in the distance. The air smelled of salt water, hibiscus, palm trees and hay, oddly enough the cows smelled like hibiscus...he had to wonder if that had something to do with fairies about? Was it a sort of magical localized air freshener affect, or were 'faerside cows' bred by fairy magic to smell like plants?

This felt like some kind of dream; he just couldn't believe how fast everything had changed. And for once...it had changed for the better! Even though his body had disappointed him, he certainly was enjoying today. He savored every moment.

2hezf3t.jpg

Rafael: He couldn't hear it from the higher pool, but when they came down the stairs, they could hear music drifting on the breeze...something with steel drums, probably island music.

Zelda: "So, we've been out here a while, maybe once around this little pool, huh? Just to the other side of this c shape and then out for a bit, cuz the sun...don't want to get fried on our first day, huh? We could go hang out on that little wooden island thing where the music's coming from."

34si4pz.jpg

Rafael: He took deliberate breaths and kept pushing himself just a little more than he was comfortable with... he would have time to get back into shape while they had a honeymoon, he didn't have to be a workaholic right now...he didn't want Zelda to feel ignored.

o6dxu1.jpg

Zelda: "You're being so quiet, you okay? Something wrong? Are you sore I beat you?"

Rafael: "No, I yam hafink fun, Zyelda. I vould not yexpect you to um, vhat do they say? To 'pull yourr punchyes' just because I yam still veak from the almost dyink situvation. I needyed to know that my body vasn't rready forr me to push yit... I yam verry happy I dyid not fyind that out on the job!"

260e6n4.jpg

Zelda: "Oh, right. I guess I haven't really given you much of a break, I guess I assumed your muscles would be begging for use from the sleeping thing."

Rafael: "Oh, they arre... Its just my lunks that syeem to haf gottyen lazy not hafink to brreath and now I vill nyeed to get them back into vorrking ordyerr. In the meantime, byeat me vith impunyity."

301eut2.jpg

Zelda: "Oh, no, I'm not going to do that. I want you to have fun too! So... Jellyfish shorts? I thought you'd go for somethink scary like sharks?"

Rafael: "Jellyfish are more deadly than sharks, Zyelda. And they vill survife the varmink of the oceans...in fact, they vill thrrife as the oceans varm. Not all of them are dangyerrous like not all spidyerrs are black vidows, but the vones that are dangyerrous are very dangyerrous... and this is vhat vill take ovyer the oceans vhen all the othyerr fish are kyilled off. So, it is a scary thing, Zelda."

Zelda: "Tell me the truth, is it because they were dark purple? I don't think I saw any sharks in dark purple..."

4u6grm.jpg

Rafael: "It vas because they arre the oceans assassyins. If you see a shark, you know it's a shark...but people don't alvays evyen see a jellyfish or if they do, they don't alvays know it is vone. If a person kills a sharrk, it's dead, they can eat it, evyen! But a poisyonous jellyfish has a chemical sting, it can evyen sting vhen it's dead, and vashed up on the beach...it's a fish out of vatyerr that can styill kyill. I'd put them in the tank for Konstantin Petrovich but that vould be ovyerr too fast. He should at least know vhat's happenink. Sharks vill gif him time to know vhat's happenink. But I still respect the dangyerrous sea crreaturre. If this only came in powdyerr pink, I styill vould be vearink it. I vas happy to find it in my favoryite color."

Zelda: "You know, it's constantly amazing to find how much thought you put into every little thing, Rafael."

Rafael: "What, you didyint choose yourr svim suit vith this much thought? You found vone vith your favyorite team logo on yit?"

Zelda: "No, I saw it, I liked it, I bought it. Then I brought it to the tropics because I knew there would be swimming."

edited July 2018
    @Venus: Aw... I was hoping you guys were scarce because you were all having fun in the summer! (With, you know, vacations and barbecues and stuff like that). I'm sorry you're sick and with computer problems too... :( I hope you get better soon! (Also I hope your computer update helps, if there is any time you really need your computer it's when you're stuck indoors!) Yeah, it's been in the nineties and hundreds up here in Kansas too... :D
    Finally an update on The Grey Witches Blog! We’ll get to know – at last –what happened after Granny escaped with the cure from Groenland…

Part II - Chapter 42

tgw02-42-05.jpg
    tgw02-42-09.jpg
    tgw02-42-32.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
    @Jillbg: Firstly, I'm totally thrilled you updated the story! :D I'm totally out of practice on commenting, so hopefully it's not bad. ;)

Good to see Granny's got a plan, but the weather is just too terrible! At least she made it close enough to land to swim, but that had to be horrible! Probably best no one saw her broom and people can maybe think she washed up from a boating accident or something. :D Poor Granny! Lol@ Sprinkler- putting Rowan in the position of having to explain to his sister that he cut off her hair - for her own good, really. ;) Well, I can understand why it's a bad idea to bring an unconscious Taiga into the room with the cowplant! It's good he didn't tell Rowan that those six rats were...a person...before his magic changed that, and therefore Rowan was feeding the cowplant a spell changed person after all. O.O Ah, the fairy! :D Hopefully nothing goes terribly wrong with that... :D Lol @ the CPR dilemma- poor Carli doesn't know if there is any way to do this without mouth to mouth... but I guess the chest compressions worked... what a sight to wake up to. (Granny: "Well, this dream is too weird, I'm going back for a more sensible dream!" ;) ) Lol @ "She's strange and she doesn't like our kind, though." Well, it's an emergency, hopefully she can make an exception and not assume it's some kind of trick. ;) Wow, it's a good thing the nun seems to have medical training and supplies! :D Though living as a recluse after having had medical training, she'd probably foresee the possibility of needing to use that medical training out there...so at least it's very helpful now. :D Skipping straight to Dina? That's an interesting story choice to skip right to... I wonder if she's got a study plan or if she's just reading her favorite parts to her guest. ;) (Sister Mary Madeleine: "And this was back before revenge was limited to an eye for an eye...") Glad to see Carli is checking on Granny... I think being travelers themselves they might understand how vulnerable people can be while traveling... Lol @ "I don't know the old songs she probably likes best anyway." Well, even people who like old songs might not all have the same taste in old songs... as there is quite a variation in old songs. ;) (Imagines Carli singing "Don't Fear the Reaper" and saying something like "What? It's the oldest song I know!")

Wonderful, so Granny is among friends! :D And at least her friend is willing to look into helping her, and being a magic user, maybe she'll have something to help her recover faster. :D Oh, a rare special event! That's an interesting family, and I'm glad that helping Granny lets the circus folks witness the magic. :D Lol @ Tatiana's fascination with vampires, the cat's out of the bag now! ;) I love that the Crystal ball is precariously perched on crates, and I love the way you've got them all posed like that, the adults are each doing their own thing in the presence of the magical event, the kids are so adorable, and you can even see the dog watching in case Granny wakes up to pet him. ;)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Update: Well my gaming desktop refuses to update to the latest windows 10 security updates so I haven't been able to play the sims lately. So I just bought the Sims 4, vampires, and get to work for ps4.
    --

Accalia started her first day as a detective today. She was feeling excited to get to work. She couldn't wait to see what she had in store.
    ExQLKm0.jpg
    For some reason however, it said to travel to the crime scene despite being at the crime scene, so she couldn't really do anything. When she got home, she decided to make chips.
    K2LZ9Ev.jpg
    After that she passed out on the couch, totally exhausted.
    OzOPEuE.jpg

6JSxk49.png?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top