Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have your pets been extra needy since Seasons?

The dogs have always been needy in the game, but since seasons happens, my sims can't get through a meal without petting the dog five times. Need to go to the toilet, little sim? Don't forget to pet the dog right after!

Is this happening to anyone else?

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

Comments

• Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Yeah. My sims have one dog and she keeps spamming up their que every once in a while. I didn't notice this happening before seasons.
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Vulori wrote: »
    Yeah. My sims have one dog and she keeps spamming up their que every once in a while. I didn't notice this happening before seasons.

Sometimes when the dog wants pets, it fills up the entire left side of my screen with actions for petting the dog.

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Yep also happening for me. It was so crazy I ended up giving the dog up for adoption. My sims couldnt do anything without my whole left side of the screen being filled with pet the dog
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven't heard back from anyone yet as to whether or not this cheat helps with this problem, but seems worth a try.

From Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog:

This cheat removes all moodlets the animal currently has.

Warning! Don’t use this when your dog is pregnant.

Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
    Type testingcheats on
    Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name <FirstNamePet><LastNamePet>, to get the ID of the pet
    Write down the ID. It’s a long one.
    Type sims.remove_all_buffs <ID> (ID is the number you wrote down)
    Close the console with ctl-shift-c

Edited to add: wait a minute, didn't I recently read that the buff cheats (add or remove) have been taken away? Apologies, then; this won't work if the cheat's no longer available to us. Worth noting in the feedback thread about the cheat-nerf that players won't be able to get interim workarounds on bugs like this when they've removed the cheat.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I've seen that. I just kind of laugh every time it happens
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Tiarella This mod gives access to the cheat now: https://www.patreon.com/posts/19645059 (no payment needed)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Seen that in Urbansims let's pay doggo just filled up a bunch of queues,, which is crazy cause we can only have so many queue's lined up.

My dog has been a bi tmore needy but not to that extent yet. I kinda start thinking they're just...

'PET ME PET ME PET ME PET ME PET ME PET ME PET ME PET ME!!!!'
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I thought it was my dog's personality and not an actual bug, 'cause my other dog in the same household prefers to sit and watch me without any interaction. It's so cute.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @luthienrising: thank you! I've bookmarked that for future reference.
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    This has happened to me several times, too. :( I have to edit the household in manage households and remove the dog... It's like... non-stop attention decay.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes! They are so annoying recently! I gave up my one dog for adoption as well because of it. I hope there is a fix for it.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    kemisz wrote: »

Sometimes when the dog wants pets, it fills up the entire left side of my screen with actions for petting the dog.

I had the same thing with the cat.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I can't believe you guys instantly get rid of your pets once they 'become annoying.' I hope you don't do this with real pets. I would never abandon my SimDogs Buddy and Darnell due to bugs!!!
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    kemisz wrote: »

I had the same thing with the cat.

Same here....the cat had a long list of pet actions queued up.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Yes, and it's driving me up the plum wall!

They always seem to need attention when my sim is eating, specifically, when my sim's hunger bar is deep red and they've just taken the 1st bite of food. Sometimes it'll add about 20 interactions to my sim's action queue, and don't think that giving the pet attention right before having dinner will solve the problem; it doesn't.

Which guru should I tag? is it Nick? I'm not on twitter so I kinda need to tag them here.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited June 2018
    It happened when I adopted Mayor Whiskers. I quit and started a new game because it happened constantly.
    ETA. Tagging @SimGuruNick
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    I can't believe you guys instantly get rid of your pets once they 'become annoying.' I hope you don't do this with real pets. I would never abandon my SimDogs Buddy and Darnell due to bugs!!!

It's not that it got annoying. For me I couldn't do anything with out my sim filling his queue with pet dog interaction. I mean like off the top of the screen. Can't put anything else in the queue so I had to clear them, then they went right back. I have had a dog for 14 years. So please done assume I am a bad pet owner because I wanted to be able to play the game.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    So please done assume I am a bad pet owner because I wanted to be able to play the game.

I said I 'hope,' so you're actually the one assuming that I'm assuming.

I have the same issue but usually my Sims are busy doing something at the time, so the petting interactions drop from the queue pretty quick. Sims 4 Pets are the most 'pet-like' of all the pets in the series, so I would think that ppl would fall in love with their pets, so I find it rather odd that people are rather quick to get rid of them after all the time they spent with their pets.

Note that there -are- people IRL who send their pets off to the pound as soon as they start scratching the furniture or barking a lot. If people can't tolerate the actions of their pets, then IMO they shouldn't be owning any. This thread just reminded me of these people.
  • Options
    huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Same issue here. I believe they are looking into it :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yup, I've noticed this happening in my game, and thought it was just me. I've had my Sim's dog run away about 3 times in a very short span. Their panting is also very loud for some reason, too.

Hope they fix this soon. Might have to stick my Sim's dog with another household for some time. :grimace:
  • Options
    reallyjustanniereallyjustannie Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, every time my sim sits down to eat she gets right back up to pet the cat 3 times. Even when I cancelled the interaction it came right back up. I just thought she really loved the cat lol.
  • Options
    jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    I noticed that stray cats all seem to be meowing excessively, and when my sim had a baby the baby wasn't consolable, along with the parents needs deterioting faster than before. If you have the washer and dryer on the lot it is almost impossible to keep up with the dirty clothes. I also noticed things seemed to be breaking more than usual.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I'm not noticing any increase. With a full house I'm having to make an effort to not neglect the dog. :) I'm only on Day 5 of spring, my first season, so maybe it will show up as I progress through other seasons.
  • Options
    SimDork25SimDork25 Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’m so glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. I was beginning to feel bad for my pets! Lol. My sims are constantly stopping what they’re doing to pet their animals and it’s making it a challenge just to get through their daily routines, let alone the holidays! Plus, they have a toddler to take care of, too! Lol.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I didn't have the petting bug but I did go into a household with four cats and the newest cat, who was adopted as a stray, was suddenly non-stop violently ill, passing out, and loaded with fleas. My Sim happened to be a top level veterinarian so she brought the cat to the hospital to be treated. But when she brought the cat back home, it bugged again and started throwing up in a loop, even though the game registered the cat as not being sick. My Sim was just cleaning up after the cat and couldn't focus on anything else so I adopted out the cat. I couldn't even give her a wellness treat, it was grayed out.

So, yeah. Something in Seasons bugged the pets.
    #Team Occult