Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How am i supposed to invite all the people my kids know to their party

So kids cant plan events, so i had to let the mother do it, but she doesnt know all the kids her kids met at school. I want to invite like 10 kids they met at school, so they can start to be friends and play, but i see no way. Its kind or irritating me actually. Just give me the list of all the sims my whole household knows...

I can invite all the kids over to the home, but then they dont count as party guests. And i was planning a dress up party.

Is there a way?

Comments

• MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    If she knows some of them but just not all, you could have the kid form a club for the others with custom club outfits, and then start a club gathering at the party.
  • JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    Yes this is one of my main problems with the game. Same with like not being able to invite your in laws to your wedding...
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited June 2018
    This bothers me SO MUCH! It's also annoying for planning weddings when you want to invite people from both sides of the family, but the Sim planning the event doesn't know the people on the other side of the family.

The only way around this is to plan in advance by having everyone over the day before or so, make the mom friends with all the kids, and then she can invite them to the party the next day. (If you have Seasons you can also plan the birthday party a few days in advance to give yourself time to do this.) But I agree that the friends of the birthday Sim should be highlighted as such and be able to be invited.
  • jaymancrazjaymancraz Posts: 92 Member
    Can’t you just call and invite over?
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I've always thought that would be easy enough to fix, just have the list of guests be from all the hosts.

Relationship bars don't even matter for accepting invitations in TS4, so don't show them, have all acquaintances from every host in the guest pool. This way having several people hosting matters more than for a moodlet at the end.

Obviously the fact that the list is generated before the event window appears is an hindrance. But if they truly wanted to fix it, I think they could.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    It should just be the list of all sims in the household, simple as that. Since they have culling, it shouldnt matter that much that the list will be too long. For what else did we sacrifice our sims to the culling system then.. :p
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I usually make a club of a bunch of kids and then have them over so the parents can get to know them before throwing the party. It's a little annoying to have to do every time, but it works.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, this is annoying. Sadly, been a problem for a while now.

I use a slumber party event mod, and a side effect seems to be that it allows kids to plan their own parties--not just slumber parties but birthdays, cookouts, the whole thing. So that's been super helpful to me in regards to this annoyance. I don't have the link right now but I'll try to find it--the original isn't being updated but it's still being maintained by another modder, so if mods are a thing you're willing to do you might consider checking it out.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I kind of wish that in the case of certain parties like weddings or birthdays you’d be able to invite everyone that you and the other person you are throwing the party with/for knows.

I’m pretty sure when you invite you invite your kids classmates to a party you won’t know all of them personally *shrugs*
  • MYvonneMYvonne Posts: 23 Member
    Yup! For weddings, I think it makes sense to let the sims get to know both sides of the family first so I always plan a day for them to meet each other. But needing the parents to know every friend of their children is too much work and a bit unrealistic.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    This annoys me so much as well!! I end up having to phone them all up and invite them round.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    MYvonne wrote: »
    Yup! For weddings, I think it makes sense to let the sims get to know both sides of the family first so I always plan a day for them to meet each other. But needing the parents to know every friend of their children is too much work and a bit unrealistic.

I had like almost 20 kids over xD So yeah. I managed to let the mom say hi to them all, so next time i can invite them all for a bday party or a little camping/campfire in the garden thing im planning to organise.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2018
    I use a mod from Weerbesu which allows you to invite anyone in the game (including kids, toddlers and pets) to social events whether you know them or not. It can be found here: http://modthesims.info/d/558097 and seems to be working okay with the recent patches but I haven't used it much in awhile.

The main mod there is for Longer Parties and More Guests but I had to drop that one because it seemed like one of the updates broke it. If you click on the "Files" tab, you'll see the Invite Any Guests mod as an additional mod on the download page.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    the children get the option to bring class mates over after school. I always make sure the both parents have introduced themselves. and at weekends I get the children to invite others over, again parents meet some of the other kids or friends. but its a long process. it's a shame the kids cant organize the invites for their own parties.
  • Princess_r_j27Princess_r_j27 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @FurSimsOfficial said:
    > So kids cant plan events, so i had to let the mother do it, but she doesnt know all the kids her kids met at school. I want to invite like 10 kids they met at school, so they can start to be friends and play, but i see no way. Its kind or irritating me actually. Just give me the list of all the sims my whole household knows...
    >
    > I can invite all the kids over to the home, but then they dont count as party guests. And i was planning a dress up party.
    >
    > Is there a way?

I found this mod which allows you to invite over sims to events even if the sim doesn't know them, and also allows you to have up to 200 sims at an event.

Type up longer parties and more guests mod

This is a bit late :'( sorry :#
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    Yes this is one of my main problems with the game. Same with like not being able to invite your in laws to your wedding...

I make sure my couple meets each others' families to avoid leaving them out when it comes to the wedding. You could have the child invite their friends over one or two at a time and make sure the parents get acquainted with each one and then plan a party. This could, I imagine be done, also by having a Club Event, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/