Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @Merelhyn Thank you! And I hope that you're able to get some free time soon to play with Roaring Heights!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @equuest That is beautiful!
    @ZeeGee Thank you!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @equuest, if I were a cartoon character my jaw would have literally dropped to the floor. That room is stunning!!!! And, like so many builds, another thing I've never noticed: the curtains gathered into a ring behind the couches. How adorable! And the wood ceiling. I'm going to have to change my playing angle once in a while to make sure I appreciate the view.

I can't wait to see the rest. Truly.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    So, I started Roaring Heights today and I found that there is a three floors high llama statue. So I'm starting a mansion crazy enough that having two llama statues framing the entry door would seem a totally normal thing to do.

Yes, I have tons of other projects currently halfway done but LLAMAS!

I also have a question. When a wall is higher than a normal floor (with CFE), or when wallpapering a foundation, how to we make the pattern from the wallpaper start from the top of the wall instead of the bottom? I know it's possible, I have seen it done elsewhere, but I can't seem to find how? My wallpaper always keep the pattern starting at the bottom, not the top…
    @Merelhyn I do not know the answer to your question so hopefully someone else will. Sounds like a major undertaking but knowing you and your building skillz, you are up to the task!!
    edited June 2018
    @Merelhyn I'm afraid I can't help on the wall-covering question either. I've only recently started playing with friezes. My long term solution was going to be to learn to edit wall-coverings! LOL Still a long term goal, for SO many reasons, but I'd be interested in whatever you learn as well.

And I totally relate to the, "oh, I'm in the middle of a project, but, look, cookies!" Cookies being whatever neat, interesting, new item or building tool catches my eye. Case in point, the castle kit that I recently built a pet park with, just 'cuz.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Here's another sneak peek for @Jude525 :) This might be my favorite room in the house.
    cF0m8Ad.jpg
    @equuest Again, beautiful. Great use of the wave mural.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@equuest Thanks for the sneak peek! Love the bedroom. So peaceful. I want it for myself. :lol:
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Everybody, I must admit that this thread is something special. I'll "inspect" it a little bit more, in terms of reviewing the wishlists, and seeing if I can help with something again, after such a long time. :) And of course, all other aspects of this thread. :)
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hi all! In one and a half week my last test will be done (and I will be going to Queen + Adam Lambert, again :D ) so I'll finally have some time to Sim again! :D:D:D

Right now, life is treating me fine :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    @SjappielovePaul Good to hear you're okay and it'll be nice to have you back. Enjoy the concert!

I'm getting to the point where I REALLY need that Goth house makeover if you're interested!
    I might even get that done next Thursday or the weekend after :) so looking forward to simming again!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    That's awesome!

We have only a week and a half left for a two month period that you've had to build!!! Anyone entering? I sure hope so!!
    I… didn't have any two-hours block of free time in the last week? It makes simming kinda difficult. I'll maybe have three hours Thursday, maybe. At this point, I'll probably have to switch projects, there is no way that my version of the Goth makeover or my Art Deco mansion will be done in this timeframe.

I may be able to finish a version of Viktor Nikiforov's flat (from the anime Yuri!!! on Ice, which my sister basically asked me to recreate like all the locations for her sims). I guess it could work for @AlphaFen 1 (well, it's my sister's dream, but I guess it's still allowed? the flat is really kinda cool, because you have only a few seconds of it and it was enough for fans to identify the very real flat that was the inspiration).

Or I could maybe do an Art Deco starter, because I have many decoration ideas to try… But I'm not even sure I'll get this Thursday free time… June is crazy, even worse than May.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    That's awesome!

We have only a week and a half left for a two month period that you've had to build!!! Anyone entering? I sure hope so!!

Maybe it should be a seasonal thing? If I can't even finish one Sim related thing in a quarter of a year my life is sadder than I thought it was *facepalm*

No, but it's probably just an end of the schoolyear thing, many people have to round up things now. I know that's all it is for me!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @SjappielovePaul, You are going to school!!!!! Not being able to fit in a hobby, for now, isn't horrible, just disappointing. It will make your future jobs more effective, giving you more free time in your future. And, hopefully, the money to buy neat Sim stuff!

I never finished college, so I am very envious. (But I still understand your disappointment. *smile*)
    aka Jude

My Studio

@ninaumi Sorry I missed your post somehow! Welcome to the thread and chances of winning this period are looking pretty good!!

@Merelhyn Your sister's dream is definitely allowed. :)

@SjappielovePaul Well school will always come first. Having said that, if I'd discovered Sims 3 prior to school don't know if I would have gotten my degree. :open_mouth: Really.

@Jude525 It's never too late!!!!
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,062 Member
    edited June 2018
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @SjappielovePaul Good to hear you're okay and it'll be nice to have you back. Enjoy the concert!

I'm getting to the point where I REALLY need that Goth house makeover if you're interested!

@ZeeGee, Did you see this one at the D.N.A. Request Team site by OriginalSim? http://dnarequestteam.blogspot.com/2013/07/goth-manor-remodel.html
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited June 2018
    @ZeeGee I can't imagine life without Sims, I grew up with Sims 1 :) got it when I was seven I believe, and to be fair, I don't remember much before that time lol!

@Jude525 yeah I'm grateful to be able to do this, it's the fourth degree I'm trying for, the previous three were not for me and for one I got sick and they banned me, how social... but I might possibly be very afraid of failure now and work a little too hard, so it is sort of my fault that I don't have time for anything else, maybe *innocent face* it's difficult to change my attitude though, I guess I need to work on some confidence... back to the point; I know what you mean, and despite my ever ongoing nagging I am very grateful for this opportunity :)

Gosh I'm a rambler at times :#
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @rnramey Thank you! I've googled and googled goth mansion makeover and never found that!! Downloading now to check it out.

@SjappielovePaul It's important to find what you love cause you're gonna be doing it a lot for a whole lot of years! So what if you had to go through a few other choices to find what you really wanted. :)
    So... Sunday my sister was home and of course she asked where I was with her requests. It went something like this:

Me: I have made progress with the Denis Krasikov's flat (it's the one Viktor Nikiforov lives in in Yuri!!! on Ice).
    My sister: Great! When will it be finished?
    Me: ...
    My sister: What's the problem?
    Me: You see the lights in the bedroom?
    My sister: yes?
    Me: The most similar sims version are these ones. But I don't have them.
    My sister: ... They are 25 simpoints. You can buy them.
    Me: No, I can't, because it would be more expensive to buy them full price now instead of waiting for the set on the DD later. I have spreadsheets about this.
    My sister: ... Your autism is showing.
    Me: ...
    My sister: ... Ok, I won't argue with the spreadsheets. If you can't finish this flat, can you instead buy me a Far West family house? I'm doing an old version of Appaloosa Plains. But add laundry. I want laundry. And don't spend months on this, I want it like, this evening. So the first pattern is the right pattern, ok?

So, thanks to my sister, you don't have Nikiforov's flat, but I'll present to you a Far West house!
    edited June 2018
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: Merelhyn
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: my wishlist
    Item Title: A family home in the Far West
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item @AlphaFen
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: Exchange
    Description: A two-bedroom, one big room, one toilet, one bathroom, one laundry room, Far West family home, with barn with place for one horse, garden and nectar cave
    Details: look @AlphaFen laundry! Otherwise it's just a log house.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No
    Do you have CC in your game folder? (Do you have any CC at all in your Electronic Arts mods folder?) one mod to move mirrors up and down walls
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Merelhyn Did someone say laundry!? :hushed:

This home has a wagon load of character! It's nice to have something a bit themed to play with! <3 I can see Laura Ingalls helping Pa in the barn while John Wayne defends the homestead from some no good cow rustlers on the porch B) Maybe I'm confusing my Wild West stereotypes....... anyhoo I hope your sister enjoys this slice of Westworld as much as I do (but more so than the robots :* ).

P.S Is a Nectar Cave like the Bat Cave but with a juice bar? I think Batman would be less broody if his life had more tiny umbrellas in it :*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top