Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Post-Patch + Seasons Installation Crashes (due to uncompressed sim textures?).

Comments

• Options
    jc4me4eva91jc4me4eva91 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having a similar Seasons issue (4 issues to be exact).

1. I lost my entire Sims 4 world saved that I've played with for months. It isn't my computer because I just bought a new gaming laptop that I basically only play Sims 4 on and a few other light games. My family used to load normally and pretty fast too, but now it is giving me an error when I try to load my family. I started a new game save just to play but it doesn't feel the same because of all the work I put into my other save. also, this is the first my game has seemingly crashed playing Sims on this gaming laptop.

2. The calendar has a mind of its own. I tried to schedule a birthday party for my Sims actual birthday and when I complete the event planning, the party is scheduled for a totally different day, usually 10 days or so after the intended date.

3. My sims kid joined the scouts and a notification came up that said X sim has quit the school career. Whaaaaa??? So I quit the scout career hoping to get my kid back to the school career and turns out my sims kid rather plays on the laptop than to get his but up, on the phone, signing up for school. It simply won't let me sign back up for school.

4. Before I lost my first save, I tried to bring my pet to the vet clinic (she got sick on Harvestfest so I really wanted to get the treatment over with so I could enjoy my sims holiday). The cat kept running away and not coming to the veterinarian when it was our turn to be seen. The cat had a notification that she was cold but when I tried to pick her up, I couldn't.

helpppppppp EA????????????????
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @jc4me4eva91
    With the first issue, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a saves folder in One Drive . The game may be using that saves folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another saves folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

This AHQ EA thread refers to your second issue . You may like to post feedback there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working-for-long/m-p/6878063#M63966
  • Options
    jc4me4eva91jc4me4eva91 Posts: 9 New Member
    So after getting a few suggestions I should report that some of my issues have been fixed. @rosemow I don't use One Drive. I deleted all my mods. But although I have to start all over again, i'm starting to like my new family anyhow. Rebuilding my neighborhood will suck though.

For the second issue, @rosemow, thanks for the link. I think it had to do with my mods folder because I deleted all my mods and kept literally 10% of what I used to have (no script mods either). I planned an event and it worked instantly. Also my child can join scouts with no problem. I believe I had some career mod installed interfering with the scouting. But the events work very well.

I will use your suggestion though to check on my saving process. If I can get my old save back, then i'll post here and let you know the progress. If not, then I guess I better get used to my new family even more and you may not here from me in this thread again.
  • Options
    MelindaDeeMelindaDee Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey, folks.

Sorry if this isn't the right way to post this question, I think I'm not ranked high enough to create a new post of my own and couldn't find anything through a search. I downloaded Seasons earlier today and noticed right away that my plants are pink! My sim has an Avocado Tree and that one tree that has the emotion berries in her yard as well as a Rose bush and a Bird of Paradise plant. All of them are 100% pink - meaning the dirt, trunk, leaves, fruit and all. I traveled to other worlds and that's when I noticed that there are also some of a cream color. While scrolling along the edges, trees or plants that are along the edge typically are green and then when I bring them more centered into the window, they turn pink.

Any ideas on how I can correct this?

Thanks!
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Hey, folks.

Sorry if this isn't the right way to post this question, I think I'm not ranked high enough to create a new post of my own and couldn't find anything through a search. I downloaded Seasons earlier today and noticed right away that my plants are pink! My sim has an Avocado Tree and that one tree that has the emotion berries in her yard as well as a Rose bush and a Bird of Paradise plant. All of them are 100% pink - meaning the dirt, trunk, leaves, fruit and all. I traveled to other worlds and that's when I noticed that there are also some of a cream color. While scrolling along the edges, trees or plants that are along the edge typically are green and then when I bring them more centered into the window, they turn pink.

Thanks!

Might wanna check this thread out here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942310/i-have-bright-pink-trees-in-autumn They also mentioned pink trees.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    MelindaDee wrote: »
    Hey, folks.

Thanks!

Hello @MelindaDee
    Try testing by turning off laptop mode and seeing if the issue remains. You may not though be able to run the game very well without having laptop mode on,
  • Options
    MelindaDeeMelindaDee Posts: 8 New Member
    That was exactly it! Thank you for your help @rosemow and for pointing me in the direction of the thread @littlemissgogo!
  • Options
    danielachambers1danielachambers1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I wanted to know if anyone else has been having these issues....
    1. Scouts: The trophies you are getting from scouts are no where to be found, they aren't in my inventory or my household inventory...also when its completed nothing even happens. they just keep going to scout meetings...I have 1 sim that changes into a scout uniform though...and another into swim trunks and a t-shirt? I have no idea how to change their clothes for scouting. I tell him to get in uniform and he changes into that...
    2. Skating Rink, I have yet found where they spawn, I have tried going to parks and different lots and I still have yet to find one, I ended up downloading it and putting it into Newcrest with my restaurants, Still havn't used it yet, but I hope so soon.
    3. Not a Seasons Issue, but why cant my child who is now a young adult move out of the home? Why is it so hard? why did I have to create a sim...put them in the apartment I wanted for her...then edit household move her in and kick them out...Why is it so difficult? that really needs some work.
    4. I created an Easter like holiday where the kids hunt eggs. it worked great first spring, following spring comes around and i have a different child hunting for eggs and it says "you have already hunted here" or whatever...it doesn't reset each season...which makes it impossible if i have a new child in the family to experience it.
    5. I have seen this as a known issue, but i tried to schedule my sims birthday party which was the following day at around 1pm, only when I was done scheduling it, it started RIGHT THEN. at 3am the day before....I havn't had the issue of planning it and it getting pushed out a couple weeks like other fellow simmers have because i'm too scared to actually schedule an event now!
  • Options
    1. Scouts: The trophies you are getting from scouts are no where to be found, they aren't in my inventory or my household inventory...also when its completed nothing even happens. they just keep going to scout meetings...I have 1 sim that changes into a scout uniform though...and another into swim trunks and a t-shirt? I have no idea how to change their clothes for scouting. I tell him to get in uniform and he changes into that...
    2. Skating Rink, I have yet found where they spawn, I have tried going to parks and different lots and I still have yet to find one, I ended up downloading it and putting it into Newcrest with my restaurants, Still havn't used it yet, but I hope so soon.
    3. Not a Seasons Issue, but why cant my child who is now a young adult move out of the home? Why is it so hard? why did I have to create a sim...put them in the apartment I wanted for her...then edit household move her in and kick them out...Why is it so difficult? that really needs some work.
    4. I created an Easter like holiday where the kids hunt eggs. it worked great first spring, following spring comes around and i have a different child hunting for eggs and it says "you have already hunted here" or whatever...it doesn't reset each season...which makes it impossible if i have a new child in the family to experience it.
    5. I have seen this as a known issue, but i tried to schedule my sims birthday party which was the following day at around 1pm, only when I was done scheduling it, it started RIGHT THEN. at 3am the day before....I havn't had the issue of planning it and it getting pushed out a couple weeks like other fellow simmers have because i'm too scared to actually schedule an event now!

Hello @danielachambers1
    You can go into CAS and change the kids into their scout uniform if you have issues with using the scout board.
    In Willow Creek, the skating rink can appear in the community venues section or near Magnolia Blossom Park.
    This is a link to a guide to moving out Sims
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/moving-sims.php
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread about the events issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/J-OPEN-S-Planning-events-using-the-calender-not-working/td-p/6878063
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    There's an issue where when you save/exit while a sim is at work, then when loading back in, they come home immediately from work. I believe it was the new gardening career that had this issue.
  • Options
    pixelsandcrownspixelsandcrowns Posts: 2 New Member
    I am also getting the event issue where it won't schedule at the time I want and reappears randomly or at the immediate time.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

I made Easter too and added Hunt Eggs as a tradition. Are you telling me the eggs won’t reset for the next time the holiday comes around? What the plum!
  • Options
    There's an issue where when you save/exit while a sim is at work, then when loading back in, they come home immediately from work. I believe it was the new gardening career that had this issue.

This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Teens-Return-from-School-Early/m-p/6881963#M64350
  • Options
  • Options
    danielachambers1danielachambers1 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > danielachambers1 wrote: »
    >
    > I wanted to know if anyone else has been having these issues....
    > 4. I created an Easter like holiday where the kids hunt eggs. it worked great first spring, following spring comes around and i have a different child hunting for eggs and it says "you have already hunted here" or whatever...it doesn't reset each season...which makes it impossible if i have a new child in the family to experience it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I made Easter too and added Hunt Eggs as a tradition. Are you telling me the eggs won’t reset for the next time the holiday comes around? What the plum!

let me know if you are having the same issue next spring I want to know I am not alone!