Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reason to buy Seasons!

I get paid in three days and I am planning on potentially buying seasons. I need opinions and reasons on why I should buy it! What's your favorite part of the seasons pack? What's your least favorite? Convince me to buy it! ;)

Comments

• LiyonceLiyonce Posts: 7 New Member
    My favorite part about Seasons is definitely the holidays. I really love that you can make your own holidays and customize the traditions as well. I also love the new CAS items. The jackets and coats are so cute.

My least favorite aspect about Seasons would have to be the thermostat. I don't know how it works. I was very excited for it but honestly it is very annoying. So far, I've used it twice and it makes the bills skyrocket like it's nobody's business. My sims usually pay $10,000 in bills (they live on a huge lot) and I was fine with that but I used the thermostat to turn the AC on for like 2 days and my bills went to $40,000.

It's honestly worth it. At first I didn't see why everyone wanted this expansion out of others (personally I wanted University) but now I'm in love with it. Definitely one of my favorites. It's added so much dimension to the game.
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2018
    You should totally get Seasons! It really enhances your gameplay and I forgot what it was like before it. My favourite thing was the holidays and seasons. The holidays are so amazing, I love that you can make your own too. It gives a purpose to play The Sims and makes you want to complete all the traditions. I also love the random holidays like the movie premiere and the lottery as it's just something to do other than make them work and eat.

The new clothes are so adorable I'm dying, you can have so much fun with them too! Just like I made my sims twin:
    d0TJ4yl.png
    The level of customisation in the sims 4 seasons is incredible and worth it. I love the little things like choosing which umbrella they should use and choosing the decorations for each holiday to display on the house.

My least favourite part of it was that the update and the pack broke all my mods, so I'm currently mod free since you can't actually play the game with them still in there. I also don't like the fact that the toddler stuff pack clothing makes your sims invisible, I mean they really need to fix that.

I highly recommend you to purchase the Seasons pack, it is so worth it! I think you will definitely freak out when you see a bit of rain or snow, just like I did. It honestly, was the best £30 I have spent on a video game
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    Jump over the expansions pack section and the seasons screenshots. So many different shots of scenery and holidays. It’s definitely a pack worth getting. Feels as though time is actually passing by and can’t help but look out in to distance to see how the world looks. This pack definitely adds so much
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The biggest reason for me is the variability that weather brings to each day. It keeps things interesting.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Just having weather in the game was enough for me to buy it. Definitely not going to get it from any other expansion what this has offered up. More of a game changer and really changes the atmosphere of the over all game and it's not just eternal spring in the game. Adds an element to that things don't feel predictable when weather can effect just about everything. Objects, your sims, their pets, and whatever your Sim might be doing that day.

Holidays with your sims feel pretty fulfilling compared to before. Feels like you're bonding with your family and friends and makin' memories.

While playing I just like to look around at the rain in tab mode or the snow. Kinda almost puts me to sleep because of how nice and peaceful it is.

Lot of silly things in it too to enjoy and lot of things added for every playable life stage to enjoy, so none of your sims don't feel left out at all. Especially coming down to the calendar. There's even surprise holidays you can enjoy too. My sims went out on a date and didn't have to pay for food or anything because of it. Good thing too she was flat broke.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • KausawolfKausawolf Posts: 70 Member
    I think Seasons is must buy. It doesn't seem like it right away, especially if you start in summer or spring, but it slowly shows itself.
    Where expansions like Cats and Dogs or City Living showed you everything new right off the bat, and you could jump into them and explore everything, Seasons adds overall quality to your whole game.
    I feel like expansions like City Living are almost stand alone. If you don't live in the city/go to the festivals it adds barely anything to your game. Seasons, on the other hand, adds quality to your game everywhere. It ramps things up in every facet of your game.

Holidays are great! I love that you can customize holidays and make your own. Be warned though, they can take your vacation days without you knowing. Any holiday where it says "day off school/work" WILL take a vacation day.

Weather always makes everything more dynamic too. Even just seeing rain outside makes it feel more alive.

Gardening has been changed and I assume for the better, but as I'm currently playing a legacy and as per rules I won't have a gardener sim for a few more generations, I haven't got to try out the new system.
    But there is a sprinkler! Which is just amazing. No more watering all those plants.

Overall, I consider Seasons a must buy.
    Check out my --->custom content<---
    Follow my Eevee legacy on my --->Simblr<---
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    From what I've been reading here there is no reason for me to buy Seasons. The bug report list is growing rapidly, unplayed sims are dying wholesale in winter (two separate topics out there on that one so far), a review of the contents shows little on the clothing side of real interest and a lot of the objects look like recolors of what we already have. Unlike in TS2 we can't customize what towns get which seasons, and several things TS2 did well are either missing or meh. I'm passing on this one until major repairs are done. Why pay $40 to break my game and loose my sims?