Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Cursor Not Responding To Select Button (PS4)

Comments

• KingofthePunksKingofthePunks Posts: 1 New Member
    So I just bought the game two days ago. Managed to find a deluxe edition, and spent about $80 on dlc, only to have my cursor become unresponsive after few hrs of game play. I figured out a fix by completely shutting off the application and restarting the game. I also created an extra save file before hand. The cursor seems to become unresponsive after going to an event like a festival (I have the city life expansion). However saving and restarting while in said event my cursor works like normal. So while it's playable this bug is highly inconvenient. On top of that even when the cursor is working, I have a lot of lag and occasional glitchy movements (buttons/camera). I know this game is newish for consol users but this is crazy. And I thought Bethesda was bad.

And I might need to post it elsewhere but despite getting the deluxe edition I don't seem to have the added stuff like life of the party, awesome animal hats and up all night. Shouldn't that of come already in the game, do I have to use a code?
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    If the options button does not work, and you can't save as generally the menu to load/save is separate from the current game unless it's a different bug, then I guess you have to restart. It's a repeated problem with long playtime.

For me, my cursor becomes unresponsive occasionally if I try and switch up aspirations to game the system into giving loads of points. Ex. No point in trying to paint masterpieces while I'm working on the 3rd bestseller, but when I go back to painting, try and get that 5th one. When the cursor stops working for me, the best solution is waiting it out. It is an improvement on when the cursor completely disappears after it keeps pulling up the needs when I click on the fridge or toilet, though.
  • DragothDragoth Posts: 1 New Member
    I just recently bought [b]the[/b] [b]sims[/b] 4 [b]deluxe edition[/b] and [i]every dlc[/i] and 2 hours into gameplay my X button on ps4 became completly unresponsive is this a known issue and if so when will the game get a update [b]I feel like I wasted over $100 for a broken game[/b] and not to mention when it was working the lag to inputs and the environment and actions was horrible and while trying to fast forward x3 sometimes the game would just keep playing normal time and or time would go backwards 20 or so minutes then try and speed bacl up. [b]Optomize[/b] the [b]game[/b] [b][i]please[/i][/b].
  • SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    I seem to be having this issue when using the curser to navigate the map/ui.
  • jdubya2018jdubya2018 Posts: 1 New Member
    Had this problem tonight...googled it and found a message saying to hit the reset button on the back of the controller and it should fix it. Did that and the x button started working again!! Hope that helps.
  • SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    I've noticed the phone seems to be playing up too. I keep getting stuck in the UI.
  • xalyssareneexxalyssareneex Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought the game today. Played for about 3-4 hours. X button stopped responding. I could press the options button on the controller and use the X button to save and return to main menu, but the X button will not select anything in game. I hope they fix it soon, I was enjoying it, now unplayable :(
  • TzohfeldTzohfeld Posts: 1 New Member
    Bumping because this is absolutely ridiculous. Just played my character for 6 hours straight only to have him essentially bricked. Will be requesting a refund through PS store soon if this is not resolved.
  • saintmojoesaintmojoe Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having this same issue and it is very frustrating. Reading through this thread I'm wondering if anyone will help???
    When I'm in CAS I have to use creative ways to get around the 'x' not connecting. During build mode I can't even click to build/purchase anything. In play mode, I can't even click to have my sim do something. Basically frozen. Its kind of hard to play with this issue.
    IS ANYBODY READING THIS
  • Malisk2020Malisk2020 Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope you guys read this, the only solution I’ve found is just closing the game and then starting it again, thankfully the menu interface still works so are able to save your progress (to close an application press the home screen button in the center and press start while the application is selected, then press “close application” which is the first option) it’s a bit annoying having to wait for the game to start up but it works at least. Again I hope you read this, keep in mind that the glitch does happen again, for me it’s usually occurred after traveling or going into the change sim interface. I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    It's getting now-right annoying. Playing the game last night, and after several hours of it I selected another household and the cursor stopped responding.
    2quwd7.gif

• ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    > @saintmojoe said:
    > I am having this same issue and it is very frustrating. Reading through this thread I'm wondering if anyone will help???
    > When I'm in CAS I have to use creative ways to get around the 'x' not connecting. During build mode I can't even click to build/purchase anything. In play mode, I can't even click to have my sim do something. Basically frozen. Its kind of hard to play with this issue.
    > IS ANYBODY READING THIS

I was having the same issue with X not working in CAS a few weeks ago - I found just bashing the X button until it worked tended to fix it and I could carry on. It kept happening and all of a sudden it stopped happening - I don't think there was a patch either, so I've no idea why it stopped happening. Does it fix the problem if you just mash the X button?

I am still having issues with the bumpers lagging when I try to slow down and speed up time so hopefully that will get fixed too.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    The cursor not working has happened ever since the recent patch. It's the same with the phone closing instantly after opening it.
    2quwd7.gif

• AcaciaCEJAcaciaCEJ Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just got a ps4 today & the cursor (x) stopped being able to select anything after she had been the gym. Don't know if it's linked to travel or the phone? Hope for a patch soon!

Going out of the game, closing the application and then going back on fixed it. But having to do that every time she goes out is going to get old real fast!
  • CHELS_72CHELS_72 Posts: 1 New Member
    Seriously, wth?? Does anybody know how long these things usually take to patch!?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    CHELS_72 wrote: »
    Seriously, wth?? Does anybody know how long these things usually take to patch!?

However long it takes sadly which isn't the best answer to give but its true. The Devs need time to investigate then find a fix and then the patch needs to be sent off to Microsoft and Sony to be approved before EA/Maxis can release it which, going off of gurus tweets on twitter, can take a while.
  • missgracewintermissgracewinter Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey hey! Looks like I'm having the same issue with 'x' not selecting anything so im unable to interact or anyone. This has happened twice now when my sim has become part of a group with someone else, either on a date or with family members attending birthday party. It does clear up after I restart game but they do not achieve tasks and they are being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on dates due to this free will is starting to be painful. Hopefully there's patch released soon! Hope this information helps.
  • WolfgangCleveWolfgangCleve Posts: 1 New Member
    Just bought the game and now this problem. I had to go back to a previous save to get it to work. If it continues I'll try uninstall/reinstall. Otherwise I'm seeking ways to get my money back.
  • KittyCat_HolmesKittyCat_Holmes Posts: 7 New Member
    Got the game as a birthday gift on Sunday (today is Tuesday), I played for a couple hours and my ‘X’ button became unresponsive. It seemed to have started right after I started creating my second sim. My select button would only work creating a sim if I didn’t use the cursor, just the toggle menu, which made it a bit difficult. When I got back to the living mode tho, I couldn’t select anything to have my sim do any actions.

Anyone else here has had this issue? If so, were you able to fix it or go around it somehow? I could really use the help, I’ve been impatiently waiting to finally play the sims 4 and a ‘X’ button coming on my way to finally enjoy my play time, seems kind of cruel.
  • piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    Got the game as a birthday gift on Sunday (today is Tuesday), I played for a couple hours and my ‘X’ button became unresponsive. It seemed to have started right after I started creating my second sim. My select button would only work creating a sim if I didn’t use the cursor, just the toggle menu, which made it a bit difficult. When I got back to the living mode tho, I couldn’t select anything to have my sim do any actions.

Anyone else here has had this issue? If so, were you able to fix it or go around it somehow? I could really use the help, I’ve been impatiently waiting to finally play the sims 4 and a ‘X’ button coming on my way to finally enjoy my play time, seems kind of cruel.

I have the PS4 version and I don’t have this problem so I won’t be of much help. However, there is a patch coming out Tomorrow that may fix this problem. Also what expansion, game and stuff packs do you have? I don’t have all of them so maybe it’s a specific pack that causes this problem?! I have City Living, Get to Work, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff and Perfect Patio Stuff. Hope this helps and I hope the problem gets fixed soon for the people affected.
  • KittyCat_HolmesKittyCat_Holmes Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote]pifflover[/quote]

Thank you for replying! I have get to work, vampires, dine out, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff and the holiday celebration pack... I think the only ones that you and I don’t have in common is the vampire and the holiday celebration packs, so you might be onto something. I hope the upcoming patch is able to help with this issue, in the meantime I’ve figured out a temporary solution, saving every so often so that when the select button doesn’t work again, I can just restart the game and it works again for a couple of hours until you have to close and reopen again.

So... if anyone has this issue, just do that for the time being. Save every so often and if the “X” button stops working, close and reopen the game.

PS: sorry if my quote doesn’t work, I’ve never done any BBCoding before. (^_^;)
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Anyone else still having this issue? I have had it a few times in build mode where the x stops working. Seems to be once again after using bb. Moveobjects
  • CookietempowerCookietempower Posts: 1 New Member
    Something similar is happening to me.
    I bought two expansion packs today.
    (Seasons and City Living)
    But when I try to move any sim into a apartment, the screen for moving the sim in says ok for any option, and when I click anything, it doesn't react.
    I have tried to repair the game via Origin, and it hasn't worked so far.
    If anyone has a solution, or can help me please say something.
    Thank you!
  • Dot_22Dot_22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Idk who to go to about the issue I am having so hoping anyone sees this and can help I just created an account just to get some help. I play sims4 on xbox1 and after using the camera to take pics all of a sudden my cursor dissapeared. I tried everything. Looked up others who had the problems tried what they did absolutely nothing is working. Restarted my game everything. Need help bad pleaaaase ty!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think there is a bug with all consoles controller, I had problems with mines, I am now playing with a keyboard and mouse, the game is working perfectly now