Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Education EP

kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think they should make a pack that not only has University but vastly improves the highschool and elementary schools in the game.

Preschool/Daycare

This is for toddlers. Preschool will make them level up in their skills faster and give them a head start in elementary. We can play as the toddlers while they go to preschool or they can go by themselves. For daycares it can be somewhere you can send babies, toddlers and kids. Parents can drop them off and pick them up. You can build the daycare how you want it.

Elementary

This is for child sims. You can go with your sims to school. You can have multiple schools in our game. You have to enroll into a school and it takes you to a map where you choose which one. You can have private schools where your sims have to get accepted and they cost a lot. They can look at skills and if the child went to a preschool. You can also choose if you want there to be uniforms. Your sim doesn't have to go to school but then they won't be able to go to Highschool and would not be able to get a job later on.

Schools can have activities like plays, talent shows, dances, clubs and school sports, science fairs. Would also like to see sims getting in trouble for pulling pranks and get detention. Maybe they can even get expelled too. There would be a lot of stuff your child sims can do after school. And parents can get more involved by going to their plays and games. I would also like to see children react to getting bad grades or good grades, winning a science fair, etc.

Highschool

This is for teenagers. Things that child sims did in elementary school would affect them in Highschool a little. If they had really good grades and was involved in school activities they are more likely to get accepted into a private highschool. You can also have multiple Highschools in your game. Your sim doesn't have to go to school but then they can't go to university and they can't get a job or at least most jobs.

There can be plays too, science fairs, clubs and sports. They can get essays and reports they bring home. They can also get expelled and then they would have to find another school to go to. If they went to a private school then they lost their opportunity and would have to go to a public school. Prom is a thing that your sims can choose to go to. Your teen sims can ask someone to the prom and the person can reject it. They can also rent a limo (if we get cars) but it is an expensive option.

I'm not sure how graduation will work since teens age up at different times but maybe it will happen at a specific time every set amount of days and will depend on the your lifespan that you have or you can choose in options. Then those who graduate can go to college even if their still teens and if a young adult ages up before graduation they still go to school until graduation. Sims can congratulate each other and celebrate and parents can take photos. Would be cool if they have yearbooks and when you sim reads it they remember the sims that signed it.

University/Community college

After Highschool your sims can go straight to working but they won't able to get past a certain point in their career and some jobs won't be available for them. Best option is to go to college. They have to apply and they get accepted based on their grades, skills, and how involved in school they were. Sims with not enough money can apply for a loan (that will come back to haunt them later). They can also apply for scolarships.

Majors can include businness, science, english, culinary arts, astronomy (for astronauts), art, and computer technology. They can have sororities and frats. Dorm rooms that they share with a roommate. This can be hell for a sim especially if a neat sim has a slob roommate. Or an ambitious sim has a lazy roommate. The roommates don't have to be in the household so you can't control them but sims in the same household can be roommates.

Your sims can bring home projects and essays to work on at home. Sims can visit their family while in college. There can also be graduation, similar to highschool graduation.

Boarding Schools

They are like private schools except your sim has to stay there. There can be elementary or highschool boarding schools. They can live in shared rooms. Everyone in the boarding school doesn't have to be in be in the same household.

Teachers/Professors

A new active career. Your sim can be a teacher at a preschool, elementary or highschool. They are also other npc teachers they work with. Professors can teach at colleges or universities.

More new careers

- part-time jobs for adults
- architect
- accoutant
- receptionist
- mechanic
- janitor

Online school

Your sims can take courses online. Maybe they need to level up in their career so they take a course. Another thing they can apply to and get rejected.
Check out my twitter and tumblr
Post edited by kaiwrysims on

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not all that thrilled with active school (where you follow your Sim) just because you can really only follow one Sim at a time. That's one issue I have with the active careers from GTW; by the time my Sim got home from work I'd only have a few Sim hours to get the family fed, the kids/teens to do their homework, the spouse (if there is one) to do his/her work task done, then maybe some time for a bit of fun and/or skillbuilding before getting everyone to bed.

I'd like to see three enhancements to education:

1. If you select the Meet Friends tone, you should only meet Sims in your age group (child or teen).
    2. Return of private schools; schmoozing the headmaster (or maybe just out and out bribe him/her for child's admission), school hours would be shorter but homework would be harder (some active projects as well as just book study, like find frogs for Biology Lab or interview anotehr Sim then write an essay for English, that sort of thing).
    3. Tying in with 2, homeschool or "study from home" options. This would be similar to the "work from home" careers in CL where you can either go to the rabbithole school or "study from home" by doing two or three assigned tasks. Your Sim could start the study from home when they reach a B grade; if grade drops below that level you would lose the "study from home' option and have to return to rabbithole class every day.

In addition, I'd like to see an active day care career, with the options for Sims to drop off their toddler(s), call the nanny or send to the current off screen day care. Not too concerned about the ohject babies until/unless we get babies that can be freed from the bassinet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I'm not all that thrilled with active school (where you follow your Sim) just because you can really only follow one Sim at a time. That's one issue I have with the active careers from GTW; by the time my Sim got home from work I'd only have a few Sim hours to get the family fed, the kids/teens to do their homework, the spouse (if there is one) to do his/her work task done, then maybe some time for a bit of fun and/or skillbuilding before getting everyone to bed.

Yeah I agree that's why my single sim does the scientist career. So I think it should be an option like the gtw careers so you don't have to follow them.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I definitely like this idea but I would enjoy it not being a mandatory "active" scenario. It'd be nice to be able to follow them sometimes but it's also be nice if they go on their home. I think that having more options for parents to help the kids out at home, I.E asking if their homework is done instead of just offering to help them while they're doing it is nice. I also like the idea of bringing back the private schools from TS2 and the options of private boarding schools/after school activities from TS3. School is a huge part of a child and teen's life but they never really get to benefit much from it besides just getting good grades.
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like the idea of an Education EP, if it comprises the following:
    1. More activities/locations than just class - e.g. excursions, balls, cafeteria where pupils and teachers eat lunch, usable lockers, schoolyard/courtyard, special homework assignments (as mentioned above in other post)
    2. Choice whether to follow them or just have them go on their own
    3. Education facilities for toddlers - teens
    4. Option to build and customize school/kindergarten buildings

I gotta say I don't care too much about University - if they do it, however - what they most probably will - I'd rather have it in a separate pack, so each can be properly detailed and full-fledged. Also, I'd prefer if it was more like in Sims 2 instead of Sims 3.

Some ideas I have for a Kindergarten (daycare/preschool for toddlers):
    • Drawing activity/skill (just plain normal drawing on a sheet of paper - finished drawings can be put on the wall)
    • Building blocks (Duplo!)
    • Toy kitchen
    • (Baby) dolls
    • Table where everyone eats together (maybe with some special toddler chairs so they don't have to be in highchairs)
    • Playground outside with toddler swings etc., playing interactions between toddlers (tag, hide & seek etc.)
    • Possibilty to meet and socialize with other toddlers, obviously
    • Kindergarten teacher - cares for kids, plays with them and maybe cleans up as well (maybe an active career too)
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    I doubt that school and university would be in the same pack but who knows. I agree that it would be good to be able to choose wether you want to follow the children/teenagers at school. I don't have GTW yet so I am not sure about this, but what happens when you have multiple Sims in a family with different GTW careers - can you switch between them while they are both at work at the same time? Because that might get complicated when you have for example a child in elementary school, a teen in high school, a police officer dad and a doctor mum... can you only choose to follow one per day then or switch any time?

Enough with the complicated stuff, here are some of my ideas for a School pack:
    • a time table that you can look at
    • new activities and gameplay objects at school to improve existing skills and also new ones added with the pack
    • for classes there could be Art, Music, PE, Science and Language and Culture (maybe to learn the culture skills, but it shouldn't be possible to max those skills unless you visit the places)
    • a school bus (it would be cool if those were patched in with car pools and service cars like in the Sims 2 base game, "proper" cars could come in a later pack)
    • school clubs and after school activities
    • a school cafeteria

Also I could see how the calender from Seasons would fit well with a School pack:
    • a new school year always starts at the first day of autumn
    • there are school trips in spring
    • summer holidays last from mid to end of summer
    • each new school year the time table changes to spice things up (could be more or less randomized, I think)
    I think the calender would add to the sense of a "whole school year" which would be nice - the problem is that seasons would be required for this and I can see how some people might not want that.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    I don't have GTW yet so I am not sure about this, but what happens when you have multiple Sims in a family with different GTW careers - can you switch between them while they are both at work at the same time? Because that might get complicated when you have for example a child in elementary school, a teen in high school, a police officer dad and a doctor mum... can you only choose to follow one per day then or switch any time?

I've actually never tried this so I'm not sure. If they do make this pack I think they should make it possible to switch between different sims. So you're not stuck on one Sim per day.
  • DlwynnDlwynn Posts: 1 New Member
    @nindl in GTW when going to work with a sim, you can't switch between sims with playable careers. Hope that made sense!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Not bad.
    Lots of good ideas.
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    You can also choose if you want there to be uniforms.
    For all schools? I hope so!
    Then those who graduate can go to college even if their still teens and if a young adult ages up before graduation they still go to school until graduation.
    It'd make more sense to have the graduation tied to ageing up. Or have it possible to graduate prior to ageing up, but not yet start uni.

It'd also be nice if Adult and Elder sims could apply for, and attend uni.
    Sims with not enough money can apply for a loan (that will come back to haunt them later).
    That's not particularly realistic for everyone. :/
    Majors can include businness, science, english, culinary arts, astronomy (for astronauts), art, and computer technology.
    Perhaps you mean simlish :p
    They can have sororities and frats.
    plz. no.
    They're such a creepy americanism.
    Dorm rooms that they share with a roommate.
    Why?
    Dorm rooms here are mostly for first year out of town students, or international students, and they are almost never shared. In a building with 50 dorm rooms, maybe 2 will be shared rooms, and only for people who already know each other. Being forced to share with a stranger is dangerous and creepy.
    Sims can visit their family while in college.
    What? Why not live at home while attending uni?
    It's the more affordable option for most uni students.

There can also be graduation, similar to highschool graduation.
    Given that highschool graduation isn't really that big of a thing here, I doubt it's similar. Uni graduation is a big deal.
    Highschool graduation is more usually a muckup day, followed by schoolies week.

Teachers/Professors

A new active career. Your sim can be a teacher at a preschool, elementary or highschool. They are also other npc teachers they work with. Professors can teach at colleges or universities.

More new careers

- part-time jobs for adults
    - architect
    - accoutant
    - receptionist
    - mechanic
    - janitor
    Awesome ideas, but I doubt they'd cram that much into a pack. :/
    Online school

Your sims can take courses online. Maybe they need to level up in their career so they take a course.
    Nice idea.

Another thing they can apply to and get rejected.
    LOL
    Is this the Education pack, or the Rejection pack? :p

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif