Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Life EP Idea

Family Life
And no, I'm not talking about sex-education, although that would make for some awkward afterschool specials lol. Family Life could be an in-between of Generations and Late Night. Family Life was all about, well... family. And family isn't just about blood. Just like TS4, we create our own family. With an all new Family Tree system we can do just that. Give our families unique family traits that can either correspond with neighboring families and make for great storytelling during family reunions, or clash with the neighbors and become the intolerant rebellious family that seems to always start drama, chaos, and feuds at all family outings, reunions and special events.

Key Features
Create-a-Family- unlike CAS piecing individual sims together to make a family, the new system goes deeper and beyond any sim creation we've seen before. New slots for 3 or 4 households joined together. New Family Tree System (FTS) links them as: Mother-in-Law/Father-in-Law, Step-Mother/Father, Step Brother/Sister, Half Brother/Sister, Aunt/Uncle, Niece/Nephew, Great Grandparents, Ex-Wife/Husband, and FAIRY godmother. And even if you're not playing with any other family give them a call and they'll be right over.

Memories- the return of scrapbooking, along with a new skill- Videography. If you want to capture a sim's moment to last a lifetime, where sims can film an event or capture a moment of a lifetime, edit a home movie, and gather the entire family and extended family to reel in the years.

Chemistry System- opposites attract, they say. With the Chemistry System each sim has his/her own unique makeup that consists of fears/wants, turn on's/off's, dreams and ambitions, favorites and hobbies. This also helps with sims building up their online dating profile and blind dating profile. Sims can also change their chemistry by trying new things with potential soulmates or casual hookups.

Become a Matchmaker, run a Daycare, or become an Event Planner. As a matchmaker your sim's job is to set up speed dating, blind dates, learn the in's and out's of romance, and become the ultimate matchmaker. Run a daycare is hardwork and takes patience. Teach toddlers how to walk, talk, potty, social, motor and creative skills, and capture each moment while mom and dad are away. And as an Event Planner your sim is hired to get the job done whether it's by arranging extravagant weddings, putting together a Family Reunion, running the schedule of an Anniversary, or attending to sim's grief at a funeral.

New World & Neighborhoods
Simpleton Suburbia
is a suburban city where residents are living the suburban dream with white-picket fences, gated communities, and outlet shops galore. Whether your sim is content with conversing at the block party, attending swanky dinner parties, or grieving the loss of family at the Pleasant Rest Cemetery, there's a place for every type of sim. Simpleton Suburbia is made up of 4 district neighborhoods.

Pleasant Point
has two residential lots and a large community lot. One residential lot is occupied by the Snoot family in their grand mansion where they hold prestige dinner parties, while the other is claimed to be haunted by the founding family of Simpleton Suburbia. The community lot is full of rich history as it is the final resting place for many sims at the Pleasant Rest Cemetery.

Simpleton Square is the second neighborhood and is the downtown shopping district. This neighborhood consists of five venue lots- Grocery Store, Best Italian restaurant, party shop, cafe, and beauty salon.

Whispering Lane is the third neighborhood consisting of 6 residential lots which make-up a suburban. Whispering Lane is a gated community and is also governed by the uptight Whispering Lane Homeowners Association with restricted guidelines a sim must abide by in order to live amongst the residents on the lane.

Lovely's Country Club is the largest neighborhood consisting of no residential lots. Lovely's Golfclub has an 9-hole golf course, miniature golf for beginning golfers, as well as croquet course. Sims can enjoy the country club activities, compete in golf tournaments, or attend a wedding at the Lovely Chapel.

New Objects
Video Camera
Photo Album
Bunk Bed
Stroller
Treehouse
Vibrating Bed
Croquet Court
Mini Golf Course
Golf Clubs
Blanket Fort
Family Game Night Table- includes games the whole family can enjoy
Game Table- table converts from a pool table into table tennis.
Seance Table- contact loved sims from beyond the grave through the seance table.
Beauty Station- transform sims with new hair, makeup and wardrobe
Tattoo Chair- give your sim an edge with new tattoos and facial piercings

New Lot Types
Grocery Store- sims can purchase rare items or own a grocery store.
Cul-De-Sac- a small community park lot for block parties.
Cemetery- lay your sim to rest, dare a sim to break into a crypt, and befriend a ghost.
Country Club- plan a Family Reunion, Anniversary or Wedding at the Country Club.

New Skills
Romance
Psychic
Videography

New NPC Occult Lifestate(s)
Imaginary Friend
Cupid
Fairy Godmother

New Occult Lifestate
Plant Sim

New Party Events
Family Reunion
Baby Shower
Wedding & Reception
Anniversary
Funeral
Speed Dating
Bachelor/Bachlorette Parties

New Woohoo Locations
Shower

New NPC
Matchmaker
Psychic
Cake Dancer
Wedding Singer
Police Officer
Burglar
Daycare Attendent/Midwife

New CAS
Body Hair
Facial Piercings
Warts and Moles
Elder Walkstyle- elder sims use a cane when walking.

New Dancing
Slow Dancing
Wedding Waltz
Tango

New Instrument
Harp

New Pet
Pet Rock
Fairy

Midlife Crisis comeback
Heirlooms comeback
Reading of the Will comeback

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I absolutely love this pack idea!!!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Not really understanding how the CAS idea above differs from what we already have. Other than the addition of the extra family relationships.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not really understanding how the CAS idea above differs from what we already have. Other than the addition of the extra family relationships.

Main Family (given last name) consisting of mother, father, and children.

2nd Family we could branch it out as creating the same concept but link who they're related to- mother is linked to played mother sim (so they are sisters), which would link their children as aunt/niece/cousin.

Say, if you create a 3rd family who is a single parent, then they marry another sim, then that sim would become a step-parent to his/her children, and then the pattern in the family lineage would link as Sister-in-Law/Mother-in-Law, Step-Aunt, Half-Niece.

Family Trait System would be more of a Genetic Characteristic Trait. A creative family gain all creative skills much faster, enjoy hobbies and activities that involve creativity, and provoke creativity to sims that encounter. An athletic family gains athleticism and exercise faster and enjoys the outdoors and playing sports, and are competitive. A swanky family are materialistic snobs would care only about money and self-image. So we could give our sim family a Family Trait which would give all family members a trait to do with their family trait, plus 3 personal traits. And these traits played off how they interact with NPC sims, as well as extended family members.
  • Options
    EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member
    I LIKE IT
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I really like these ideas. I wanted to say what i liked most but i want all of these things in my game i really hope someone from EA sees this bc this could be there best expansion if they did it right and a lot of people would have faith in ts4 again i think
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Wow, you've put a lot of thought into this! While I don't agree with all of it, I love the general idea overall!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    dlaremedlareme Posts: 20 Member
    This is so cool! I would totally buy this!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Overall, not a bad concept.
    Slow Dancing
    Wedding Waltz
    aren't they the same thing?
    I'd rather have a different style of dance, rather than two versions of the same thing.
    New Instrument
    Harp
    What about a cello?
    It would go well with the violin the game already contains, and paired with it, would work well for 'wedding music'.
    Fairy
    Just watch out for the Cottington girls!

I really like the idea of family reunions. After a few generations, it would be interesting to see who your sim is related to.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif