Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island/Tropical EP - my ideas

kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I've always thought of this being a game pack but now I can see it as an expansion pack. I'm from Jamaica so I'll base some stuff from there.

New World

A new tropical world with beautiful beaches, hotels and resorts. Multiple areas like a functional waterfall with vines sims can swing from and a mermaid island. Jamaica has a lot of mountains so would be cool if there was a neighborhood with houses on the mountains and maybe even a volcano. The houses in Jamaica are usually really colourful bright. When I used to live there our house was bright baby blue and white and in the inside the walls were bight yellow and orange. Our neighbour's house was a bright orange and another one down the street was bright pink and orange.
966b5b1d212fdfe913227506c86ada00.jpg

miami-5.jpg

private-tour-from-ocho-rios-to-dunn-s-river-falls-in-ocho-rios-534827.jpg

jamaica-hillside-homes1.jpg

29865459.jpg

You can learn the local culture and new market stands that sell fruits like mangoes, oranges, coconut, pineapple, watermelons, june plums, guava, cherries, naseberry, guinep, sugar cane, pawpaw (or papaya), starfruit (yes it's literally shaped like a star). Vendors also sell crab, corn, peppered shrimp, lobster, patties, roasted peanuts, snow cones (best way to cool off) and ice cream on the street.
Colorful-Culture-1024x732-423x303.jpg

Locals usually fish lobsters, shrimp and fish and then cook them to sell them. Local people also believe in something call obeah, it's kind of like jamaican voodo. Based on my experiences people usually view it as black magic and as 'bad' but I believe it can be used for good and bad. For the game it should be kind of like powers where sims can communicate with spirits and take away or give curses. People with that 'power' can also cure illnesses or give them. It can be used for both good and bad. I know that sims can already talk to ghosts and communicate with them but maybe sims with obeah powers can bring them back to life or something like that.

It's also not uncommon to see people riding horses in the streets and on the beaches. Goats, donkeys, and chickens are also common to see roaming around.

New radio stations like reggae (would be cool to hear this in simlish lol) and new dancing.

New food: jerk chicken, ackee, fried fish (escoveitch fish), curry chicken, festival, bammy, breadfruit (roasted then fried), oxtail etc.

CAS items

These are traditional wear that are usually worn for special occasions. The fifth picture tho is something seen daily. But most people wear what you would call western clothing daily, so just t-shirts and shorts or jeans. The first and second picture is worn on a day called bandanna day. Which I can't remember what that day was for to be honest but it happened every year. There's also something called a carnival every easter where people dress up like the sixth and seventh photo.
4f50e8dcabf2670eabdaac361b4830c7--jamaican-women-costume-national.jpg

jamaican_costumes_bandana.jpg

th?id=OIP.j3GiYSWfa7QSd-_MevlsRAHaIW&w=190&h=214&c=8&o=5&pid=1.7.jpg

baile%20reggaE.jpg

people-wear-jamaica_79cef57c55d22050.jpg

DanceCarnival.jpg

Jamaica-Carnival-Atlanta-Blackstar-Image-Credit.jpg

Beach activities

I don't really know much by experience because I've never been to a beach. Yep, believe it or not, I've lived in Jamaica for more than half my life... Anyways,

- Seashell collecting
- Building sandcastles
- Lounging on a towel
- Scuba diving
- sun tanning
- beach volleyball
- surfing
- water skiing
- life guards
- parties on the beach with music and BBQ

Hotels & Resorts

- You can build your own (and please sims team make it possible in other worlds too)
- You can manage one
- Sims can check in and check out
- Your sims can call for room service
- Maid service has to clean the room after someone checks out unless the customer coming next will give a low star rating
- Restaurant or breakfast bar, hotels can offer complementary breakfast

Boats

You can have cruises that can use the same mechanics of hotels but tweaked a bit. . There can be 2, 5, or 8 day cruises. To work, there can be a loading screen that takes your sim to the cruise and then a loading screen from the cruise to the destination. On these cruises there can be:

- lounge chairs
- restaurant
- gift shop
- rooms your sim can stay in
- staff that bring sims food while they relax (this can be a really expensive option)
- shows or performances
- mini waterpark

Your sims can own boats and also boat houses. Boat houses can just be lots in the water where you can build anything on. Would be cool if you can move the boat houses.

Boats can be used to fish with or your sims can ride around. Types of boats:

- motorboat
- canoe or kayak
- row boat
- jet ski

New Insects/Pests

- cockroaches (from hell and they fly, some are even the sizes of small birds)
- mosquitoes
- lizards (also from hell)
- ants (you can't leave food out for one second)
- toads (not an insect but I used to hate them, they are huge and so ugly)
- sea urchins (in the ocean)
- moths
- sand flies

When night comes is when all the bugs come out to play like moths, mosquitoes and sand flies.

Mermaids

- your sims can see mermaids when they go scuba diving
- it's a new life state
- your sims can get turned into one when they meet a mermaid or other ways
- can edit in cas
- they get their legs back on land and will turn when they go back in the ocean

Integration with other packs

Seasons - It wouldn't snow at all in the new world but rain occasionally. Cruises during bad weather can be cancelled or for example a cruise during a thunderstorm may cause a sim to die from a lightning strike. Beach activities can be added to the traditions.

Cats and dogs - Pets can swim on beaches and can be signed into hotels and go on cruises.

Get together - new club activities include: surfing, collecting seashells, building sandcastles, playing beach volleyball, etc.

Get to Work - you can sell seashells and other stuff collected on the beach.

Dine out - new food added to restaurant menus

Spa day - Spa equipment can be used on cruise ships and in hotels.

This pack can be a mixture of different island countries like Hawaii (I know it's a state) and the Bahamas but since I'm from Jamaica I just put what I personally know.

If you have anything else to add to this comment down below and I'll add it.
Check out my twitter and tumblr
Post edited by kaiwrysims on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited June 2018
    This sounds lovely. I hope the powers that be read this.

Edit to add: you should add a few pictures of local clothing to give them ideas. The more info, the better.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    This sounds lovely. I hope the powers that be read this.

Edit to add: you should add a few pictures of local clothing to give them ideas. The more info, the better.

Yeah you're right I will add that tomorrow morning.
    I added suggestions for cas :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Good ideas! While I've not been to Jamaica, I have been to the Philippines, another tropical country that could enliven this game. EA did something like this in TS2 with the south seas vacation destination, so any surviving devs would have an idea of how to do this.
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    edited June 2018
    I really want a tropical pack. I got everything I wanted so far. The first thing I asked for was a vampire pack, then seasons, now I hope my 3rd wish will come true and we'll get a pack with beautiful beaches and palm trees and many beach activities (swimming, collecting shells, snorkeling, scuba diving, boating, surfing, tanning, hammocks etc). o:)

I just don't want it to be buggy like The Sims 3 Island Paradise.That's the only reason why I haven't bought that pack.I heard it's slow even on high-end computers.
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    edited June 2018
    Love these ideas! I'd ideally like to see 2 neighborhoods. One for the humans + pets, and a second as an underwater neighborhood for merfolk (and maaaybe scuba divers) only. Could be locked behind gameplay like Sixam and the sylvan glade and all that, but be an actual neighborhood your merfolk can own property and live in. #dreams
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
    wyn wrote: »
    Love these ideas! I'd ideally like to see 2 neighborhoods. One for the humans + pets, and a second as an underwater neighborhood for merfolk (and maaaybe scuba divers) only. Could be locked behind gameplay like Sixam and the sylvan glade and all that, but be an actual neighborhood your merfolk can own property and live in. #dreams

That would be so cool. I don't think it would be a secret world tho because the debs said that only 10% of players actually use them. So it could just be an open neighbourhood with a Mermaid island and under the water is where all the merfolk live.
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Love these ideas! I would love to have a tropical vacation town. And now that we have seasons the ability for Sims to get tan from the sun.
    The island could have two sides, one for sims to have a great vacation and the other to explore and discover a world for merfolk who live in huts in a small village but, when in the water, grow tails to swim like a dolphin.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I hope they include bits from all the islands of the Caribbean. I’d love to see some of the foods from my culture mixed in there :heart:
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I love this. I'd really love to see a tropical beach vacation for sure. I've always been curious to see how Sims would be on a cruise ship honestly.

I'd like to see a Reggae station.

With CAS I'd definitely like to see things like some sarongs' and speedos. :V Not enough speedos for men tbh.
    5vJrxmT.png
    At first I thought mermaids could fit in is pack but now I'm thinking that if they are going to be really detailed maybe they should come in a different pack.
    Mermaids are not as complex as witches or vampires. I think mermaids could easily fit in a pack with or without other stuff. I see a beach world EP where they could fit in well.
  • Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    Tropical Holiday ep:
    -Airports (and airport related careers)
    -cruise ship vacation choice
    -new tropical world where you can build homes (not just rental ones)
    -swimming in the ocean
    -hotels

This is from my wishlist:)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    I would like this pack so long as it did not include mermaids. Don’t get me wrong, I want mermaids in my game, in fact, I want them more than a tropical vacation EP. However, I think that they should get their own game pack, like vampires.

Sure, the mermaids in TS3 were so simple that they could be tacked on to a tropical EP. But, that’s because they were almost an afterthought to Island Paradise. They were not the focus of the pack, and that is why their full potential was not exhausted. I love what EA has done with vampires, and I think that if they make an expansion pack focusing solely on mermaids, mermaids will also be more fun to play and have more content associated with them.

I also firmly believe that mermaids should have their own fully underwater world. If we got mermaids as part of a tropical EP, at best we would have a few underwater lots for our mermaids in a (mainly above water) tropical world; at worst there wouldn’t even be any any underwater lots. There isn’t going to be an EP with two new worlds, so we won’t get both a tropical fully above water vacation world and a fully below water mer world in one EP.

I really love the ideas for mermaids in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943840/mermaids-gp#latest it really shows that mermaids could be so much more than a small novel part of a tropical EP. like vampires, they could form the bulk of an EP in their own right had be really frigging awesome to boot.
    There's not enough "meat" as far as mermaids are concerned to fill a GP. It would be better for them to come with a beach pack.
    There's not enough "meat" as far as mermaids are concerned to fill a GP. It would be better for them to come with a beach pack.
    I would have said the same about vampires, but they did a brilliant GP on them. I think if they did mermaids similarly (powers, weaknesses, a mer world) then there would be enough to fill a whole GP. Mermaids in their TS3 incarnation would not have enough meat to fill a GP, but then those mermaids were disappointing. If they were given the same treatment as vampires, they would need a full GP and be much more fun to play with. Plus, as I said above, if we want an underwater world for men people, mermaids will need their own EP.

I really love the ideas for mermaids in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943840/mermaids-gp#latest it really shows that mermaids could be so much more than a small novel part of a tropical EP. like vampires, they could form the bulk of an EP in their own right had be really frigging awesome to boot.

I actually read that thread and it changed my mind because now I'm not sure if mermaids would be their best as a feature in an ep but I also agree with Danny and I'm not sure if they are enough for a gp.

So I'm kind of in between.
    I heard or read (sorry, can't remember) that the devs really did a great job researching vampires. Also they wanted to give everyone a chance to create what ever type of vampire they wanted. Nosferatu monster vamps to Twilight lite vamps.

I just don't think mermaids have nearly as much background and lore to build on. All mermaids usually have the same look, whether they're humans or cartoons, fish tail, long curly hair (usually blond) and a seashell top with some underwater plant in her hair as decoration.

I think (based on how vampires was done) that they could do a great job on mermaids, but I don't think it would fill a GP. As part of a beach EP, yup.
    edited July 2018
    I heard or read (sorry, can't remember) that the devs really did a great job researching vampires. Also they wanted to give everyone a chance to create what ever type of vampire they wanted. Nosferatu monster vamps to Twilight lite vamps.

I just don't think mermaids have nearly as much background and lore to build on. All mermaids usually have the same look, whether they're humans or cartoons, fish tail, long curly hair (usually blond) and a seashell top with some underwater plant in her hair as decoration.

I think (based on how vampires was done) that they could do a great job on mermaids, but I don't think it would fill a GP. As part of a beach EP, yup.

I think there is quite a lot out there on mermaids (having done some googling myself!) - at least enough to do a pack like they did for vamps, and the devs could also use their imaginations to add more. However, you may be right that they won’t get their own pack. I still wish that they would so that we could have a completely underwater world - but that may be something we have to go without. Oh well, we will have to see. So long as mermaids are better developed than the TS3 mermaids and we get even just a few underwater lots that will be a step forward.

I think there is quite a lot out there on mermaids (having done some googling myself!) - at least enough to do a pack like they did for vamps, and the devs could also use their imaginations to add more. However, you may be right that they won’t get their own pack. I still wish that they would so that we could have a completely underwater world - but that may be something we have to go without. Oh well, we will have to see. So long as mermaids are better developed than the TS3 mermaids and we get even just a few underwater lots that will be a step forward.

What do you mean by a completely underwater world? Are you wanting a whole world like WC or OS underwater? Or one the size of FH underwater? Or just a neighborhood underwater?

I ask because I don't see them creating an entire underwater neighborhood, much less anything bigger. It just isn't feasible. Besides, I don't think I've ever read that merfolk LIVE underwater, just that water gives them tails.
    edited July 2018
    What do you mean by a completely underwater world? Are you wanting a whole world like WC or OS underwater? Or one the size of FH underwater? Or just a neighborhood underwater?

I was hoping for a world the size of Willow Creek or Oasis Springs completely underwater.
    - It would be similar to, say, Oasis Springs, but all the lots in it would be on the bottom of the sea.
    - It would be completely populated by mer people who would swim around the world, instead of walking (obviously!)
    - There would be houses for the mer people to live in
    - There would be lounges, bars, a park etc
    - All the buildings (houses, lounges etc) would be sea themed - maybe built of shells/coral
    - There would be dolphins which you could adopt/play with/ride on
    - There would be caves to explore with treasure and collectibles to find
    - There would be plants which only grow underwater
    - Normal sims could visit this world by scuba diving

I know it does sound like a lot, but in my opinion a world like this would be awesome and it’s what I am hoping for.

I guess, at worst, a world the size of Forgitten Hollow with only a few underwater houses for the mer people to live in would be better than nothing.
    Besides, I don't think I've ever read that merfolk LIVE underwater, just that water gives them tails.
    Really? Huh. I always pictured them living underwater. Maybe I have wasted too much of “The Little Mermaid”. Regardless, that is how I picture mermaids living.[/quote]
    What about "walk-bys" the sims who walk the sidewalk in your neighborhood? Will Nancy Landgraab change into a scuba suit to swim to the other side of the hood?
    edited July 2018
    What about "walk-bys" the sims who walk the sidewalk in your neighborhood? Will Nancy Landgraab change into a scuba suit to swim to the other side of the hood?
    Lol that would be hilarious. You know, I was thinking that most of the walk-bys would be mermaids, but you might get a few human sims in scuba suits who are just visiting.
    I see an island with a volcano that erupts once and a while (no huge floods of lava, it just spits and goes back to sleep). 75% of the island is different neighborhoods like there is in other worlds but with a beach theme. The other 25% of the island can not be gotten to by human sims or by boat (to many rocks and rough waters). In this cove, is where merfolk will live in huts on the beach or near the beach. There are caves above ground and caves below water, some lead to "rooms" to explore, maybe one can have an old pirate ship in it. Some furnishings and clothes could come from salvaged pirate ships.