Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pitch Black CC Hair? +1 More Issue

Hello! So I've gone over to my friend's place in the last few days and we were playing the Sims 4, and then she told me she was having this bug with it. Basically, whenever she put on any custom content hair (that isn't EA textured, more adjust-shine, so shinier than normal EA hair), it would show the color perfectly in CAS but in the game, the hair would be entirely pitch black. No color, and I know for a fact she makes a lot of her Sims blonde, so I don't understand this.
We searched the web for an answer but everyone else had a problem with the hair turning weirdly shiny, whereas hers has no texture or color at all. It's as black as night. This also wasn't always the case, it started happening a few weeks ago but at first all of the hairs worked fine.
Here is an example:
29v7kn.png

Now, onto the next issue, this one is a personal one I have.
So, I don't know what it is, but basically I downloaded a CC hair and when I try to put it on in CAS, it just shows a weird texture with a big question mark on my sim. Is it missing something? I don't know the issue.
Here is what I mean:
20ue680.png

If it helps, both our laptops are Macbook Airs, 13 inch, from 2015, and both of them didn't have these exact issues before.
MPy9H9S.gif

Comments

• vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Your first image suggests you are running the game on low settings, you can fix CC items by turning off Laptop Mode in the settings. However if your PC only meets the minimum requirements it is NOT recommended.

Second, your bottom picture is caused by out of date or bad custom content.

Edit: Didn't realise this was a Mac issue, but my answers still stand. Macbook Airs are not very powerful
    2UFyFUV.png

• xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    vikixc wrote: »
    Your first image suggests you are running the game on low settings, you can fix CC items by turning off Laptop Mode in the settings. However if your PC only meets the minimum requirements it is NOT recommended.

Edit: Didn't realise this was a Mac issue, but my answers still stand. Macbook Airs are not very powerful

Thank you for the response, except that all of the first issue worked fine until recently. It isn't on Laptop mode, and it used to show the hair properly.
    As for the second issue, thank you, that seems to be what is causing it.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You need to beware of out dated mods and CC as they can cause several issues in your game. Remember any time you patch, update or add new EPs/SPs/GPs to your game, it causes any mods/CC to become "out dated".
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    vikixc wrote: »

Thank you for the response, except that all of the first issue worked fine until recently. It isn't on Laptop mode, and it used to show the hair properly.
    As for the second issue, thank you, that seems to be what is causing it.

I don't know if it works on Mac but there's a program called Sims 4 Studio you could download that and try running the batch fixes and updating your CC through that, this sometimes fixes issues with CC.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It does work on the Mac, but I'm not sure if it has all the functionality that the Windows side does. I've found that most programs that have multiple functionality on the Windows side rarely have the same for the Mac side.

And outdated Mods/CC is a problem for both the Windows and Mac OS. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.