Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Functional toilet paper
  • DipDabDipDab Posts: 2 New Member
    I think a few things could be done to improve quality of gameplay.

1. For musicians they should have an option to be rockstar or whatever genre,
    we have the social media career, critics etc but what we are really missing is the celebrity status that we had in previous games because
    most people who pursue those careers in RL hope to become famous. I was expecting celebrity status was going to be included in city
    living
    2. There is more to the world than selvadorada, I would like to see a game pack with world adventures giving you the option to explore many
    different countries.
    3. I like having aspirations as they are challenging if you dont use cheats, yet I feel that they should include career goals for ambitious sims
    4. Jobs are another thing. I feel that regular day jobs and part time should be available for sims who want to be homemakers but need to
    earn money.
    5. Cars. This is going to sound terribly impatient but I loved having cars as I didnt have to wait on the loading screen and made it more
    realistic. You cant have mega rich mansions without their BMW outside. and it also could be worthwhile in parenthood as you could teach
    your teen to drive and responsibility etc.

Those are just some suggestions of how I think the game could be better
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member

Cars, GARAGES and Driveways!!!

Please, kiss me!

I want this more than anything! Bring the cars back!
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sorry, this is gonna be a long list haha. I know that most of the things that are "missing" for me are likely going to be paid content, but some of the features could be in free updates, like cars for example. I mention a lot of possible packs for that reason in this post. :)
    - Horses GP with a new world with 7-9+ lots that are designed for horses.
    - Superstar EP with artist/singer/pop/rockstar active career with recording studios and arenas, acting and film director career with theatre community lots
    - Farm Life EP with cows, pigs, chicken, ducks/gooses and llamas, also growing crops and tractors. Now this would be a fresh new thing for The Sims franchise.
    - Island Paradise type of EP with boats, mermaids, tanning, sunburn, swimming in the ocean and maybe even a cruise ship!
    - Some type of new mountain vacation destination or even a residential type of GP/EP with skiing, snowboarding, new playable life state: Yeti etc.
    - Educational EP that includes University, Elementary and high school or at least Uni + boarding schools for kids and teens to prepare for college life.
    - Generations type of EP with a new world, family system overhaul, baby and teen overhauls, more things for elders and family life in general
    - Proper Grocery stores
    - Cars, taxis and buses
    - Nightlife/Late Night EP/GP with more new party options and activities for single Sims to do alone or with their friends/dates. The returning NPC could be Miss Crumblebottom with her bag! She could cause some awkward situations for lover Sims etc, complain about how the world has changed so much from how it was when she was young etc.
    - Witches, werewolves, zombies that are more dangerous for Sims
    - Actually relevant traits that affect gameplay and make more interesting Sims. Also, additional trait slots, so that Sims could have up to 5 traits like in Sims 3! Please change that!
    - Please change the 8 Sims in a household limit to maybe 10 or 12! I have heard that some Simmers really want that. It would be so good to have the option to either keep the 8 Sims limit if you are using a less powerful computer to play TS4, or take the risk of playing with more Sims in a household if you have more power in your PC.
    - I need more haircolors to choose from! I miss the color wheel from Sims 3 while customizing your Sim's hair.

I will add more if I feel like mentioning something else that I feel like is essential for my gameplay. ^_^
  • daruchanndaruchann Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with cars, driveways and garages, that's definitely missed.
    I also definitely think there should be more career options.
    One thing I've noticed is the lack of celebration/congratulations interactions for sims who have just had a baby, got a new job, got an A grade at school etc. It seems really anticlimactic when sims can't celebrate with each other on things other than their birthdays. Hope this get's brought in!
  • beckyZOOMbeckyZOOM Posts: 56 Member
    Too much stuff..

Toddlers, they need more toy stuff. A toddler electric car would be cool!

Kids, MORE afteschool activities - I miss ballet, school trips, recitals, earning those lil ribbons.
    Teens again same thing, also more part time job options. Prom, graduation, plays, after school clubs. Option to sneak out with friends for hours (rabbit hole) The ability to form a band!
    Become class president etc etc. Be in a clique at school - Jock, geeks, etc etc

YA - This really needs some work. I know IRL we can all get pregnant as a YA, married blah blah but i am so tired of being successful in the game at that age. College, part time jobs, graduate jobs.

Adults, more jobs - Include part time. Actor, singer/celeb type careers perfect for the city.
    Thank the lord for career mods.

Overall, more traits, better aspirations.

I could go on lol
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I definitely miss cars, university, and better in game music lol
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd like to see clothes that AREN'T fashionable. Just for variation, y'know? Teenagers are fashionable. Adults, less so.

Like the 70s, 80, 90s pack
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited June 2018
    -We need home schooling for kids and teens. If EA makes a school pack,I would want to have the option to home school my Sim kids.

-We could use venues,like laundromats,video game arcades,etc. If we could have more different types of venues,then Sims 4 would be a lot more enjoyable.

-We need more careers,like Military,Education,etc.

-More different types of musical instruments(clarinets,drums,saxaphones,accordions,etc)

-I'd like to see "Horror" and "Manga/Comic Book"added to the book genres.

-For TV stations, I'd like to see Nature programs, music video channel,game show channel,and a history channel.

-More animal costumes for your adult sim to wear.

-More food options,like ramen,roast turkey,different kinds of soup,etc.

-Sims really need to start staying where I leave them and stop learning unwanted skills. I'm so tired of coming back to my Sims game and finding out that my Sims are in the park or at the café or who knows where else when they should be staying at home. And as for the skills,Sims really need to stop learning unwanted skills. I'm fed up with my serious Sim learning Mischief/Comedy skills, and I'm tired of seeing my bookworm Sim play video games on the computer.

-Generic lots: These really need to become like Sims 1 public lots. It's not really fun trying to create public lots because you're unable to make mixed lots(café/gym/library all on one lot).

-
    Post edited by Lady_Ballora on
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2018
    I wonder if we can have this kind of tub in the game.

zugx2f.jpg

They can probably make it since they've already made those bay window seats when they released the Cats and Dogs EP and the My First Pet SP. ^_^

nntue8.jpg

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Personalities.. personalities.. personalities...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I'm curious about something...with all y'all wanting cars could you explain what the point and fun of that would even be? So they can drive off a loading screen? You'll probably never see them actually go anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my take on what cars would be like. You'd either drive down to the end of the street and vanish into a loading screen or you'll just get in the car and vanish into a loading screen. XD Hardly worth my bother if that's how it'll work lol But like I said correct me if I'm wrong...maybe there's something known about cars that I don't know about.
  • SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    I'm curious about something...with all y'all wanting cars could you explain what the point and fun of that would even be? So they can drive off a loading screen? You'll probably never see them actually go anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my take on what cars would be like. You'd either drive down to the end of the street and vanish into a loading screen or you'll just get in the car and vanish into a loading screen. XD Hardly worth my bother if that's how it'll work lol But like I said correct me if I'm wrong...maybe there's something known about cars that I don't know about.

This is how it worked in The Sims 2. It made the game feel more immersive and helped in terms of taking photos / recording video when telling Sim stories. All these smaller details - while not major gameplay additions - did help make The Sims 2 a very engaging game. I'm having an incredibly hard time engaging with The Sims 4 - even taking it at face value despite its limitations. The developers have cut so many corners when it comes to Sims interacting with their environment so I would say they need to do more than just develop cars the right way. I don't see them going down that route though as Sims simply teleport into the boat in Brindleton Bay.

People also wants cars because they're an essential part of a household. Many families have 1 or 2 cars parked in their driveways and in their garages. In The Sims 2 , Sims could fix up cars, WooHoo in them and hang their and listen to music. In The Sims 3, you could give teens driving lessons. People want to create something akin to real life, which is the whole premise of The Sims and why it's so popular. Sims teleporting off the lot might not be a priority for some players but for a vocal majority, it ruins the immersion and appeal of the game.
  • peeanggpeeangg Posts: 66 Member
    Consequences and personalities. I feel like this is the most important and will add the most but the developers seem focused on other things. But I get it, it is hard to code.
  • Elphaba_711Elphaba_711 Posts: 37 Member
    I’m sure my list is probably a repeat of others but:
    1.burglars and burglar alarms!
    2. The colour wheel (everything is so bland in TS4 and it’s hard to match things so households end up looking the same)
    3. Nappy changing tables
    4. Bathing the baby in the sink like in TS2
    5. beaches with sandcastles, digging for treasure, swimming in the sea, sunbathing,
    6. Hotels like in TS2 vacations
    7. Teen interactions- prom, clubs, sneaking out, house parties,
    8. Outdoor equipment ex. Sandpits, child slides, slip and slides, tree houses,
    9. Party items (especially weddings)- cakes, outfits, being able to throw a costume party on spookyfest. The events in the park for the different festivals.
    10. Photo booths
    11. Bunk beds
    12. More career choices
  • Elphaba_711Elphaba_711 Posts: 37 Member
    Oh and laptops!
  • foxynkafoxynka Posts: 35 Member
    I miss being a witch :( I mean...in Sim life! :D
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tbs.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2018%2F01%2FFinal-Space-Vizio-984x216.jpg
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I'm glad to see that a few items from my original wishlist have been added; however, there's quite a few items/features that I feel need added.
    • Body Hair
    • Car Pool, School Buses, and Taxi Service (Instead of sims disappearing at the sidewalk.)
    • Food Processors.
    • Home Security Systems
    • Lounge Chairs
    • Notebooks/Laptops
    • NPCs (Burglar, Firefighter, Police Officer, Social Worker, Etc.)
    • Schools and Universities.
    • Smaller Arcade Machine, Microscope, and Telescope.
    • Trash Compactors
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    SeanT346 wrote: »

This is how it worked in The Sims 2. It made the game feel more immersive and helped in terms of taking photos / recording video when telling Sim stories. All these smaller details - while not major gameplay additions - did help make The Sims 2 a very engaging game. I'm having an incredibly hard time engaging with The Sims 4 - even taking it at face value despite its limitations. The developers have cut so many corners when it comes to Sims interacting with their environment so I would say they need to do more than just develop cars the right way. I don't see them going down that route though as Sims simply teleport into the boat in Brindleton Bay.

People also wants cars because they're an essential part of a household. Many families have 1 or 2 cars parked in their driveways and in their garages. In The Sims 2 , Sims could fix up cars, WooHoo in them and hang their and listen to music. In The Sims 3, you could give teens driving lessons. People want to create something akin to real life, which is the whole premise of The Sims and why it's so popular. Sims teleporting off the lot might not be a priority for some players but for a vocal majority, it ruins the immersion and appeal of the game.

Ahh ok I get it! Yeah Sims 4 is my first and only game of Sims I have so a lot of the past features I really don't know much about. They could really work on a car and woohoo in them? Ok now you got my vote for cars lol. A motorcycle would be a plus then too actually. My boy would love having a motorcycle. I get it now and thank you so much for taking the time to explain that :D I appreciate it very much and finally can understand things a little better. Yeah, with your description it sounds pretty cool. And I know what you mean about Sims not interacting with the environment. One of my Sims was walking his fox and the fox was in the middle of the street and a car drove right through her pfft lol I'm glad, but omg just the same XD
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @ayyitsmell All of this sounds amazing.

@DarcVader1 These are awesome too.
    All of these things please. :)
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SmileySimmerSmileySimmer Posts: 30 Member
    I think I want to be able to do more with the baby age. Interactions, objects, and clothes & CAS options would be so cool to see. Just even at least if we could get some differences between each baby, like eye colors, or a lil bit of hair. Know what I mean?
  • DiRockDiRock Posts: 105 Member
    I WANT GET EDUCATED OR GET TO SCHOOL or GET SMART! To me, Sims game packs are never complete if University is not one of the packs! I also would love to see the ability for the children and teenagers to get into a private school or something:) I will be super heartbroken if a University or "Furthering education" will not be available! I would love some more amazing job options as well that would be an outcome of furthering your sims education. Maybe Pharmacist/chemist/physicist, dentistry, (do we or could we have law?) Car Mechanic, etc, etc. Let's get some amazing cars! Come on, why are we updating our systems anyway? Is it for cars and other vehicular objects? Or is it so that our sims can finally walk to their destinations and get some great exercise and enjoy the outdoors a little more? PS, if any of the above is already available please refer me to some packs since I've been waiting for a pack that sounds perfect for my personal gameplay.
  • DiRockDiRock Posts: 105 Member
    and horoscopes were so much fun as well! This time I would want twins to have the same horoscope if not the one before or after it based on the time mom had them (Like one was born at 11 pm and the other at 12:01 so they are only one sign away from each other. It is so hard to imagine how an Aries could be a twin to a Libra.
  • WombleWomble Posts: 62 Member
    simply, i just want to control my sims like in PS2 The Sims / The Sims 2 pets
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Being able to control the pets again.