Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you satisfied with death in this game?

13...Next

Comments

• ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    No
    Alright everyone—based on the recently released patch notes, they finally seem to have fixed a lot of what’s mentioned in the OP ❤️

This includes your sims actually reacting if a family member not in the current household dies, and your sims also having a reaction if they’re at work and a loved one dies.

For me personally, this does a lot to help with immersion and I just thought I should let everyone know, just incase someone missed it :) Thanks for your input everyone
    keep on keepin' on
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    No
    l absolutely hate death in this game. There have been times when my sims have been eating at a restaurant and out of nowhere, an elder dies, causing my whole family and the whole restaurant to stop what they're doing to be upset and grieve when we didn't even know the person! l hate it when my children and toddlers witness the death because they take it the hardest and it's a pain trying to cheer them up. I'm not saying you shouldn't be sad. Anyone dying is terrible, but l feel like if you didn't know the sim, you shouldn't be sad for 2 whole days. Maybe only 2 hours.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited June 2018
    Kinda
    I am kinda satisfied, but I still want the ghosts to be gone, when I want them to, like we could with the Sims 3. Furthermore I would wish that we finally could get a choice, if we want an angel like my avatar to collect them, or the (I don't like him) Grim Reaper.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Other (comment below)
    I am not a fan of death period - so the least I see of it - the better.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No
    My problem with death in Sims 4 is that its too hard! All my tombstones are from sims who died of old age! No one dies in a kitchen fire, or from embarrassment or ...any other reason! One death of Johnny Zest first week of playing from hysteria, then every single death has been old age. (except for that one person I locked in the basement who died of starvation after nearly a week!)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.