Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy My first pet stuff as it is now?

13...Next

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No, it doesn't come with enough content for it's price.
    No. It seemed to rushed and you need Cats and Dogs to even fully use it. I have Cats and Dogs now; but not at the time that My First Pet came out and so I passed.

What would of been better is a game pack that focused on a variety of smaller animals-from rodents to lizards, etc....with maybe a pet store (well you can basically do that now with retail; but they could include a nice pre-made shop) you can run and all that. I think they would of gone over much better.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Other

On March 29th, I went on and on why I would not buy this pack, and Why I should not even vote.
    I am not sure of the date, but sometime between March 29th and now I convinced myself to buy this stuff pack... Now, this is my enlightened opinion, not offending people who love it, (now that I have the Pack.)

Do I regret I bought it... Yes
    Do I think I should have waited until it was half price... No, it's not worth half price to me.
    Do I think it should have come with the Cats and dogs EP... Nope, it would have just made it look cheap.
    Where do I think it belongs... I feel it belongs in the free packs. If you buy Cats & Dogs, you should get the choice to download it for free if you like. Or to anyone that owns the base game. I feel that no one that bought C&D's should have to pay for this. or any Simmer. People love free things it makes them like the company a lot better.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Yes, i like the content that is provided.
    I bought it and even though I don't use it much, I don't regret the purchase either.
    It was an inexpensive purchase for me that has added fun content to a few of the saves I play.

I can see why a lot of people don't like this pack though.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No, it should have been part of the C&D ep.
    I still didn't buy it and I won't.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2018
    Since it sold well anyway, there’s no point in holding back (boycotting), so I bought it alongside my Cats & Dogs purchase last night. :lol:

So, I guess my answer is yes now, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Where is the evidence it sold well a guru saying so is no proof.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Other
    Since it sold well anyway, there’s no point in holding back (boycotting), so I bought it alongside my Cats & Dogs purchase last night. :lol:

So, I guess my answer is yes now, lol.

:);):p<3 Fun days ahead. The toybox is nice in that pack, its a lot better than the first one. <3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Even if I liked the lackluster content, I wouldn't buy this pack. Buying DLC for DLC is a bridge too far for me. First pack in the sims history that I've refused to buy on ethical grounds. Don't get me wrong, I've skipped content in the past because it just wasn't my thing. But this pack actually felt a bit wrong to me. The content should have been rolled into C&D imho. Nothing here justified a separate pack. Of course, my reaction is more emotional than rational. I can't really prove my point, but I also can't change my feelings about it. Haven't bought it; don't plan to.
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    This pack should have been a part of Cats and Dogs, plain and simple. They charged us $40 for Cats and Dogs in November, then turn around and release a stuff pack for the animals a few months later. I don't want it, nor do l need it. l have cc stuff for my pets, so that pack is useless to me.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Nothing in the pack is even interesting...if they had included birds,ferrets and reptiles,I would of gotten it. I'll just save my money to buy FNAF 1 and FNAF 2 instead.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I answered no, but the only way I would is if I got it in a bundle (on sale).
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I should have chosen Other because I like the content but agree that it should have come with C&D.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Every pack is a personal choice, not a bad thing in my view regardless of who likes it and who doesn't. People shouldn't be vilified for buying and enjoying a pc game pack period or made to feel bad regardless of why they bought it.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    I guess those of us that did actually like the pack should just keep it to ourselves then.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    I said I wasn't going to buy it when it first came out and I'm sticking to my guns. I doubt I'd even accept it as a gift. Even if it's the only thing left in my entire collection that's not a lovely green colour :'( I think it's a massive statement on how EA feel they can treat their consumers. It's not worth the £10 it is on origin, it's not even worth the £7.99 discount price. If I ever bought it, personally, I would feel like a massive sellout.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I guess those of us that did actually like the pack should just keep it to ourselves then.

I find it is a good addition to elder's households, rather like the hobby of keeping racing pigeons in the backyard. I am going to play one of my elders' households and see if the hamster/voidcritters leave for warmer climes, suffer heatstroke or die in Winter! It's up to @SimGuruGraham to bully/encourage his fellow programmers for more actions for them. Graham!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Other
    No, I will not buy it, because I think, the smaller animals should have been part of the first package, and I don't want further clothing for cats and dogs. I think that the cat Mayor Whiskers is very special, and that he wouldn't be, if all the animals were running around with clothes on.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Other
    I did buy it. ...but only because it was on sale for 7 dollars yesterday and I have this weird quirk about unfinished collections. (I didn't buy the Sims 3 Showtime with Katy Perry in time and it was retired so my Sims 3 collection was incomplete for years. My kid found a dusty copy that had but unopened at a yard sale last month though. Yay!)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    no, I wont buy it. I hate that you can't take the mice out of the cage and have them run around in a ball, I hate that the tubes are just pointless decoration, and I hate that you can't have multiple mice in a cage! These are social creatures!!!!

The buy-mode stuff is also very bulky and ugly. I generally hate it, and I have all the other packs.