Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Rawla congrats on completing it!. I'm still on generation 2. Everly just aged into a child. I might have them have a third too see if it will end up with Kalvins green eyes.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your family grow. :smiley:
    My next family will have a founding couple that is very unique. I've tried all pairings. So.... time for a little twist on the genetics. Hope you don't mind I took a bit of liberty @OJenn. I could not resist. Also, since I've rebuilt all the worlds I have, except for Windenburg, I'm choosing that one this time.

Stay tuned to see the founding couple. I've already made her. About to make him. :smiley:
    edited June 2018
    Okay, revealing the new couple! The rules state that if we wish to mix things up for the founding couple we are able. Especially after all pairs have been used. So I first thought it would be fun to play opposite ends of the skintones. White and Black. So... I made a very pale sim and a very dark sim.

Introducing: Jax'za & Zorth Starz
    (Generation 1)
    06-20-18_9-39-23_PM.png

Edit to add: I'm playing in Windenburg.
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Rawla Aww! My son goes to school in Rochester, NY. We went to Niagra Falls in May for the first time. I love toddler love :) The picture of June with her arms over her chest is super cute.

Oooo congrats on another girl! Aww Rose is cute! I had a Rose Wolfe too!!! I love the matching outfits Solo and his sweetie have. Whoa! Quads! Orion was a good choice for heir...his eyes were so unique!

Weee! Congrats on generation 10!

OH WOW! What a contrasting founding couple! What world are you playing in?

@desirae333 Congratulations on baby #2! Calliope is super cute and congrats on getting a nanny who actually seems appropriate! That house looks so nice! I can't wait to see inside! The girls are so cute!

@blondiebabe923 Sidney's sister looks so angry. What is she yelling at while her brother is hugging Everly? That picture at the end is terrifying! :)

I just love the toddler interactions so much. ooo You got another girl too. Congrats!
    OK so here is a PSA for anyone who uses chrome as their browser! I had just typed all my comments and it's taken me quite awhile cause I've been doing other things at the same time. Well when I was flipping between tabs to make sure I had covered everything, I accidentally clicked the X on the tab that had all my comments. I thought I was going to die. Here is what I did. I clicked on the 3 dots and went to history. Chose my recently closed history and picked the sim tab...and it opened with all my comments. Hooray for small things!
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for all your comments! Its awesome that your son goes to school in Rochester. That's sorta close. :smiley:
    I kept the Bluffs and the Ancient Ruins in tact for now. Windenburg is the world I'm playing. I've hardly ever played here and its one I haven't tried to rebuild so thought I'd give it a try.

Windenburg_empty.png
    OK so here is a PSA for anyone who uses chrome as their browser! I had just typed all my comments and it's taken me quite awhile cause I've been doing other things at the same time. Well when I was flipping between tabs to make sure I had covered everything, I accidentally clicked the X on the tab that had all my comments. I thought I was going to die. Here is what I did. I clicked on the 3 dots and went to history. Chose my recently closed history and picked the sim tab...and it opened with all my comments. Hooray for small things!

That must have been scary. Sure glad you managed to retrieve your comments. Thanks for letting me know!
    @Rawla I'm so excited you're in Windenburg! You'll be the first of us to go there! I'll be right behind you though :) I've never played there either...unbelievably I had just started this challenge when it came out so I went to Willow Creek!
    @Rawla I'm so excited you're in Windenburg! You'll be the first of us to go there! I'll be right behind you though :) I've never played there either...unbelievably I had just started this challenge when it came out so I went to Willow Creek!

I'm really excited too! Its soooooo hard to wait until tomorrow to begin. (Seasons) I didn't realize I would be the first. I'm eager to see you there too! Its a beautiful place what little I've actually taken a look at. Can't believe I haven't looked around at it too much before.
  • blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    I'm jealous of you getting seasons @Rawla lol i won't be able to get it for a while. Probably when there's a sale.
    I'm jealous of you getting seasons @Rawla lol i won't be able to get it for a while. Probably when there's a sale.

I hope you can get it soon.
    Starz Family, 1st home on 20x20 lot. It is 2nd day of spring when these pics are taken, so you can see snowflakes and winter-like bushes/plants in the world. (brown/no-leaves/etc)

06-22-18_12-07-04_PM.png
    06-22-18_12-15-38_PM.png
    06-22-18_12-15-45_PM.png
  • desirae333desirae333 Posts: 261 Member
    Hey guys!!! So... I have another update. I want to thank everyone for the lovely comments - I appreciate them. Also, I may not comment on everyone's post but I love seeing the updates. @Rawla I am impressed that you have completed this challenge SO much! Also, love the new home!

Can I ask where everyone uploads their pictures to post here? Photobucket is so glitchy sometimes! Anyways, on with the update...

06_19_18_1_13_55_AM.png

So, it wasn't long before it was time for Calliope's birthday into childhood!

06_19_18_1_17_36_AM.png\

She aged looking a lot like her daddy but with her mom's eye shape and skintone. She's quite the cutie!

06_19_18_1_40_14_AM.png
    06_19_18_1_42_24_AM.png

Serenity is pretty much independent at most times. While everyone else is at work or school, she helps herself to food and a book while the Nanny watches TV and keeps a close eye on her.

06_19_18_1_44_23_AM.png

Callie is still a Daddy's girl, while Serenity? Clearly about that food life!

06_19_18_12_17_28_AM.png

Julie rolled the whim to try for another baby... I wanted to stop at these two but I couldn't say no to my sim. She is normally so focused on work and achievements, it was nice to see her think about family first.

06_19_18_12_22_28_AM.png
    06_19_18_12_36_29_AM.png

Out of the two girls, Serenity is definitely the troublemaker! She is constantly throwing fits, or making a mess. That is, when she isn't building skills on her own. I'm torn about whether to hate her or love her :P

06_19_18_12_26_27_AM.png

Shane can't stay mad at his girls, no matter how much trouble they may be!

06_22_18_1_50_49_PM.png

@debjameswhite, you wanted to see the inside of the house, so here it is! It's still a BIG work in progress but its definitely their forever home. Actually, this is a good time to say this and see what you guys think! I decided that I want this to be more legacy style play SO the family is going to stay on this lot, probably with some house changes too. But, to do the re-building part, I will build a home (or download) for each of the spares.

06_22_18_2_01_18_PM.png

And baby #3 is confirmed! I was secretly hoping they weren't successful but they were indeed. I like to let them find out on their own and not use a test, so I was as surprised as Shane was!

That's it for this little update! I have more to post so I will soon. This is also (you can see rain in the house pic) where I installed seasons! So the next update will have tons of that!

Thanks again for the comments and love. See you soon!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Rawla - Flower Wolf is a real cutie with her blue eyes and blonde hair combination. She and June look similar but both equally as cute. And after seeing them as teens June is my favorite. Wow Orion is really good looking. Ohh Windenburg is my favorite world next to Brindletin Bay.

@Debjameswhite - I absolutely adore the picture wall behind Billy in that first picture. I need to get back to doing that again with my families. Billy and the kiddos are so cute together playing, it warms my heart. Oh if I recall Raccoons came with City Living. And oh no, RIP Colwyn :( Congrats to Dillon on his marriage. Wow Brenan turned out really handsome, happy birthday to him!! Wow look at Bianca she is super pretty.

Thats a neat trick for Chrome thanks for sharing!

@desirae333 - Food and babies tend to go hand in hand, June almost seems to glow. Oh wow two girls for these two and I love the name Serenity. The new home looks really nice, it has that family suburbian vibe to it. Serenity aged so cute! I love her blue eyes even if they didn't come from either parent.

I upload my pics to Puush.

edited June 2018
    @desirae333 I love your update! Little troublemaker toddler. LOL Calliope aged up pretty! Serenity is adorable, despite being full of mischief. That floorplan of the home is really great. Even for work still left to be done its looking good so far. Yay for nooboo #3. That's a great idea of waiting to see if she's pregnant instead of testing. I love surprises too. Maybe I should try that. Also, your idea of a legacy style and build homes for the spares.... I think that's a great idea!! <3 I might move my family to a large lot and try that too. Haven't decided for sure yet but I'm 90% sure I might. :smiley:

As for what I do to host my photos, I created a discord server for just myself and in that server I have 6+ channels, one for each save/challenge/game I wish to write notes on and upload pictures for. From there I can open the pics and copy/paste their links to here. I love it.

P.S. I'm not the only one that has finished this challenge. I believe there are several of us that keep coming back for more. Its a very addictive challenge. @OJenn made a fun one. :smiley:
    edited June 2018
    I moved my family over to the largest lot on the island and rebuilt a home for them. This is the floorplan. Not sure if I like it or not. Green house is out of the picture towards the bottom right of the lot.

06-23-18_12-59-28_AM.png
    Jax'za is flower arranging while Zorth is at work. (Secret Agent career seemed fitting, considering he's married to an alien.)
    06-23-18_1-25-57_AM.png

Back of the house I just built.
    06-23-18_2-27-56_AM.png
    @Rawla I love it!! I may move my little house to the biggest lot now too, only makes sense of course!
    @Rawla oooo bee keeping! I played for just a little bit last night but I was so tired. I started in Summer. So far, my sims are just terrified of thunderstorms. Peanut and Bobby kept hiding under the couch. Your new house is so cute. I love the little work room with bees! How exciting! Swings! Oh! I like the shape of your new house :) Oooo, flower arranging?! I'm excited to try that. What is the little box just before you get to the pool?

@desirae333 I use puush.me to upload my pictures. It works pretty reliably I think I've only had an issue with it twice over the years I've been doing this challenge :) Not everyone does really long comments like some of us do, but is always nice to know that someone saw and enjoyed your update since we all put so much time into sharing them with everyone. Speaking of that! Calliope was such a cute toddler and she's a cute kid too! I like her shirt! Isn't it annoying when we can't say no? I can't believe I'm getting through this generation with just one child! It's so cute to see Shane loving his girls :) Oh thank you for sharing the inside of your house! I love it. Good lay out :) Your idea of having the family stay on the lot is something I've been thinking about too. @Ojenn what would you think if, instead of moving each heir out permanently, I chose one lot to be the "Family" lot and started my founders there. Then I would move the heirs out to start, build a house but then when the parents died, I would move the heirs back to the family lot and do some rebuilding each generation? I was thinking about using that idea for a challenge of my own but thought it might be a fun twist on our challenge since we've gone through everything almost! Back to @desirae333 's update...congrats on baby #3.

@OJenn I am pretty happy with that picture wall too! Thank you for noticing it :)
    edited June 2018
    desirae333 wrote: »
    @Rawla I love it!! I may move my little house to the biggest lot now too, only makes sense of course!

Yay! We can have fun with this idea of yours together! I've decided to stay on the same lot too and build for chosen spares. :smiley:

@Rawla oooo bee keeping! I played for just a little bit last night but I was so tired. I started in Summer. So far, my sims are just terrified of thunderstorms. Peanut and Bobby kept hiding under the couch. Your new house is so cute. I love the little work room with bees! How exciting! Swings! Oh! I like the shape of your new house :) Oooo, flower arranging?! I'm excited to try that. What is the little box just before you get to the pool?

[...]

The little 'box' between the pool and the house? That is the kiddy pool. There is another style with blow-up palm trees. I am using the plain one with a fish decoration on the bottom. I only reached day four. Started with Spring. I've gotten snowflakes (nothing stuck) and rain and partly cloudy so far. No thunderstorms yet. Poor Peanut and Bobby. They need cuddles. Thanks sooo much for your comments! :smiley:

06-23-18_1-28-28_PM.png
    Post edited by Rawla on
    Hello lovelies! I have a longer update today cause I have been playing NON-STOP! Between the seasons expansion and this challenge, I can safely say, I am addicted. @debjameswhite Thanks for such a lovely comment. I think I found a site that works better imgbb? I'll try this one and see how it goes, if not I will switch over to puush.

On with the update!

06_22_18_3_04_04_PM.png

It was love day and these two instantly showed their love. There's always plenty of this happening in the household, but today was the perfect day to have a little more PDA.

06_22_18_3_05_20_PM.png

Even Calliope participated and gave her mom a daisy for the special day.

06_22_18_3_07_46_PM.png

Serenity wasn't really able to participate, but Shane made sure that he showed all three of his girls some love. He bought roses for Julie and Callie and spent a little time with the youngest. I swear, he actually enjoys this!

06_22_18_3_18_42_PM.png

Later that evening was all about these two. The called the Nanny and went on a much needed date. It's been a LONG time since the two of them had some time with just the two of them.

06_22_18_3_41_39_PM.png

Calliope was a little sad that she wasn't able to go to the restaurant with her parents, so she and Shane spent some quality time on the swings. Even though it was a little chilly at night.

06_22_18_3_34_12_PM.png

Julie's getting real close to that baby coming!

06_22_18_3_42_18_PM.png
    06_22_18_3_48_10_PM.png

Speaking of babies, it was time for Serenity to shed those diapers! She grew up into a very cute, but grumpy little girl. Callie also looked to enjoy her sisters scowl ...

06_22_18_3_50_46_PM.png

All things aside, the two actually got along quite well. They even got to be good friends.

06_22_18_3_52_08_PM.png
    06_22_18_3_52_17_PM.png

The spent that day pretty differently Callie LOVES being outside and so she is constantly on the swings or the monkey bars. Serenity chooses to be indoors more often and is either being a smarty pants, watching tv or playing with toys.

06_22_18_3_53_49_PM.png
    06_22_18_3_54_02_PM.png

I felt like the family was missing something so we adopted some puppies! I originally just wanted one but these two were both Pitbulls and absolutely adorable so we got them both. The first is a boy named Donner, and the second is a girl named Freya.

06_22_18_3_57_29_PM.png

It wasn't long after the puppies were adopted that Julie went into labor with their third little girl, Harper. Enough children (and girls) for this generation!

06_22_18_3_59_20_PM.png

Forever the troublemaker...

06_22_18_4_05_57_PM.png

Calliope is getting really good at the monkey bars. I don't think I said, but Shane wants to have a successful lineage, so part of that means that one of his kids needs to master a skill. With Calliope being the eldest (and so far my fave), she was the one I was putting to the task!

06_22_18_4_18_53_PM.png
    06_22_18_4_31_53_PM.png

Out of all three girls, Harper is the closest to her daddie's skin tone. Ironically, their skin tones go from lighter to darker in their birth order...

06_22_18_4_32_04_PM.png
    06_22_18_4_39_15_PM.png

The pups aged up! Donner first, Freya second. I can't wait for these two to have pups of their own! Donner is the troublemaker of the two (he literally has that trait) but they are both adventurous and quite loveable. Donner is Julie's and Freya is Shane's.

06_22_18_6_00_08_PM.png
    06_22_18_6_00_34_PM.png

Speaking of Shane and Julie, it was time for these two to enter their middle age years! I was pretty sad to see them age up, but with three kids, it makes sense!

06_22_18_6_15_26_PM.png

As a present to the founders, I put a lot of money into a very cute kitchen for the family. I am LOVING this mint colour these days.

06_22_18_6_20_39_PM.png

Little Harper was the next to grow up and Oh. My. Goodness. she is cute! Someone inherited her daddie's looks FOR SURE! It was also at this point that I realized my house was very dark so I bought some new lights. I apologize for the dark photos.

06_22_18_6_30_22_PM.png

Harper was not happy that she had to go to bed so soon after she aged up. She seems to be all daddy except for mommy's eyes!

06_22_18_6_33_42_PM.png

Someone is trying to take the place of troublemaker in this family. Serenity is far too thrilled about this!

06_22_18_6_36_18_PM.png

My main man looking all distinguished. He is still a heartthrob. Fun fact, not sure if I shared this but Shane is my all-time fave sim that I ever made and Julie was one of the first sims I ever created, back when the CAS demo was out.

06_22_18_6_42_53_PM.png

Yep, definitely the grumpy one.

That's it for the update! I hope its not too long! All I have left to share is the new house! I decided that I was going to do what I said and keep the family on the same lot. I will use the build challenge to build a custom home for every spare. So I may end up going into the other worlds too. But, the heir or heiress will stay on this lot, and I will probably give the home a tiny bit of a makeover to suit the new heir. So, here is the house...

06_23_18_7_01_33_AM.png
    06_23_18_7_01_43_AM.png
    06_23_18_7_01_40_AM.png

I actually built this one and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I did move them to the largest lot, because that's legacy style. I am no builder but I have to say, I really liked doing this home! Once the home is decorated to its full-potential, I will share the inside as well!

Again, thanks for all the comments and love. I hope this update wasn't too long, I just wanted to share up until where I got today! Look forward to seeing your updates too!
    @desirae333 I don't know where to begin except to say love love LOVE your latest update! The puppies! <3 The girls growing up! <3 The romantic date between mom and dad! <3 Yay for another troublemaker daughter. lol The floorplan of your house is amazing! I wish I could come up with floorplans half as good as yours.
    Hang on tight Zorth. Looks like Jax'za's homeworld has taken an interest in you. Hope they can fly straight in the rain.

06-23-18_12-09-31_PM.png
    Patchy the straw man. 06-23-18_12-54-46_PM.png
    edited June 2018
    Looks like some nighttime swinging is bringing them both some fun. (She's feeling a bit nauseous lately. I wonder...)
    06-23-18_1-17-24_PM.png

Jax'za's homeworld must have noticed too because.... Yup, they took him again shortly after they went inside to get ready for bed.
    06-23-18_1-21-43_PM.png

P.S. It has been confirmed. Jax'za is pregnant! (baby bump)06-23-18_1-55-31_PM.png
    Post edited by Rawla on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top