Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick question Kitten2kitten2 needs help they are new to the forums

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
If I patch today will the patch be affective on the stuff packs I don't have yet like laundry day romantic garden stuff when I do eventually get them ?
I know silly question

Happy simming
Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on

Comments

• Options
    LairaLaira Posts: 39 Member
    I think so. But I don't think you can download any new packs if you don't have the last patch. The game will automatically patch when you download the new stuff pack.
  • Options
    thank you Laira I will patch later as I'm seeing lots of reports of bugs after this patch I will have to risk it as I'm getting the urge to play the game I'm trying to update all my saves ready for seasons wich I won't be able to get till the price goes down a little
    Thanks again and happy simming
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Don't worry about the bugs (if you don't have any mods or CC), nothing I have found so far are game breaking. At least for me, the only thing I have came across so far was one of the grills is missing it's lid.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Don't worry about the bugs (if you don't have any mods or CC), nothing I have found so far are game breaking. At least for me, the only thing I have came across so far was one of the grills is missing it's lid.

That's good to hear , I'm going to play sometime tomorrow then I have no mads of cc
    I can rest easy knowing I can play it tomorrow

Happy simming everyone

• Options
    Kitten2kitten2Kitten2kitten2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sooo not to steal light on the forum, but I’m new to this and don’t know how to post my own question: My sim’s grandfather recently died. She collexted his earn, released his spirit, etc. I log into my account today to find he is ALIVE (NOT A GHOST) and has MOVED INTO A HOUSE OF HIS OWN. I check her simology, and it still says he’s dead... anyone know what’s going on??? Is he still her grandfather or....
  • Options
    Kitten2kitten2Kitten2kitten2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Collected* urn*
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Welcome to the forums @Kitten2kitten2
    I don't think the OP will mind you asking here considering the title of this thread. It kind of fits. I don't know the answer other than sometimes I have experienced clones in my game also. Not the ones I made on the cloning machine either. If you have set the ability for sims to fill the houses I'd go play that doppelgänger sim and see what his relationships are. Personally I love it when stuff like this happens.. but that's just me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    hello & welcome Kitten2kitten2 I don't mind at all please use this if it gets the help you nedd
    As hermitgirl said it sometimes happens , rosemow might know the answer
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Just gonna add an @rosemow so they might see this thread and be able to help @Kitten2Kitten2 out.

Personally, I think he's just a sim the game generated that looks like your old sim. But, I also had a ghost once in my game he had a family (while as a ghost) with a living sim. He had two little girls and time passed and his family aged and died, but he was left alone in that house. One day while in Manage Worlds I hovered over the house and found he was a living person again still living in that house. So, I've seen the game resurrect dead people before. I guess the only way to know if he's really your dead sim is if you go introduce your family to him. Then, you can hover your mouse over him in the relationship bar and see if they're related? (husband/wife would have been terminated at death, so use a child or sibling)

Also, thanks OP for helping a new person out :smile:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sooo not to steal light on the forum, but I’m new to this and don’t know how to post my own question: My sim’s grandfather recently died. She collexted his earn, released his spirit, etc. I log into my account today to find he is ALIVE (NOT A GHOST) and has MOVED INTO A HOUSE OF HIS OWN. I check her simology, and it still says he’s dead... anyone know what’s going on??? Is he still her grandfather or....

Hello @Kitten2kitten2
    Wekcime to the forums :)
    It may be best to add the sim to your sims household, and wait for him to pass away again.
    There is an issue as when sims pass away, they still remain in the game data but are hidden, which means sometimes errors can occur, and Sims that should still be dead /hidden aren’t. This sounds like what has occurred in your game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Welcome to the forum, @Kitten2kitten2! I gave you an awesome, to help boost your rating. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/