Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening and bees with fall and winter seasons

So I am guess we can't garden and the bees go into a sleep (haven't even tried those two seasons though) during those seasons but I was wondering, we can create hothouses right? Which enable us to garden during those seasons?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Can’t speak on the bees but if you add a glass roof over your plants, they will grow no matter the season. After adding the roof, if you hover over a plant it needs to say Sheltered so you know that it’s working.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    If you put plants indoors they are fine. Bees still sleep though. I made a greenhouse and deleted the floor so I didn't have to use planters.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can’t speak on the bees but if you add a glass roof over your plants, they will grow no matter the season. After adding the roof, if you hover over a plant it needs to say Sheltered so you know that it’s working.

Oh. Just a roof? I thought we needed a whole structure?
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    So in answer to your question, plants that are "sheltered" (indoors) will be in season all year round. If they're outdoors when they're in season depends on the plant.

As for the bee's, I'm not sure if the sheltering thing applies to them too. What I do know is that they are supposed to be active during all seasons except for winter.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
    Wonderful. Thanks guys :smiley:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Nope, you don’t need walls at all. Just a glass roof
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Nope, you don’t need walls at all. Just a glass roof

That is so cool. And also a bit strange. But what I am saying. Its the Sims :lol: Thanks Chazzzy.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I have a greenhouse and the plants are fine; but I noticed that the bees are sleeping. I am not sure if they will continue to make honey or not while hibernating though as winter just started in my game.