Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This isn't very attractive to look at

Comments

• Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think there is also a bug in Windenburg sky. Look at the clouds on the mountains :/
    wdSyvek.png

Zooming in.
    4fw4EgE.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    @Simanite Did you delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder? That file, for some reason, causes issues whenever CC or mods are changed. Even if one piece is removed, that file can cause glitches. I've gotten into the habit of deleting mine every time before I start the game so I won't forget. Maybe you could try to delete the file and then repair the game.

Also, are you on a laptop? If so, try turning laptop mode off or on, or try graphics on another setting.

Sorry you're having these issues. :(
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I'll have to wait until the next thunderstorm in my game to get a look at it, but I think I caught a glimpse of it in my game but it didn't look terrible because it was super blurry, like looking at buildings through super dense rain and all you can see is the outlines.

I saw it about an hour ago and thought "hm, that's a nice touch" so I don't think whatever's happening in your game is happening in mine.

That said; my eyes aren't the best so I'll zoom right out during my next daytime thunderstorm and take a proper look and get back to you.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    I have the same problem even when I'm not playing with CC:
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Looks nothing like that in my game.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I’m assuming you’ve already tried this, but have you turned down some of the graphics settings to see if it makes any difference? Have you tried a fresh mod and CC free save? At least then you’d know if the problem were with a mod or CC item and could begin weeding through them. I’m sorry you’re having difficulties! That’s no fun at all.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I have this exact same problem. I have no mods/CC - I am completely vanilla. I was under the impression that this was intended but I guess not... I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M and have had zero problems with running my game so far other than the usual glitches and bugs that everyone seems to suffer from. I just thought it was the art style and now I am worried!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I’m assuming you’ve already tried this, but have you turned down some of the graphics settings to see if it makes any difference? Have you tried a fresh mod and CC free save? At least then you’d know if the problem were with a mod or CC item and could begin weeding through them. I’m sorry you’re having difficulties! That’s no fun at all.

I understand if you want seasons to look right you need to shut off lap top mode if you have it on and make sure your pc is capable of at least very high, preferably Ultra settings. At least that is what I gather from talking with various simmers on facebook and on twitter.

I have only played in BB so far - although my sim, did go to the Hijinx Festivale in MS and it did rain - it looked normal but with rain added. I am playing Spring so perhaps the season makes a difference. I have each season set for 28 days. I run a 2 year old fairly high end 8 core desk top gaming machine so everything is on Ultima or very High.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I don't even have seasons and I have had an issue with my graphics every since the last update...no one is addressing this over at EA even though several are having the same issues with graphics Pre-seasons.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I have this exact same problem. I have no mods/CC - I am completely vanilla. I was under the impression that this was intended but I guess not... I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M and have had zero problems with running my game so far other than the usual glitches and bugs that everyone seems to suffer from. I just thought it was the art style and now I am worried!

@GracieO312 I have the same graphics card as you and experience this problem but no others graphics-wise. It's not a deal breaker for me though but I sure do hope it's a bug. I might see if my drivers need updating as that could cause it I guess.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    @hannaaj22 yeah that could be the issue... I have no idea how you update graphics drivers though. Would you mind helping me out with that since we have the same card?
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    @GracieO312 I sent you a message :smile:
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    So do you guys think it's a bug or intentional?
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Maybe it's smog? LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

Intentional.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Marco50 wrote: »

Intentional.

I don't even like how the game looks and the weather I wish I could just not have it the game doesn't even look good.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I have the same probems. I play with highest graphic settings. Has anyone turned down the graphics settings to see if it makes any difference?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    At some point in any game the back drop will look fake/out of place. It's pretty much impossible to make any game where things like this won't happen and it's even worse in TS4 since the majority of the world is back drop. You can notice it even in rpg games where there is a lot of instanced and back drop content. Most of the time during play people don't fixate on it enough to be a deal breaker.

That being said I did see that at least two people with this issue have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 and maybe the 900 series in general. That isn't too surprising because it is an older card and has only 2gb of effective memory which is kind of low. It has no windows 10 support which indicates it's age and the fact you can get it for around $100 now. It may just be your card's limitations, TS4 is a deceptively high demanding game. Don't let the cartoon look fool you, you do need a pretty decent rig to actually have the best visuals and manage lag.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    So I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and here are my results in Windenburg, these were taken seconds apart (I disabled rain in game settings to get the clear pic). So I wonder if it’s a NVIDIA issue?
    g7ZXMJ8.jpg
    ITF6uIH.jpg

• Options
    victor20031977victor20031977 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Dutchysim said:
    > I think there is also a bug in Windenburg sky. Look at the clouds on the mountains :/
    >
    >
    > Zooming in.

I have exactly the same problem. What should I do? Can someone help? It's not "comfortable" to look at this.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I have an Nivida and I can check once I get home.

Do you guys have post processing fx on or off?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited July 2018
    DeKay wrote: »
    I have an Nivida and I can check once I get home.

Do you guys have post processing fx on or off?

My settings are
    Graphics quality: Ultra
    Sims and lighting: very high
    Everything else: high
    Post processing fx: on

Edit to remove double quote
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here are a couple from my game.

CBKuD4w.png

dWFGbho.png

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    OK this has to be a bug/issue with my game card because it CANNOT be a design choice it looks awful. :angry:

42916091792_daa64fda1b_o.png

29093076938_86b8a79b6f_o.png

42965941421_904bf8e158_o.png

42965941221_c5e8a805b8_o.png

If I zoom in real close it goes normal.

42965941061_0c26245852_o.png

42965940891_cd4a42a8a7_o.png

42965940781_cf96c08ddf_o.png

28096661577_914cc8ce1d_o.png

28096661327_ef5a6851ff_o.png

Even in other worlds.

29093188518_37e93a868e_o.png

42064031425_0b4414c9dc_o.png

Then lo and behold as the weather changed from cloudy to partly cloudy it went back to normal!

42965939221_c27bb2b242_o.png

28096660387_33622f7c85_o.png

I've notice this as well. Atleast when it's cloudy and or raining some of the buildings look fogged over and the city view is poor.