Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is your game running with Seasons?

Comments

• ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    The game is still running super smooth (high performance gaming laptop) except for when I go to change wallpaper. Then it becomes laggy :/ only while placing the wallpaper though.

Haven't noticed anything else, except for the event planning bug, but I feel like I've been spending a lot of time in B/B mode because I moved as soon as I got seasons.
    The event planning bug is kiiinda getting on my nerve though haha. I'll plan it, it won't show in calendar but if you try to plan it again to see what happens, the time will be greyed out saying you already planned an event. It won't come though and then you'll notice it's gone into the slot of the next holiday or on a random day in 2 weeks time. Hope they fix it before my sim daughter's birthday! I'm a week away from Christmas and I wanted to have some dinner parties and stuff too. Disappointing. Guess I'll just have to prepare food early and wing it with my cellphone instead :neutral:
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2018
    Admittedly I haven't played extensively, but I haven't encountered any bugs or performance issues. I only have one visual issue with the city backdrop but that may be graphics card related.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    Smooth with bugs caused by seasons; I have a lag bug and the claim beds action doesn't work anymore.
    I also have mods and cc running.

Claim bed issue is probably mod related.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have some lag in build/buy mode, I have some minor animation glitches in live mode like skipping I guess you could call it. My Sims will start a motion, get a little stuck and then complete the motion skipping the motions in between. It's not all the time but it is happening occasionally. None of them are game breaking or even all that distracting, I'm having such a ball with this pack and noticing all the great little details they added.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I haven't notices any bugs yet and my game is running no different than before.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    It's a little weird but I have found that my game has been running smoother since the pre-seasons patch, and has been running seasons fine so far.

That said, just prior to getting seasons I did have to do a clean out of my mods folder because I had a bunch of cc that would be obsolete when seasons released (a bee box, a sprinkler, a bunch of cosmetic overrides for plants just to mention a few) and a lot of the mods I put to the side are script mods, so that might account for how well my game is running now.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    I think I’ve been one of the lucky ones.. knock on wood :lol: I haven’t experienced any of the bugs that others have had since the patch and release and I have tons of cc and mods!
  • JSpurlock85JSpurlock85 Posts: 11 New Member
    good except that the skill cheats don't work and I have some lag
  • mollybrooke22mollybrooke22 Posts: 11 New Member
    I also have a gaming pc so it’s running fine performance wise. However, I have noticed a few minor bugs with this pack. One being the event bug where it schedules on a different day than I scheduled it for. I kind of found a work around until a patch. I noticed it will schedule the event 4 days after the day I am scheduling the event for. For example, if i schedule the event for a Monday, it will schedule it on that Friday. So I just figure out what day I need to schedule it for to have it schedule on the correct day. If that makes sense lol at least I can schedule in advanced!
  • AodraAodra Posts: 5 New Member
    I have barely played it since getting Seasons since I'm trying to upload a build I did for it but it just sits there... thinking about uploading... until I close it. I'm too stubborn to stop trying.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have experienced bugs but it’s still running pretty smoothly... no performance issues. For example, I’m not getting the build/buy lag people mentioned where there’s a lag with placing floors and walls etc.
    Post edited by Lomelindi7 on
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Was playing it for a good couple of hours straight. Performance wise it hasn't stuttered or anything at all, but the specs for my gaming laptop are more than decent to handle it. Bugs haven't affected my performance in the least. The fireplaces seem to be working now? Wasn't before but they are now. Then the bug for the scheduling events randomizing on the calendar rather than the day you wanted (i just don't use it for now holidays work fine though).

Hasn't interfered with any gameplay or anything I've noticed to make things less enjoyable. There hasn't been anything gamebreaking where it's unplayable or frustrating.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    My game is a bit laggy, but it's always been that way since my computer isn't the best. It's most definitely not because of Seasons, so I guess mine is the same as always.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    My game is a bit laggy, but it's always been that way since my computer isn't the best. It's most definitely not because of Seasons, so I guess mine is the same as always.

Same!
  • Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    I have some lag in build/buy mode, I have some minor animation glitches in live mode like skipping I guess you could call it. My Sims will start a motion, get a little stuck and then complete the motion skipping the motions in between. It's not all the time but it is happening occasionally. None of them are game breaking or even all that distracting, I'm having such a ball with this pack and noticing all the great little details they added.

Same for me. My sim starts to do something, then he skips to the next actions, does it and suddenly, just goes back to the first place he was. It's weird but not game breaking since it only happens once or twice everytime I play.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    A few bugs but not enough to bother me
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    A few things have popped up like my sim will randomly teleport, the paths they should walk around objects seems to be having a funny 5 minutes with me and there is a little lag when my sim is running to places but all in all, I knew there would be a few problems with the new game so I'm not too worried as fixes will come when they are ready.
  • CrownPrincessUchihaCrownPrincessUchiha Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a high end gaming computer and with my Mods and CC folder, the game doesn't work and continues to send me to the "select world" page. Without my Mods folder installed, the game runs perfectly and all the seasons are so BEAUTIFUL. Its hard for me to play without CC and Mods though. :(
  • mossbossmossboss Posts: 31 Member

This has been happening to me as well, but the skipping issue specifically started a few months ago for me.
    This is with and without mods, also.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have a high end gaming computer and with my Mods and CC folder, the game doesn't work and continues to send me to the "select world" page. Without my Mods folder installed, the game runs perfectly and all the seasons are so BEAUTIFUL. Its hard for me to play without CC and Mods though. :(

Do you use MCCC? Go get the newest version of it and that should solve the problem of sending you back to the world’s screen. It’s possible other script mods could cause that, but I know for a fact that mine was caused by MCCC until I got the latest version
  • Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    Since the latest update sims fps has significantly raised.
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    It's been okay so far except for one incident of a Sim just freezing in place no matter what I tried to have him do. It was a change from him constantly wanting to pet the dog, which I assumed was just to reassure himself or the dog during a thunderstorm.
    Oh and one error message when I tried to have a group of sims travel. Odd, because the first travel action went fine. I don't know if the error came up because they were trying to travel to an empty restaurant or if the error caused the employees to disapepar from the restaurant, but either way, the sims did all shw up, still in their group.
    image.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Running great on our two gaming PCs.

Minor bugs like the claim bed thing not working and not being able to ask on a date. I don’t use mods or cc.
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    I have a family of 5, mom, dad, toddlertwins and a cat. Mom freezes up and does not move no matter what you tell her to do, so she gets cranky and hungry just standing there. Husband can still talk to her though and she does look at the cat and the toddler moving around her, but it is as if her feet got stuck in cement somehow. Going in to build mode, saving, nothing helps. I quit the game for now, will check again tomorrow.
  • Ksimmer1217Ksimmer1217 Posts: 19 Member
    My game lets me create a household, and place them on a lot but then when I click on the lot to play it starts to load then it says error might need to restart the game and it hasn't worked since I downloaded the seasons' pack last night.