Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The horror of camping with kids in Salvador [My story]

So here i thought it was going to be fun to let my father sim go with his three youngest kids into the jungle... but
O.. M.. G what a HORROR it was!

I thought i was prepared with a tent, lamp, foodbox and 2 poisons (had no idea what the dragon fly fire thing was for, but assumed i would need it at some point in this strange game).
I even had one of the kids buy that bottle, cause it sounded 'cool' and he is a cool kid xD I didnt take it serious though. I learned.. I learned.

Since only the adult sims can cut open the secret gates, i had the kids play around and one take beautiful pictures. She is an art lover so i thought to let her build up some skills already and explore her interest in this beautiful world.. or not so beautiful since the horror was about to begin.

Father opened 2 gates. I had no idea where that knife in his inventory came from, but i was thankful and used it greatly. He lost his bag after the first gate and I was too afraid to let him be adventurous and go after it, so bye personal belongings! It was still funny at that point of the jungle camping trip. The second door was about him following a Jaguar or sneak away. Of course i choose the safe option, cause HEY he has 3 kids to think about and my target was to just camp.. not explore.. As if I had a choice.
The jungle was full of terrors waiting for me to come closer and closer.
The bats that came out with my sim after he came safely out of the second gate scared me a bit, but nothing happened. Was that it? I thought. Easy peazy lemon squeezy!

When it was getting late in the afternoon, I decided it was a nice place to open the tent with a great view of the cliff (if thats how you call it). I thought I passed safely through the 'dangerous' gates, at least thats what I thought. They were nothing compared to what was about to happen. I had no idea!
Food: check! sleep: check!, toilet bush: check! I thought that would cover the basic needs. I opened the fire, grilled some hotdogs and chilled by the fire. Along the way some of them got attacked by spiders and one by the dragon flies which one of my kids used that special bottle he purchased for. What a coincidence! But hey, what can those tiny little cute flies cause to harm you? Not much right? Ha ha..

Hanging around the campfire while the sun slowly goes down. It was nice. The birds were chirping and the night animals slowly made their way into the jungle. How nice!

22_6_18_0_23_59.png

One of my kids started to smell pretty bad and i could not let him sleep in the tent and disturb the others, so i let him go back to the base and take a quick shower before it got dark. The child had a long way to go and at some point I thought 'why is he taking so long and still didnt shower?' I searched him through the jungle and there i found him.. burned. WHAT HAPPENED?! I didnt get it. It was already dark, but he had to shower, so i sended him back, but i was a bit scared and not knowing what to expect of this creepy jungle anymore. How did he get burned? Then he got bitten by a bunch of spiders.. AGAIN! I could manage to get him to the shower and come back to eat some grilled hotdogs above the fire. He was still burned though, so 1 shower didnt help. But I couldnt let him wonder again alone through the jungle and god knows what would happen the third time. So I decided to just change his clothes after, maybe that would work.

22_6_18_0_30_57.png

Everyone was done eating and listened to fathers scary ghost story. Little did they know...
I send them off to bed with a hug for father. Before he could receive... he got attacked by.. YES the freaking dragon flies. First I laughed. Oh what could they do. They were probably the smallest risk in this jungle. Soon he caught on fire! My smile just froze on my face and all the children were screaming and crying. It even started to sound like they screamed 'daddy!'. It was horrible! 3 kids kept screaming for a full hour and my father sim was just trying to save himself. I now understood what happened to my other kid, but hey.. if he could survive, then so would his dad it thought. Then it started to take a bit too long and the kids would not stop screaming to their father who was fighting for his life. I had no way if helping him or using anything in my inventory. I could only........ watch. Watch him die... together with his kids. What a great trip that was guys! Father took you out for a great camping trip, without knowing the dangers of the jungle and then you could watch him die! AMAZING! NEVER AGAIN!

22_6_18_0_37_52.png

I could not bare to save this game, even though I always go along with whatever happened, but it was truly horrible. I tried it again starting from the campfire (thank god i saved every 5 min).
The second try, all the kids went safely to bed. Whenever they are in the tent, i can relax.
Father sit 1 min outside and already got attacked by bats. the jungle does not let you rest! LUCKILY he could escape cause he was fit enough (OK! didnt knew it worked like that... sims logic). When i tried to let father go to bed, he couldnt enter. Have no idea why! There was enough space for more then 3 in that big tent, so you tell me why. So sadly.. I had to let him sleep in the bush. The dirty nasty bush everyone of them went to toilet in.. YAK! He is now sleeping in that and it all just looks sad and pathetic.

22_6_18_0_54_03.png

Next thing in the morning I AM GONE! AS FAST AS I CAN! AND I WILL NEVER EEEEEEEVER EVER EVER CAMP WITH KIDS AGAIN xD

PS: I hope i can make it out there alive...

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It looks like you lasted longer than I did. I attempted to take a pair of twin toddlers. Lets just say, two minutes after I started, I ended up stopping the game, and deleting that game save.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    It looks like you lasted longer than I did. I attempted to take a pair of twin toddlers. Lets just say, two minutes after I started, I ended up stopping the game, and deleting that game save.

Good lord, toddlers? That must have been fun :p
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    This is why I usually just have the parents venture into the jungle alone & leave the kids back at the lodging.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    This is HILARIOUS. Gotta try this out soon! I think I'll create a new family just for this specifically.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Sweeties29 wrote: »
    This is HILARIOUS. Gotta try this out soon! I think I'll create a new family just for this specifically.

Be prepared :p
    I have to admit that it was kind of funny to explore this and the horror that came with it. It should be like this in real too, so for once the sims game did not go to soft on me. Gotta give them credit for the realism :p