Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE NEED MORE INSTRUMENTS!

A couple years ago or something I posted a discussion begging for new instruments. A couple years later I am STILL begging for new instruments. Even if it comes in the form of a game pack or stuff pack, I'll pay for it. JUST PLEASE. Only having the piano, guitar, and violin is nowhere NEAR enough in terms of music. We need all the orchestral/concert instruments! I'm talking woodwinds and brass and the rest of the string family. It'd also be cool if there was a different musical career path, like to be an orchestral musician rather than a rock star. Something that follows a more traditional instrumental path than like a vocalist.

Y'all leave more music ideas below and pray that the creators read this and take it into consideration.
really though...we need more musical instruments.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Vampires Pack added the organ.
    City Living Pack added singing.

The only instrument I think that’s missing is drums. Trumpets would be cool but I feel drums would be more universally desirable.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would like to have a recorder.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd love to have the harp added.
    6riwm5.png
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I'd love to have more instruments too! Clarinet, saxophone, drums, harp, cello, trombone, etc. But I would be happy with only one or two Added to the game :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want drums.

UBvFX7A.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I would count the DJ thingy as an instrument as well, but yes, more ways of making music are always welcome! They should only come with new skills if they are really new instruments, though, because I still find it weird that Piano and Pipe Organ are two different skills even though the corresponding instruments play pretty much the same.

I'd love to have drums, harps, and flutes in the game. And while we're at it, can we please get a smaller version of the piano (that isn't a keyboard)? I'm currently using a CC piano that looks like the wooden thing from TS2 to make up for that oversight.
  • PixelatedSnowflakePixelatedSnowflake Posts: 9 New Member
    It seems like a lot of people want drums. Pay attention, Sim programmers.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Drums, flutes, trumpets, and saxaphones would be epic. People could make a jazz band in the game to play at restaurants
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    there's a pack with a keyboard... I've seen it in a lets play
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    We need bands with lead singers, that'll add the instruments. I waiting for this to happen. I hope it happens soon.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Here's what I'd like to see added:

-Saxaphones

-Banjos

-Clarinets

-Accordions

-Flutes

-Harmonicas

-Trombones

-Tubas

-Drums

-Trumpets

-Xylophones

-French Horns

-Upright Piano(think of Wild West saloons)

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • nervousnervous Posts: 113 Member
    It seems like a lot of people want drums. Pay attention, Sim programmers.

yes!!! when i was typing the original post out I didn't even think about that but drums would be awesome
    really though...we need more musical instruments.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    As a drummer I want drums! Also the clarinet or the saxophone and then if I made my sim self she could play the correct instruments (since we already have piano)
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    nervous wrote: »
    A couple years ago or something I posted a discussion begging for new instruments. A couple years later I am STILL begging for new instruments. Even if it comes in the form of a game pack or stuff pack, I'll pay for it. JUST PLEASE. Only having the piano, guitar, and violin is nowhere NEAR enough in terms of music. We need all the orchestral/concert instruments! I'm talking woodwinds and brass and the rest of the string family. It'd also be cool if there was a different musical career path, like to be an orchestral musician rather than a rock star. Something that follows a more traditional instrumental path than like a vocalist.

Y'all leave more music ideas below and pray that the creators read this and take it into consideration.

Yes like harps and Chellos and flutes and trumpets and base guitars and moreeeeeeeee. Also we could have stages so you could have a concert!!!!!!!1
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I don't even know how sims in the sims universe managed to play the guitar without a belt whilst standing. Must be magic. I play the guitar in real life and it's just not how a person plays it.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I would definitely love a set of drums and an electric bass.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • beckyZOOMbeckyZOOM Posts: 56 Member
    Drums, sax, trumpet, cello, clarinet, recorder (this would be awesome as a thing for kids.)

Ability for teens to make a band, record music together. I REALLY actually only have started thinking more about this as my current teen is quite punky and plays the guitar.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I'd love to see more instruments. I like the keybaord it functions just a bit different than the piano. Definitely need harps, drums, trumpets, maybe a clarinet, saxophone (I need me some careless whisper), bass... Though when they do I'd like them to also do a overhaul with sims being able to form a band of sorts and just being able to play together.

They can definitely sing while playing the piano/keyboard and guitar. Really would like this to change soon.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Amen on the drums. This drummer agrees.
    We could do with electric guitars or bass guitars.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Amen on the drums. This drummer agrees.
    We could do with electric guitars or bass guitars.

We have an Electric Guitar. It's the Grimm's Ghoulish Guitar.

I'd quite like a sprite for an Upright Piano. We have TWO Grand Piano sprites. An upright piano would be cheaper and take up less space.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    err, the grimm's goulish guitar is still classed as an acoustic. I don't see any amp when using it!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited June 2018
    I want all of the instruments. I want to play in a garage band with my friends, but I also want to be able to play all of the classical band and orchestra instruments you'd have in school. I want to be able to play together as a large band/orchestra. I want children to be able to learn the recorder. Some sort of celebrity system would be awesome alongside more musical options.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims series has NEVER seen a playable woodwind or brass instrument (the snake charming instrument is a legitimate world woodwind, BUT it's not really counted as an instrument by the game).

Saxophones are somehow taunted all over the place in signs in both TS3 and TS4, but we can't have one playable. Do the developers think this is funny?
    4QHfVVv.png
    XbuWKQ8.png
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I do like how Sims 4's base game has the most instruments, but yeah, by now we could use drums and bass guitars so our sims can form a band just like in Late Night
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I'd be cool with a few more instruments
    • Harp
    • Drums
    • Pan Pipes
    • Harmonica
    • Glass Harmonica would be quit cool as a fun stand alone
    • Steel drums in a tropical location
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett