Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim resets while excavating dig sites

puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
As the title says, I have a sim who keeps getting hard reset while doing WA excavations. The reset is comprehensive enough to restart her dream manager as well as her needs. When it happens, she finds a relic and is instantaneously back at base camp, and ET throws an error that's long enough to make my eyes glaze over. The reset common but not inevitable—it's happened three times in five vacations' worth of digging (so maybe ~15 sites in total). The first two times were in China and the third in Egypt. I thought that it would only happen when she found the first relic in a new collection, but the most recent relic to cause this reset was the second Horus of the Sky (?) in her inventory. (For what it's worth, she's never been reset in a tomb for any reason.)

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Or more importantly, what I can do to stop it? It's getting really annoying. This hasn't happened to the other sim in the household, although he's only been around for two of the trips and probably six to eight excavations.

Edit to add: I have a bunch of nraas mods, including ErrorTrap, Overwatch, MasterController, DebugEnabler, and Traveler, but currently no cc or mods from other sites.
Post edited by puzzlezaddict on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We would need to see this ErrorTrap log in order to help determine why this might be happening.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How To Upload

You could also send it up to Pastebin or some other file holding location and I could take a look, but already from the description I suspect that our developer's input would be needed back at NRaas as I'm not familiar with this sequence of events causing such an error/reset.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I should have posted this earlier, but I was busy lazy. As suggested, I headed over to nraas as suggested, uploaded the ET log, and posted a description of the problem. In a few hours, I had confirmation that the problem was just another EA bug, and the very helpful developer recommended a mod to address it (one of buzzler's this time).

Moral of the story: listen to igazor when he offers advice (we already know this) ask nraas people for help (obviously, or many of us wouldn't be here) EA's version of TS3 has more bugs than we can count (in other news, the sky is blue) whatever, it worked, there's a decent solution, and I can add one more mod to the pile. Why not, it's not like I was ever going to go back to playing vanilla.