Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this normal (weather forecast)?

Qh59mFp.png
As you can see in the calendar, all days during summer have a "Partially Cloudy" weather forecast. Is this normal or am I having a bug? Why are there no days with "Clear Skies" even though it's summer? I have had this same forecast in Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and now Willow Creek. I haven't tested Oasis Springs yet, so I'm not sure if only hot-looking worlds can have clear skies. Also, I haven't played with other seasons yet, as I chose to start in summer, so I'm not sure if this happens with other seasons too.

Comments

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I am not even sure whether the forecast show works properly or not. I was in winter and it showed nearly all days partly/cloudy when it was snowy :neutral:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like real life! You can rarely trust the weather reports! :D

In seriousness though, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Maybe your sims just have a bad summer. Must be the UK! :D
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think that's a bug, I'm playing in summer too and my forecast had cloudy, clear skies, a thunderstorm, and heatwaves. i'm playing in willow creek too btw.
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Is the weather randomly generated? Could have just gotten dealt a bad hand XD
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I think you have to watch the weather forecast on TV for the next week’s forecast to show up on the calendar?
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    for some reason all it does is rain in my game.....
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Didn’t they say it varies depending on which neighborhood you’re in?
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Didn’t they say it varies depending on which neighborhood you’re in?

Yes, but I've tried three worlds (Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek) and in all of them I'm having this same forecast. Also, now that I have played some sim days, the forecast for the beginning of autumn is also the same (partially cloudy).
  • Options
    So, I found out that this problem is caused by some mod. I've created a new test save in Willow Creek without mods and the weather forescast was normal (different forecasts in the calendar), then I put my mods back in and the forecast went back to "Partially Cloud" every day. I just have to find out which mod is causing this.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    NotSoLucky wrote: »
    for some reason all it does is rain in my game.....

This. Thunderstorm after thunderstorm, but I like it. My forecast is just like yours though... It's always cloudy, and I'm still in the summer season.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    It very well could be a bug. My weather forecasts don't vary much...nothing but Windy in Windenburg for the Fall, nothing but Thunderstorms in Willow Creek.
  • Options
    I found out what mod was causing this. It was More Buyable Venues by LittleMsSam, I had the outdated version and I forgot to update it.
  • Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    I'm wondering if it randomizes. For most of my summer it was thunderstorms and one day was partially cloudy
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I found out what mod was causing this. It was More Buyable Venues by LittleMsSam, I had the outdated version and I forgot to update it.

I wish I had that mod installed so that I knew it was it causing this bug. But I don't have it, and I'm having this very same bug after REPAIRING the game on origin (the calendar was bugged and didn't let me plan events on the day I wanted to plan them).
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor