Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't we see weather temperature?

Wasn't weather temperature always included in previous seasons exp packs? You could even see temperature for the upcoming days in the calendar.

Comments

• Options
    RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    They only have vague temperature like hot, warm, cool and cold now. They said they’d rather put the source on other features than actual temperature
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I like this option. I imagine that what counts as "hot" to people in Oasis Springs isn't the same as what counts as "hot" to people in Windenberg.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    They gave some PR answer about how they didn’t want us concerning ourselves with numbers for temperature because it would take away from gameplay and decided it was better for all regions if they both didn’t include C or F and also didn’t include actual temperature numbers. Just Hot, Warm, Cool, and Cold is all we get.
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    meh...
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    It’s better this way if it’s hot it’s hot if it’s cold it’s cold there’s no guessing in temp.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    It dosn't bother me. I kinda like it actually.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I like it this way, cos in ts3 I was always trying to figure out how hot a certain temperature was in reality. It did kind of distract me. All I need to know is whether it's hot, cold etc.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Freezing, cold, cool, warm, hot, and whatever the top hot one is works fine for me. If the game is just going to translate a number bracket into those categories anyways for actual gameplay effect I might as well not spend my time trying to remember which one 86F/30C falls into. [Plus that's hot to some people but where I live I'm just happy its not 'actually hot yet' at that temperature]
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2018
    The Sims 3 had specific temperatures, which was very nice IMO. Although they were a bit wonky, it was a great idea.

In The Sims 2 it was done entirely different. You could only get an idea of what temperature it was from a bar next to the sim's face in the control panel. That bar was only telling the Sim's temperature and would change depending on where your sim was, so when indoors you didn't even have a vague idea of what it's like outdoors.

I don't know how I feel about TS4 Seasons changing this. Obviously, I haven't played it. I don't like simplification, but I would argue that TS2's system is worse, at least IMO. And there might be benefits to the vagueness... Meaning I can imagine what hot is. A lot of people that the mid 70s/80s are nice, but I find they range from uncomfortably warm to hot, so I could easily read 'hot' as in the mid 70s/80s or above if I played The Sims 4 Seasons.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I like it this way too. Everyone has a different idea of what degrees F/C they consider hot or cold, and this way it's just clear: the exact temperature doesn't matter, whether the game considers it cold, cool, warm, or hot, that's the only thing that matters in the sim's universe.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I like it better this way. I mean not all countries use Fahrenheit or Celsius and you can pretty much guess yourself just by looking at the thermometer and by whether it says freezing, warm, cold, cold, etc....to me freezing is blow zero and hot could be over 100 degrees (this just based on my person experiences with weather. I grew up in a desert area but too far from the mountains. Everyone's experiences is going to be different).

It makes for more interesting game play when everything is not done for us and can just making up our own when telling a story. I mean it isn't that big of deal as it doesn't really affect the game as we can still tell/know if it is too hot or cold out.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    You can see the type of weather though, bright, cloudy, stormy etc., which is better. In real life the temperature goes right down in Summer in cloudy weather and down again on clear winter nights.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It's simpler and more efficient this way
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I definitely miss seeing the actual temperature. It could show the temperature and “hot”, “cold”, etc both.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I also like it this way. I agree that the perception of the temperature can vary between the different worlds and also that players have different ideas of what is too hot and too cold.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2018
    Like others have said, its much easier that way.

I don't want to get bogged down with numbers. It would just complicate things. Besides, perceptions of temperature changes depending on what climate we are all used to. 17 degrees centigrade is quite warm to me but I am Scottish. The same temperature, to say, an Egyptian, it would be quite cool.
    giphy.gif