Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[SEASONS] Easter Egg Hunt!

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Has anyone added the Egg Hunt tradition yet? I made Easter and when the day came, there were no eggs. Apparently they’re supposed to appear in your yard and you have to collect them all to complete the tradition. I only noticed an interaction when I click on my mailbox that said “Look For Eggs” which gave me 1 egg but that’s it.

This is what the game actually says.
faswac.jpg
Post edited by Chazzzy on

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Has anyone added the Egg Hunt tradition yet? I made Easter and when the day came, there were no eggs. Apparently they’re supposed to appear in your yard and you have to collect them all to complete the tradition. I only noticed an interaction when I click on my mailbox that said “Look For Eggs” but that’s it.
    I think when I was watching someones lets play they went to the park and were finding them and my sims are having that today in the game but it hasn't started.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Has anyone added the Egg Hunt tradition yet? I made Easter and when the day came, there were no eggs. Apparently they’re supposed to appear in your yard and you have to collect them all to complete the tradition. I only noticed an interaction when I click on my mailbox that said “Look For Eggs” but that’s it.
    I think when I was watching someones lets play they went to the park and were finding them am my sims are having that today in the game but it hasn't started.

That’s what I thought originally because that makes sense, but I believe the description on the tradition says something like they’re found around your house so that confused me.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Thought this thread was about something else for a second.
    I think when I was watching someones lets play they went to the park and were finding them am my sims are having that today in the game but it hasn't started.

That’s what I thought originally because that makes sense, but I believe the description on the tradition says something like they’re found around your house so that confused me.
    I think you are but I haven't tried this holiday they had no holidays for a week.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • wheelochwheeloch Posts: 23 Member
    When you scroll over the tradition, it says "To participate, Click on objects in the world and select Hunt for Egg." It doesn't have to be in the yard - I think the only things that work there are flowers, shrubbery and the mailbox. I just had my sims search through the furniture inside my house.
    wheeloch wrote: »
    When you scroll over the tradition, it says "To participate, Click on objects in the world and select Hunt for Egg." It doesn't have to be in the yard - I think the only things that work there are flowers, shrubbery and the mailbox. I just had my sims search through the furniture inside my house.

Nice! I’ll try that
    So @Chazzzy how are you liking seasons so far?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I clicked on every object on my lot that was clickable and they has a HUNT FOR EGGS option. Beds, cabinets, trunks, couch, hot tub, etc.
  • Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    Haven't had this holiday yet - pretty excited to find out how it works.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited June 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I clicked on every object on my lot that was clickable and they has a HUNT FOR EGGS option. Beds, cabinets, trunks, couch, hot tub, etc.

Not the toilet though ?? That would be weird......

I mostly had my sims look outside, but I saw some objects had the option too.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Heh - I'm wondering what happens to the eggs you don't find. Mom would keep a count of the eggs found on Easter morning, because there was always that one egg that was too well hidden, and we defintely did not want to find it by default a couple weeks later. :smile:
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • _Christine_Christine Posts: 1 New Member
    You have to go around to different object in your home (sofa, bed, mailbox) and select "hunt for egg." I was half expecting my kid to start running around searching the house, but apparently its up to us.

Also note that there's a limited number of eggs, based on the number of hiding places available, so if you plan to have multiple sims complete the goal, be nice and share.
    Its freaking cute toddlers can collect eggs.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I thought you meant Easter eggs for the next pack.
    edited June 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    I thought you meant Easter eggs for the next pack.
    No but they do collect the easter eggs we have had in past events.
    This is freaking adorable she is looking for eggs.

36003121_668140680195940_1932022473247686656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c652f988fbe7da5137083799ea7d8fea&oe=5BBB9BE3

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    So @Chazzzy how are you liking seasons so far?

Taking all the pros, cons, and bugs into consideration, I think it’s an excellent addition to my gameplay!

$27.19 well spent :)
    Okay so the game actually says eggs are found in your yard. But in actuality, you click on items inside your house and there’s an option that says Hunt For Eggs. Very confusing.

faswac.jpg
    But he does come my sims toddler went to go see him.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My toddler had a blast looking for eggs - she'd get so excited when she found one, and puzzled when she didn't. I'll have to set up a shelf in her room - she's still missing several eggs, so I guess we're going to have to have a 'Midsummer Day' egg hunt, and an 'Autumnal Equinox' egg hunt, and if necessary, a 'Yule' egg hunt.

Her mother gave the holiday a big thumbs down because she didn't find any eggs.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

Just did the egg hunt and, yep, you can search the toilet for eggs, lol......found one there too....that one is definitely NOT a keeper, haha.

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I haven't quite gotten there yet, still in autumn in my rotations. But, I will definitely remember these great tips!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited July 2018
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

Just did the egg hunt and, yep, you can search the toilet for eggs, lol......found one there too....that one is definitely NOT a keeper, haha.

Yes, I saw that too haha! I was like "uh, no thanks, I don't want that kind of chocolates....or anything that comes out of a toilet"
    I wish the eggs had some sort of function or could be eaten instead of just sold for $10 a pop. Or maybe we should’ve had a special object to store them in or something.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I wish the eggs had some sort of function or could be eaten instead of just sold for $10 a pop. Or maybe we should’ve had a special object to store them in or something.

You can store them on shelves, desks, bookcases, etc. as decorative objects. They have the function of each raising the environment score of a room (+3 environment). There are also 2 types of eggs that glow in the dark and thus can function as a nite-lite of sorts...I place them in the toddlers/kids rooms for that purpose. When you collect all 12 types of eggs, the giant bunny stuff animal is unlocked in build/buy mode. Yeah, it would neat if sims had the ability to eat the eggs...I guess that would be novel the first time or two, but it's not like the eggs don't have a function.
    JimG72 wrote: »

You can store them on shelves, desks, bookcases, etc. as decorative objects. They have the function of each raising the environment score of a room (+3 environment). There are also 2 types of eggs that glow in the dark and thus can function as a nite-lite of sorts...I place them in the toddlers/kids rooms for that purpose. When you collect all 12 types of eggs, the giant bunny stuff animal is unlocked in build/buy mode. Yeah, it would neat if sims had the ability to eat the eggs...I guess that would be novel the first time or two, but it's not like the eggs don't have a function.

Environmental boosts do not count as function as far as I’m concerned.