Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Calendar problems

Is anyone having problems with creating future events?
As soon as I plan a future party it takes me to the party straight away. I've tried it on different days but its always the same

Comments

• pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2018
    Trying to upload a screenshot but dont know how to
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    I’m having the same issue. Tried to plan a Harvestfest dinner party for later that day and as soon as I click the tick on the event, it comes up with another pop up asking if I’m ready to go :/ Clicking yes takes you straight to the event, clicking no cancels the event entirely.
    I’m having the same issue. Tried to plan a Harvestfest dinner party for later that day and as soon as I click the tick on the event, it comes up with another pop up asking if I’m ready to go :/ Clicking yes takes you straight to the event, clicking no cancels the event entirely.

Yes! That’s exactly what happens to me :neutral:

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    I had this happen as well. I have also had an instance where I set an event for a particular day, but it shows on the calendar for a different day. I did notice that after the second time I saw this and tried to correct it, I received the message that there was already an event set for that day (though it didn't show up on the calendar itself).
  • RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    If I pick a day for an event and plan it, when I go back to the calendar it's places it on a different day than I chose?
  • Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    I have the same problem. Only with old saves.
  • sacauseysacausey Posts: 1 New Member
    My calendar does not show any holidays/events/birthdays, etc. It stays highlighted on Sunday with nothing else listed the rest of the days or weeks. I can't even create a holiday. Is it because of my mods?
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    @sacausey Try pulling your mod folder out to check. I have not seen people talking about the exact same problem you have.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I have this problem too! :(
    I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I took my mods folder out and started a new save and it stayed the same. Guess we just have to wait for the update :neutral:
    I know they are working on fixes. Hopefully we'll get a helpful patch soon!
  • Sydsimmer318Sydsimmer318 Posts: 1 New Member
    @sacausey I'm having the same problem omg its so frustrating!!
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    It has happened to me in instances of planning a parter for a later time and planning for a later date. Same day later time causes the party to start right away. Setting it for a different day and time has made the party be schedule a week and a half later than I intended. Holidays seem to be working appropriately though. I've read that this glitch was happening with existing saves and that it was working fine with new files but I have not tested that theory for my self as of yet.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Is there a limit to how many family members' schedules can be shown on the calendar? I have parents, a teen, a child, and a toddler. The Dad's, teen's, and child's schedules are listed but the Mom, who is level 4 in the Culinary career, is not showing up. I can understand nothing to show for the toddler.

4qS0hLe.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Is there a limit to how many family members' schedules can be shown on the calendar? I have parents, a teen, a child, and a toddler. The Dad's, teen's, and child's schedules are listed but the Mom, who is level 4 in the Culinary career, is not showing up. I can understand nothing to show for the toddler.

4qS0hLe.png

I'm guessing the mom doesn't work that day?

Luckily I was able to schedule a dinner party with the calendar with no issues. It's kind of weird though that you can't have a party with goals while in a holiday.....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • chocoeendjechocoeendje Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm new here, so i'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post here. But my seasons won't change, I bought the expansion on friday and started a new game, put my family in brindleton bay and chose fall to start with. Once the week was over I expected winter to start, but it didn't. Fall started again! I looked at the calander and on wednesday was winterfest, and on saturday new years but on thursday was harvestfest. The weather for the whole week would be snow, and it did snow everyday for a few hours, but no blanket of snow appeard. This second week of fall is almost over, and i really hope winter is going to start then, but what if fall starts again, then ill probably have to celebrate valentinesday, winterfest, harvestfest and new years in one week. I don't know what to do..
    I'm new here, so i'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post here. But my seasons won't change, I bought the expansion on friday and started a new game, put my family in brindleton bay and chose fall to start with. Once the week was over I expected winter to start, but it didn't. Fall started again! I looked at the calander and on wednesday was winterfest, and on saturday new years but on thursday was harvestfest. The weather for the whole week would be snow, and it did snow everyday for a few hours, but no blanket of snow appeard. This second week of fall is almost over, and i really hope winter is going to start then, but what if fall starts again, then ill probably have to celebrate valentinesday, winterfest, harvestfest and new years in one week. I don't know what to do..

Have you checked the settings to see whether it's the original time frame of 7 days? If it is try removing mods and cc as this expansion caused a lot of problems with mods.

If not, I'm afraid we all have to wait for the update which sucks but the calendar system has a lot of bugs :/
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    im having this glitch too with the calendar. either it will scedual the party now or it will scedual it weeks away instead of the date i planned the event to happen on.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • chocoeendjechocoeendje Posts: 2 New Member
    > @pkinitasims said:
    > chocoeendje wrote: »
    >
    > I'm new here, so i'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post here. But my seasons won't change, I bought the expansion on friday and started a new game, put my family in brindleton bay and chose fall to start with. Once the week was over I expected winter to start, but it didn't. Fall started again! I looked at the calander and on wednesday was winterfest, and on saturday new years but on thursday was harvestfest. The weather for the whole week would be snow, and it did snow everyday for a few hours, but no blanket of snow appeard. This second week of fall is almost over, and i really hope winter is going to start then, but what if fall starts again, then ill probably have to celebrate valentinesday, winterfest, harvestfest and new years in one week. I don't know what to do..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you checked the settings to see whether it's the original time frame of 7 days? If it is try removing mods and cc as this expansion caused a lot of problems with mods.
    >
    > If not, I'm afraid we all have to wait for the update which plum but the calendar system has a lot of bugs :/

Yeah, the time frame is on 7 days.. I've already tried it without my mods folder but that didn't help. Let's hope that update will come soon and fix everything.
    @chocoeendje Have you tried repairing your game in Origin?
  • evkriaevkria Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not sure if anyone is checking this thread anymore, but I'm having a problem with the calendar and weather all of a sudden.

Seasons worked fine for me before. I played one household and an event created by me (Halloween) passed and so did Harvestfest. Then, I switched to another household and the calendar went back a few days to before Halloween. After Halloween passed, the calendar rearranged to have Winterfest occur two days after Halloween and Harvestfest was schedule to occur the day after Winterfest. Additionally, even though its Fall, the weather is always snowy.

I also created a new family in a different world and merged them into another household. When I went to play with that merged household, the screen loaded, went back to the worlds screen and then gave me an error message "The game failed to load. Error Code: 102:c4aa9ed:eeb17472."

Not sure if these issues are related or not, but any help would be appreciated!

I've made sure to install updated versions of my bigger mods like careers. I've also visited the broken cc/mods thread to check if I had anything and removed if I did. The only items I've downloaded over the past two days have been hairstyles, some clothes and two skin tones.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have begun to suspect the random holidays aren't random.

I had to restart my game and I noticed that TV Premiere is on Thursday of the 1st week. Well, it was in my previous game. Let's hope this is a coincidence.