Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of the 27 new recipes

smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
It's taken some doing, but I'm pretty sure I have here a list of all 27 new recipes that you can learn from buying and eating food from the food stalls in San Myshuno. These aren't listed in any particular order, just in the order of which stalls I was able to find.

A few notes:
- The stalls seem to rotate, and it seems to happen overnight. Each district seems to have 1 or 2 stalls at a time, but which ones they are seems to be a toss up. The park, I think, had 4 or 5 stalls. I haven't yet figured out what (if any) regular hours any of them have. There are times when only one stall is open, or all, or none. Annoyingly, the stalls outside my sim's apartment (she lives in the Spice Market) always seem to be closing down right at 6 PM (aka dinnertime).
- I did not include the stall that serves hot dogs / tofu dogs / burgers. I also did not include the coffee & tea stall, or the cupcakes stall, or the produce stall. This is strictly a list of the stalls that have the new recipes to learn.
- You don't technically have to eat the *whole* plate / bowl of the new food, you just have to *finish* it. My sim learned a few recipes by eating new foods off abandoned plates. It seems to only matter whether or not your sim ate the last few bites.
- Learning the new recipes is sim-specific, not household. Everyone in the household would need to try a new food to learn it. I have not yet checked to see if Sim A learns the recipe and cooks it at home and Sim B eats it, whether Sim B will then learn it. That's my plan for testing tomorrow, now that I have a second sim in my sim's household.
- (updated Nov 7) I've gone through and found all the stalls in Build/Buy mode, so now included in the table is the name of the stall, and a quick description of the picture (since hovering over the food stall in live mode won't tell you which one it is). Please don't get offended by my descriptions, I was trying to just use visuals, since not everyone knows what all the pictured foods look like.

Onto the list!

Chinese Food Stall (picture: a takeout container with chopsticks)
1. Egg Rolls
2. Mapo Tofu with Pork
3. Sweet and Sour Pork
4. Sweet and Sour Eggplant
Vietnamese Food Stall (picture: bowl with noodles and pink food)
5. Goi Cuon
6. Banh Mi
7. Pho
Mexican Food Stall (picture: a burrito with a cactus in the background)
8. Taquitos
9. Empanadas
10. Bean and Cheese Burrito
11. Chicken Burrito
12. Spinach Wrapped Veggie Burrito
13. Tomato Wrapped Veggie Burrito
Japanese Food Stall (picture: a black bowl with chopsticks across it)
14. Ramen
15. Dango
16. Nigiri
17. Pufferfish Nigiri
Moroccan Food Stall (picture: a copper bowl with green food inside and an askew lid)
18. Brochette
19. Merguez
20. Tajine
Filipino Food Stall (picture: 3 food rolls with a 4th diagonally on top of them)
21. Siopao
22. Lumpia
23. Ensaymada
24. Pork Adobo
Indian Food Stall (picture: oblong bowl with orange and green food)
25. Curry
26. Samosa
27. Bhel Puri
Post edited by smoothyrus129 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :)
    It is very thoughtful and kind of you to post a list of the 27 recipes and also helpful advice about learning them.
    Thankyou! :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2016
    Nice to see a list! :smile:

Ooh, empanadas and pork! :blush: (I'm Latino.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Thabk you for the list. I'm bookmarking this to come back to if I end up missing a recipe :D
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks so much for the list! This is awesome!

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    not much here but they have added so much choice in the packs that I am grateful for some new ones.

I wish they did things like candy to tho

we have popcorn and ice cream, some candy and chocolate would be good to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    not much here but they have added so much choice in the packs that I am grateful for some new ones.

I wish they did things like candy to tho

we have popcorn and ice cream, some candy and chocolate would be good to

I buy a magazine or newspaper and a candy bar or two when I travel around in the city
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    Awesome!! Thank you @smoothyrus129 for taking the time to create this post. This will be incredibly helpful to me as I try to have my sims learn all the new recipes. Has anyone discovered what happens if you add the new dishes to a restaurant menu and your sim eats it? Do they still learn the recipe? I'm eventually planning to create some new restaurants with the new food from CL and it would be awesome if my sims could learn the new recipes eating at the restaurants too.
  • Options
    Just letting y'all know that I've updated the list a bit. I included the name of the food stall (what food type it is), as well as a quick visual description of what the picture on the top of the stall looks like, for ease of identification.
  • Options
    Just updating that I have now confirmed that if Household Sim A has learned [whatever recipe] and cooks it, and Household Sim B eats a plate, HSB will learn the recipe, as well. So, if you have multiple sims in your household and you don't want them *all* to get fat from constantly eating from the food stalls, you could rotate around: say you have 3 sims in your household and the Vietnamese food has spawned. Sim A can order and learn the Goi Cuon, Sim B can order and learn the Banh Mi, and Sim C can order and learn the Pho. Then, later, they can take turns cooking their learned recipe for the others. :)
  • Options
    Just updating that I have now confirmed that if Household Sim A has learned [whatever recipe] and cooks it, and Household Sim B eats a plate, HSB will learn the recipe, as well. So, if you have multiple sims in your household and you don't want them *all* to get fat from constantly eating from the food stalls, you could rotate around: say you have 3 sims in your household and the Vietnamese food has spawned. Sim A can order and learn the Goi Cuon, Sim B can order and learn the Banh Mi, and Sim C can order and learn the Pho. Then, later, they can take turns cooking their learned recipe for the others. :)

Hello
    Thank you for letting us know :) It is thoughtful of you to test and post the results,
    Doing that is helpful for multiple sims to learn the new recipes.
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited November 2016
    Awesome!! Thank you @smoothyrus129 for taking the time to create this post. This will be incredibly helpful to me as I try to have my sims learn all the new recipes. Has anyone discovered what happens if you add the new dishes to a restaurant menu and your sim eats it? Do they still learn the recipe? I'm eventually planning to create some new restaurants with the new food from CL and it would be awesome if my sims could learn the new recipes eating at the restaurants too.

@LadyMariketa Yes you do learn recipes from food items when eaten from the restaurant menu. I have created a restaurant and added all 27 new foods and learned the recipes that way. Much easier than waiting for the food stalls to open.

The restaurant is Fusion @ The penthouse on the gallery if anyone is interested.

Edit: to add link
    Post edited by Charliimai on
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Charliimai wrote: »

@LadyMariketa Yes you do learn recipes from food items when eaten from the restaurant menu. I have created a restaurant and added all 27 new foods and learned the recipes that way. Much easier than waiting for the food stalls to open.

The restaurant is Fusion @ The penthouse on the gallery if anyone is interested.

Edit: to add link

It is great that you have created a restaurant and added the City Living recipe meals to it ! @Charliimai :) it is great way to learn the recipes! Fusion @The Penthouse is a very nice restaurant venue for sims to enjoy visiting and dining at! Very nice rooftop level! Sims will enjoy singing using the karaoke item. Sims will have nice views of the City whilst eating their meals.
    It is very kind of you to share it with fellow simmers on the Gallery :)
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    One food item, the Filipino Ensaymadas, I just cannot find on any of my restaurant menus. What category should it be in?
  • Options
    eimajunknowneimajunknown Posts: 8 New Member
    my sim has eaten everything on the list, but it hasn't said she has learned all 27 recipes yet. i even had her try all the food from the last cart twice, and she is stuck on 26 of 27.
  • Options
    my sim has eaten everything on the list, but it hasn't said she has learned all 27 recipes yet. i even had her try all the food from the last cart twice, and she is stuck on 26 of 27.

Hello
    Other simmers are having the same issue.
    For simmers who are having this issue, it would be good to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Food-From-Stalls-only-counts-26-when-all-27-shows/td-p/5678339
  • Options
    rudolpha wrote: »
    One food item, the Filipino Ensaymadas, I just cannot find on any of my restaurant menus. What category should it be in?

Hello
    There is an issue that ensaymadas and siopao are not available on restaurant menus .

It would be good to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-DO-CL-Siopao-and-Ensaymada-not-on-the-Menu/m-p/5688421#U5688421
  • Options
    eimajunknowneimajunknown Posts: 8 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Other simmers are having the same issue.
    For simmers who are having this issue, it would be good to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue

thanks. i did click me too. i tried closing and reopening the game, restarting my computer and repairing the game with no luck.
  • Options
    badsimbadsim Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello Everyone,

My sim learn all 27 recipes, but when I move to another house in the world or saved my sim to the library and place them in an another world, my sim did not know the 27 recipes anymore. My question is : is there a cheat that can fix it, because it is really anoying it to do again and again.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks for all.
  • Options
    STEMMLINSTEMMLIN Posts: 10 New Member
    Question.Where do we look to see what ones we learned. I have 26 of 27 learned. I need to see what I'm missing
  • Options
    ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    STEMMLIN wrote: »
    Question.Where do we look to see what ones we learned. I have 26 of 27 learned. I need to see what I'm missing

If you go to your fridge to cook, you'll be able to see which ones you know how to cook. So should be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

• Options
    STEMMLINSTEMMLIN Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="ahoychristie;c-16559376"][quote="STEMMLIN;c-16559354"]Question.Where do we look to see what ones we learned. I have 26 of 27 learned. I need to see what I'm missing [/quote]

If you go to your fridge to cook, you'll be able to see which ones you know how to cook. So should be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

[/quote]

Thank you. I figured it out! :)
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager

Thank you. I figured it out! :)

That's good to hear :) Closing necro'd thread so.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top