Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Watering plants

It seems that since the new patch, my sims no longer need to water the plants. Its been a few sim days and several harvests and still the water option is grayed out. Anyone else confirm this? Is this a new feature added, or is this by design?
Played Sims since the original. I can't think of any other game that has so thoroughly captivated my attention.

Comments

• Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    it's a bug. the plants are broken.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cybrdroyd wrote: »
    It seems that since the new patch, my sims no longer need to water the plants. Its been a few sim days and several harvests and still the water option is grayed out. Anyone else confirm this? Is this a new feature added, or is this by design?

Has it been raining in your game? The devs said any rain will water plants too.

I am not having any problems with my plants - but my sim just has a few tulips, some catnip, and a few others so far.My sim only had to water them twice as there has been a bit of rain the last 3 sims days so all she had to do was harvest all and evolve all. I am playing my Seasons at 28 days each - and started with Spring. It's still Spring.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Has this been fixed? My plants still don’t need watering.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Has this been fixed? My plants still don’t need watering.

Yes it has been fixed. Maybe they don't need if there's a sprinkler.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    I don't have Seasons and I haven't been able to do anything but Harvest since the patch.
  • asap24asap24 Posts: 48 Member
    Mine have needed watering, and weeding, at least the plants in my greenhouse. I'm having the darndest time trying to evolve them though. I have to fertilize like mad to get progress on them.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I had the same issue but then I figured it was because of frequent rain (my spring is very rainy)

Other than that I'm not seeing any problems with gardening.
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It took a few days between waterings before they needed watering again. It must've been an intentional apart of the overhaul so that large gardens aren't so tedious to care for. And honestly, I like it better that way.
  • kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm still having this problem, they still need weeding, I can fertilize, graft, take cuttings, research, harvest, and everything else to do with plants, but I planted a small garden in planter boxes, and I water them once after I plant them (some don't even need that), and then I never have to do it again. I also don't have seasons.
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    +1 for still having this problem.

I do not have Seasons. Therefore, it has never rained in my Sims game. 6 plants in the garden on the Legacy lot, planted on the first day or two of the Legacy. Founder is now about to die (97 days+ old). About a week into the Legacy, the Seasons update came out. Since then, for 90+ days, she has never had to water her plants. She has to fertilize, weed, can research, etc. But never has to water.

While she is gardening when I zoom in, the plants look like they are dripping with water. So the game clearly thinks they have been watered, even when they have not been for days and days.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    asap24 wrote: »
    Mine have needed watering, and weeding, at least the plants in my greenhouse. I'm having the darndest time trying to evolve them though. I have to fertilize like mad to get progress on them.

If you have Seasons, try puting a bee box in your greenhouse; supposedly crocuses keep them calm so if you have a crocus plant put it next to the bee box. The bees will pollenate the plants and help with the evolution.

I've only had to water the ones in the greenhouse, but I have sprinklers for the outside (had them before Seasons with a mod by BrazenLotus). Sprinklers don't work indoors so it's back to hand watering, but I only have my flowers indoors.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • faithvssamfaithvssam Posts: 14 New Member
    i'm still having this problem, they never need water. i noticed that whenever i load a game, the plants will automatically be dripping as if just watered though.

i don't have seasons either, just the seasons patch that broke it. they said they fixed it, but no.
    Yup, this has happened to be since the Seasons update, both before and after I purchased Seasons. I only need to water on first planting the seeds.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Okay so this might not help all but I had this issue as well and fixed it. I repaired my game, turned off origin in game, and took out my mods because I had a random crash on a high end computer. Went back in not even thinking about plants and saw they actually needed water and tending again the next sim day. Something I did fixed it, but I’m not sure what. Hope these things help others as well.
    Well, I have never used mods in my life. I have had the problem happen on two different computers, one of which I installed S4 on after having purchased Seasons, and one it was on before. I can't imagine that I'd need to repair the game on TWO separate computers for the same issue -- that's just too much coincidence for me to believe.

Might be turning off origin would help. I will try that and see.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Well, I have never used mods in my life. I have had the problem happen on two different computers, one of which I installed S4 on after having purchased Seasons, and one it was on before. I can't imagine that I'd need to repair the game on TWO separate computers for the same issue -- that's just too much coincidence for me to believe.

Might be turning off origin would help. I will try that and see.

Good luck! Hope it starts working for you soon as well. I am not easily frustrated by bugs but this one was very annoying. My sims barely gained the gardening skill without being able to water plants. So I do hope it gets fixed for those its continuing to be an issue with. I think I just got lucky.