Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Situation" tag

FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
@SimGuruModSquad, could you please shed some light what is this CAS tag for? I see that wedding dress has it as well as some other clothing items, but can't figure out what is it specifically for. Does it serve any purpose? There is no "situation" clothing category in CAS. Thank you in advance.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    Hey!

There is actually 12 CAS categories.

CAS Categories:
    - Everyday
    - Formal
    - Athletic
    - Sleep
    - Party
    - Swimwear
    - Hot Weather
    - Cold Weather

Special Categories:
    - Bathing
    - Career
    - Situation
    - Special

The "Situation" category is used during events (situations).
    The "Special" category is used for rare outfits, currently it's only used for the towel outfit.
    And the "Bathing" and "Career" categories should be pretty clear.
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    @TURBODRIVER wedding dress has this tag as well. I am aware that it is used for situations. I want to know how does it affect outfits, if affects at all. I'd like to get this information from people who coded this tag to know how it works.
  • TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    @Feyona All outfit tags are used for SimInfo generators. These generators are templates for new Sims that can be placed in the world. In addition, they can be used to just create new outfits.

For example, a tag for a Tragic Clown can be applied on an outfit piece and when used in the generator, it will make an outfit that is made out of clothing tagged with that tag. And then an outfit like that is applied on a Sim that supposed to be a Tragic Clown.

For the wedding dress, the Situation tag, does nothing because outfits aren't randomly generated for the "Situation" category. If you would generate random outfits for that category, one of the possible outfits would be the wedding dress.
    To make an outfit that is a wedding dress, different tags are used. The existing tag is just informational so it is known that this outfit is supposed to be used on the "Situation" outfit category.

I'm just trying to help you understand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top