Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia Masterlist - No longer updated

Comments

• TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Wow. I wake up to the thread being closed. No big deal really. The game is continuing in a new thread, yes?
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Wow. I wake up to the thread being closed. No big deal really. The game is continuing in a new thread, yes?

Yep, over here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942263/mafia-players-mafia-day-2-page-1#latest
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Thanks.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    omggg im up next?
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Why are you awake, DeKay! It must be terribly late there.

Late or early? :D Cuz I'm an early bird.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    omggg im up next?

Yes you are. But we’re pnly at day 2 in icey‘s game :)
    Two hosts ahead of me asked to defer their game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    edited June 2018
    Guess who’s back! I may or may not have blown all my data lurking in the last couple games......

Anyway, sign me up to host Eliminate the Town again, I really liked that setup and I think everyone had a good time. I’ll get the link once my laptop recharges... I guess playing ts4 in the car with no charger does a number to the battery :D

Edit: added the link
    Post edited by Broncos4life on
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Guess who’s back! I may or may not have blown all my data lurking in the last couple games......

Anyway, sign me up to host Eliminate the Town again, I really liked that setup and I think everyone had a good time. I’ll get the link once my laptop recharges... I guess playing ts4 in the car with no charger does a number to the battery :D

Edit: added the link

Yay! :smiley:

@Keyenpeydee Your game is up next

edited June 2018
    Wish I could play. If it looks like you arent gonna start until Sunday, then I can play, but I cant play if it starts before hand.
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I have no school for two weeks after this one sho I should be pretty free to play mafia.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
    UniSims wrote: »
    I have no school for two weeks after this one sho I should be pretty free to play mafia.

Yay!

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'll be on a week long vacation starting friday so I don't know how active I'll be in the next game.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Could someone please explain to me the steps that go behind making a game? I think I’ve heen around long enough that I could.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    Could someone please explain to me the steps that go behind making a game? I think I’ve heen around long enough that I could.

There are many ways to go about it. You could do a U-Pick (I think we haven't had one of those in a while), a Greater type game where you randomly distribute role cards, create your own setup, or use an existing setup in the Mafia wiki.

Probably the most important thing when doing a setup is to make sure it's fun for everybody, so it should be balanced as much as possible. And it shouldn't be easy to break, like assigning a unique character to each role and revealing it, then allowing people to claim their characters (which would easily reveal the Mafia). There aren't any set rules for doing these things, although there are some rough guidelines, like making approximately 1/4 of players Mafia when there's only one scum faction.

You can always ask for advice when trying to host your own game. That's what I did when I started out.

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member

You could also ask someone to be a co-host, that way you have someone more experienced to help manage your game - in my game that I ran a couple weeks ago, I had Rose co-hosting it.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited June 2018

I'd suggest using a simple open setup that doesn't have a lot of PR's as some PR actions might counter each other and will confuse you and if every player has a PR, you will get a headache from it. XD

Look through the mafia wiki page and just pick a nice setup (maybe fewer than 11 players) that doesn't have so many PRs. You should be able to find one. The games that we play a lot here are the Greater Idea mafia games where everyone has a power, and so I won't suggest you to choose this.

There is no specific step rule to making a game. You can think of a theme first and then find a game setup that goes with it or vice versa.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Btw, sign me up to host a U-pick game. We haven't had one of those in a while. I'll think of a theme when we get there.

edited June 2018
    Also, @zinniavanilla can you include the URLs for both threads of the Mafia Players game in the game history? Sometimes I go through old games to look for stuff :D

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Also, @zinniavanilla can you include the URLs for both threads of the Mafia Players game in the game history? Sometimes I go through old games to look for stuff :D

Oh right. Yeah.
    unknown.png
    Thanks!

I'm going to Saudi tomorrow and will be back to Philippines after a week.

I'll post the thread probably on Thursday and at most, at Fridat.

DeKay wrote: »

I'd suggest using a simple open setup that doesn't have a lot of PR's as some PR actions might counter each other and will confuse you and if every player has a PR, you will get a headache from it. XD

Look through the mafia wiki page and just pick a nice setup (maybe fewer than 11 players) that doesn't have so many PRs. You should be able to find one. The games that we play a lot here are the Greater Idea mafia games where everyone has a power, and so I won't suggest you to choose this.

There is no specific step rule to making a game. You can think of a theme first and then find a game setup that goes with it or vice versa.

Adding to this, creating a new setup is really hard if you'll use some confusing roles. Start with the basics like doctors, cops, etc. and try to balance it out as possible. Balancing a game makes the game more fun and not breakable. You can create a game that is unbalanced though and we call it 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (I'm not sure if it's censored but it's not plum). Those games add extra fun to the game, but can actually really be frustrating if mafias are too overpowered or vice versa. Also, a setup can be open (the setup is revealed to all players), semi-open (just like open setup but cannot be guaranteed or varies), closed (the setup is unknown or hidden).

Setups are also just the roles of the game. We also have Mechanics which kind of twists the game like nightless, white flag, etc.

Honestly, I just stick to setups on the wiki because balance and all that confuses me :joy:

Balance doesn't matter much in certain games like role madness and U picks.

Whenever I make my own setups, I usually just give powers to a handful of players and make them x-shot. And make sure nobody is too powerful