Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last Exception involving dog's eye color

littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
I've been getting a last exception lately related to some of the dogs in my game. The dogs in question have weird non-swatch eye color(s) that I can't change, specifically the left eye. Some randomizing to a natural eye color and undoing can get me access to the (not sure what to call it) eye panel or whatever. There I can see the left eye has no swatches available, totally blank. Right eye is normal palette and I can change that one's color but the left won't change at all even if the eyes are set to match I've tried it without mods, in a new save file, repaired the game, reset the folder, etc., but I just can't get this dog's eyes fixed. I've gotten dogs generated with the broken eyes before, usually through the game's randomizer, and thought maybe my eye defaults were broken so I swapped them out. While I don't appear to be generating any more broken dogs, all dogs who started with these eyes have kept them and I cannot change them no matter what.

Latest dog in question:
QmrGvhi.png

I'd like to keep him as-is minus the wonky eyes so I'd prefer to not just randomize his features up to fix this unless necessary. He did come from a game with its own default replacements but I've got other such dogs who don't have broken eyes and the pup in question doesn't look like this in his creator's game. I'll put the last exception here too although only a chunk of it since the entire file is just the same thing repeated over & over so it's a LOT of text.
<report>
<version>2</version>
<sessionid>3be62d1f145d15b45ace04af</sessionid>
<type>desync</type>
<sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
<createtime>2018-04-11 13:00:21</createtime>
<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.42.1020-1.200.000.331.Release</buildsignature>
<categoryid>(AS)olympus.errors::Assert</categoryid>
<desyncid>3be62d1f145d15b45ace04af</desyncid>
<systemconfig/>
<screenshot/>
<desyncdata>Assert: Assertion Failed! Primary eyecolor swatch could not be found! Swatch may be nonexistent and/or there may not be any tuning present.
at olympus.errors::Assert/Throw()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer.Panes.Eyes::EyeColorPane/UpdateEyeColors()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer.Panes::CatalogPane/Refresh()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/RefreshPanes()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/RefreshLayout()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::GenericCatalogPanel/CreatePanel()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/ShowGenericCatalogPanel()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/OnEnterState()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/SetState()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/HandleMenuStateChange()
at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()
at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()
</desyncdata>
</report>
<report>
<version>2</version>
<sessionid>3be62d1f145d15b45ace04af</sessionid>
<type>desync</type>
<sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
<createtime>2018-04-11 13:00:23</createtime>
<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.42.1020-1.200.000.331.Release</buildsignature>
<categoryid>(AS)olympus.errors::Assert</categoryid>
<desyncid>3be62d1f145d15b45ace04af</desyncid>
<systemconfig/>
<screenshot/>
<desyncdata>Assert: Assertion Failed! Primary eyecolor swatch could not be found! Swatch may be nonexistent and/or there may not be any tuning present.
at olympus.errors::Assert/Throw()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer.Panes.Eyes::EyeColorPane/UpdateEyeColors()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer.Panes::CatalogPane/Refresh()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CatalogPanel/RefreshPanes()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::GenericCatalogPanel/CreatePanel()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/ShowGenericCatalogPanel()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/OnEnterState()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/SetState()
at widgets.CAS.Customizer::CASCustomizerMain/HandleContextMenuSetMenuState()
at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()
at widgets.CAS.controls::CASContextMenu/SetCatalogMenuState()
at widgets.CAS.controls::CASContextMenu/HandleItemSelection()
at olympus.controls::ArcMenu/HandleButtonBarEvent()
at scaleform.clik.controls::ButtonBar/handleButtonSelect()
at set scaleform.clik.controls::Button/selected()
at set scaleform.clik.controls::Button/selected()
at scaleform.clik.controls::Button/handleClick()
at scaleform.clik.controls::Button/handleMouseRelease()
</desyncdata>
</report>

Any insight would be much appreciated!
6riwm5.png

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    The default eye replacements or other cc/mods may have caused the issue to start with, and now the issue can’t be changed. The dogs’ eyes may have been broken,and so removing the broken mod/cc may not help with the issue with dogs that have already been affected but will help to avoid it causing issues from now on.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    The default eye replacements or other cc/mods may have caused the issue to start with, and now the issue can’t be changed. The dogs’ eyes may have been broken,and so removing the broken mod/cc may not help with the issue with dogs that have already been affected but will help to avoid it causing issues from now on.

You're probably right, Rose! I'm going to see if I can get another copy of him completely CC-free and see if he loads into CAP without the weird eyes that way.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

You're probably right, Rose! I'm going to see if I can get another copy of him completely CC-free and see if he loads into CAP without the weird eyes that way.

I hope that this works for the dog.
  • Options
    videlbriefsvidelbriefs Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this issue today with a dog I downloaded and couldn't change his eye colors, got the same eyes as above by OP. From there, it affected other sims I was edited in CAS where I couldn't select their eyebrows to change it. Thankfully, none of the other dogs are affected in game and I hadn't added that dog into a household but it's a shame since it was so well done.
  • Options
    videlbriefsvidelbriefs Posts: 2 New Member
    The issue caused a lot of LE. I restarted my game and deleted the affected dog. I'm able to select eyebrows again. It's strange since I've used CC eyes for other dogs in the game and downloaded dogs or cats with CC eyes I didn't use but this was the first time it caused an issue. I also wonder if using the cas.fulleditmode had anything to do with it since this was the first time I've done it since having pets in my game or it was just a mere coincidence.