Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments in base game worlds

Hello everyone!

I don't know about you, but I really love apartments in The Sims. I spend at least half of my time playing Sims that live in apartments but the one thing about The Sims 4 is that apartments are locked to one world (as of this post!).

I was looking at the map of Willow Creek and thought about how awesome it would be to get a couple more apartment buildings, and the best way to introduce this would be through a free patch to the base game worlds! There is an empty spot on the bottom right corner of WC that is just screaming for something to be put there. How about an apartment building with a few units? While we're at it, why not add a couple to Oasis Springs and Newcrest?

This way everyone can enjoy apartments to some degree, even if they don't want to purchase City Living, and those of us that love apartments will get a few more choices that are not confined to the city! I don't think adding a few buildings to the base game worlds takes away from the apartments in City Living either because that expansion is about much more than the apartments themselves. It's about the city itself, as a living, breathing environment full of culture and festivals.

I just thought I would put in my two cents. I just love apartments and would love to have more! I'll even take a game pack with a small world of apartments that is like an extension of San Myshuno! (The way Magnolia Promenade is to Willow Creek.)

P.S. Add more balconies. Need more outdoor living space! :)
Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want buildable apartments, not shell apartments. I don't think they would add shell apartments even if they could.

I just want to build a building with 4, 5, or 6 apartments and have each of those be separate households.

I have built apartments and locked the doors to anyone who didn't live there. They still share money and bills and food in the fridge, but, for now it works. They are also one household so the max per building is 8 and that includes pets.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Let us build apartments in other worlds,EA! Why should apartments be confined to San Myshuno?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t think we’ll ever get the option to customize apartments unfortunately. But it would be nice.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If we get University, they will need a way to claim a room which was by picking a door in past versions. Something like this could work for apartments too.
  • powers6180powers6180 Posts: 15 New Member
    Hello! Unfortunately I don't believe that is possible without a pack. Now, of course it's possible to live in an apartment the only issue is other sims from the "City Living" pack or from any other pack (or the base game sims). won't be able to live in the same building. If you install some type of mod with apartments (there must be one out there somewhere) then you could change the lot type to apartment and other sims could live right next door! Anyway, hope I helped. Happy Simming! -@powers6180
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd love to be able to put apartments in other worlds.
    Failing that, surely they could at least give us another empty world, but this time, a city, with more empty apartments.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2018
    I need apartment doors of all different kinds of styles and a multi-unit mailbox. That's all I need EA and I'll take care of the rest.

Please, do this.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg