Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pictures!

Comments

• Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    cpkdhQ3.png
    Ahhhh, look how adorable! I love how simple their wedding clothes are. <3
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    This is the most recent wedding I had in my game and to my surprise it was very nice for a change :)
    9OgLu3W.png?1
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member

Just throwing mine up:
    MnPFawEh.png The venue.
    LncuopGh.png The Groom awaits the Bride.
    2jvTtIbh.png Confetti!
    DxsfbQWh.png Father of the Bride
    C6mSxmth.png Undead brother of the Groom
    LyeDqLyh.png Reception!
    WD5DZ5Yh.png Daughter of the Groom on Piano
  • SquiggleDustSquiggleDust Posts: 70 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    cpkdhQ3.png
    Ahhhh, look how adorable! I love how simple their wedding clothes are. <3

Aww, thank you so much! They are two of my favorite sims <3
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2018
    Okay, I'm reviving this thread since I'm sad I don't see it around as much anymore. Plus I've had a bunch of weddings since I last posted here, lol.

@Izzeh96 your couple kinda reminds me of one of mine ;-D

nDZovAs.png
    5lWa0Mi.png
    g9TRxx5.png

I know it's just the hair, but still ;-P

I'm gonna stick to my one save for now, cause I've had a few generations by now, haha. Above is from gen 3 actually ;-D

My founder sim was por when she got married, so I just had elope on a date, and then throw a black and white bash with all their friends after ;-D
    3HHq1ce.png
    p4hfgrN.png
    r0eczCF.png

Gen 2

aCX1Ev2.png
    z6Akn7t.png

Both those couples were engaged forever before finally tying the knot, lol, and both had their wedding at home.

The rest of gen 3. First, nother elopement.

TGV2WXq.png
    vmdQbLv.png

This sim got married twice. Big lavish wedding first time, marriage ended in divorce. Small backyard ceremony, lived happily ever after. Well, until she died suddenly from pufferfish ;-P

X7obEaf.png
    ay4RXKO.png

And with the triplets all married off, then it was little bro's turn!

3DxSEZh.png

Making out in front of your twin sister and niece are wedding are all about!
    KoyQ1M9.png

And now gen 4. $ weddings so far, and one was so quick and dirty I didn't even take pictures. The sims involved were super casual people and it seemed weird to dress them up for a wedding. The closest was actually the proposal in the park, and honestly, it seems almost ironic.
    oFkrmy6.png

Then there's the two sisters who married the same vampire (long story). One had a quick elopement, the other a big giant shindig at the Von Haunt estate.

S5OBs9y.png
    RqW3DKe.png

And last but not least, my ghost/alien-hybrid Vampire wedding that I'm super proud of :wink:

G7DzuX1.png
    0I25bL5.png
    FVdv6zD.png

And that's it for now! Look forward to seeing everyone else's wedding pics too!
    Post edited by FanPhoria on
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Maria and Joaquin got married in my game. 5 years before this (story-wise), Maria needed a new roommate because her cousin, Briar, was moving in with her partner. They had been good friends before that, but Maria and Joaquin realized they also had feelings for each other. Half a year later, Maria realized she was pregnant (oops) and they got pretty serious pretty quick. Their son, Raphael, just started school, and Maria proposed to Joaquin. The wedding was super small and in the backyard, they didn't want/need anything more than that.
    Aren't they sweet together?
    yluoSIN.png
    Maria and Raphael (they just pulled the couch and chairs from inside :p )
    qDUzzRn.png
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Sims never have sat at wedding if they do it is only a few, but we are lucking to have Wedding at all01-27-18_3/52/06 PM.jpg
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Trying to post pictures why does EA make it so hard?
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member

Love everyone's pics! Great idea for a thread :blush:
    Here's some of mine.
    KXdUD5B.jpg
    SxPPmyJ.jpg

pYXDxkn.jpg

W5HQrRM.jpg

wGtmBPG.jpg
    (shotgun wedding)
    a2byyKI.jpg

THaUrNz.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Great then i
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Another time all the caterer served were pancakes.
    plum yeah!! We had breakfast served at my own wedding, that sounds perfect to me!

Great then i stand corrected. But there was no cake to have them eat. No other food served. They did not sit and watch they did not eat the pancakes they just walked around. I am not good at this wedding stuff.

A few things that might make it easier.
    • Bake your own cake just prior to the event. The moment it's out of the oven click it and select "add wedding topper" and you can bake it just hours before or the night before and put it in the fridge then put it in your inventory just before heading off. With the topper on it's claimed and nobody can eat it until you either select to remove the topper or, you do the cut cake action at the wedding.
    • Caterers are frustratingly slow, so I take my Sims to the chosen location before hand so we can set up, in addition to decorating I add the round buffet tables from Luxury Party Stuff. If you click on them as soon as the wedding is done and choose "feed all" for i think $250 and there will be unlimited food for your guests. I do this both in addition to or instead of a caterer just depending on what I feel like. I generally use the one with the table cloth and bump in the center as the bump makes a nice place to put the cake. Otherwise I place it on an empty table I put at that venue with no chairs around it. That prevents people sitting in front of it causing pathing issues. Make sure on a regular table your cake is exactly in the center of you'll get a lot of arm saving and question mark thought bubbles, lol.

I list all my wedding pics awhile back, so I'm enjoying these. I am about to start the Not So Berry challenge though, so hopefully I can add some too soon.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Trying to post pictures why does EA make it so hard?

I agree with you, it's stupid. They monitor what is said with an eagle eye, you think they'd be able to do the same if pictures were inappropriate and just let us post directly.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    edited April 2018
    Back when my Sims got married I was still sort of new to the "story telling" process and simply took a ton of screenshots. I hated disrupting the event with the constant photos and even had to redo the event a few other times to even get what I got. Anyway, here's my two boys, Travis (cowboy hat) and Riley (redhead). These were my fave pictures starting with the exchanging of the vows and rings and the cake feeding. The musician I hired never showed up. Thankfully Travis knows how to play the piano so he took it upon himself to entertain. Later he was getting obviously drunk and passed out on a bench next to his husband. And lastly the boys have to entertain their weird kink by making out in the bathroom. Believe me, they ALWAYS find a bathroom to make out in for some reason. It's rather funny. Sorry these are boring though lol I tried my best back then. Hope y'all like my attempt!

4kSC0vx.png[/img]jHxfMNP.pngRiPnEVG.pngztJs1Vl.pngHTwlggc.pngXQSPWWN.pngoV1qyX1.png8Gs2WhJ.png
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I love sim weddings! I will add some to the thread later.
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    Beautiful pictures everyone! :)
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2018
    My Sims got married as elders and just eloped because I didn't feel like inviting everyone. But I loved it :)
    yHlcJ2L.png
    85ZN3ZM.png

Another couple, more traditional (with an actual wedding party):
    FTmWrty.png
    u0ZuQ5K.png
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Oh all these pictures are gorgeous! It makes me think wedding planner would have been a great addition to the game!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    My couple renewed their vows at the Romance Festival. The exact same place they married the first time. <3
    42956659721_9b5a1aa004_o.png
    42237662554_20ec8f4557_o.png

Now their son is a young adult himself and these two will be elders soon!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited July 2018
    Man, wish this thread was more popular! I feel like I'm the only wedding obsessed simmer out there, lol. I recently got the "Serial Monogomist" achievement--20 weddings across unique households. Which is...something to be proud of I guess? ;-P

Anyway, I just had one of my most, and then one of my least successful weddings ever, lol. I'll start with the bad one. Sorry guys, this is gonna be a long one. I need to vent, lol. Guess I'd better put it under spoilers, so as not to spam, haha.
    I follow whims a lot, so when a sim gets the whim to "buy I wedding arch" I usually take it as "Okay, we're having the wedding at home then!" But this time I got it for a couple that lived in an apartment. Granted, a pretty shwanky apartment I just made over, but still. But I thought, hey, maybe they wanna show off their new place they just moved into! Okay! Let's make this work!
    ioFt3Io.png
    So I set it all up, and planned the wedding, and then...none of the guest showed. None. Not a single one. Tried forming a group to see if they were downstairs, but they weren't anywhere to be found. The caterer, the mixologist, the musician all came, but not one, single guest. NEQF0bL.png
    Well, okay I thought, let'ssee how much we can actually get done with no guests! It's an experiement! So, we had some drinks, ate some food...somehow got the "talk to guests for two hours" done, tho I'm not sure how. So, all that was left was "have guests watch the cermeony," which wasn't gonna happen, and get married. So I had them get married. yOIy0bz.png
    m70KjTx.pngCC9pvu5.png
    ...And it didn't register. It just didn't pick up that they'd been married at all, that task was still left undone. I mean, the couple didn't seem to care much, but I was pretty annoyed. So I just ended the wedding, had them get some cake and whoohoo. Which was fine, I guess ::SIGH::
    FOVKq22.png
    xCGtHUo.png
    ftiLyX9.png

On the other end of things...

I had an artist who was marrying someone who loves the outdoors, so I made over the courtyard at muncipal muses to be a wedding venue...and it worked surprisingly well!
    MRXmaSQ.png
    Look at that! It actually looks like a real wedding! The guest are sitting down (mostly) and everything! Yeah, wehad a few crashers, and occasionally they'd wanna run over and randomly start looking at art, but it wasn't too bad! All in all, everything went swimmingly :smiley:H2HMHh5.png
    QVVrkfU.png
    tHuiLwj.png
    We had some drinks...
    AZbMGxV.png
    Had some cake...
    JHmk7xU.png
    rpOmi36.png
    The bride's brother felt inspired to write a song, so I had him go write a sentimental piece on the violin...
    5OdgQTP.png
    aGRD9lF.png
    Then the bride went over by herself to eat her cake alone by the bar, which worried me a bit...
    stWylKZ.png
    but then I realized it was an opportunity for the newliweds to sneak off and have a bit of time together! So I had the groom go over and sit with her :smiley:wRdIBRQ.png
    And since I'd recently installed the slow dance mod, well...Wn4bPgU.png
    Let's have the bride's musical genuis aspiring sister go play a romantic song on the piano...
    XO3jf30.png
    While the bride and groom share a dance :smiley:
    p0C1HmH.png

Honestly, I've had some pretty good weddings, but I think was one of the best :blush:

And there we go, the best and the worst. Tho I guess it hardly matters in the end...both couples were perfectly happy, and that's what's important!

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Izzeh96 wrote: »
    Here are some of mine! This was a while ago, and I don't play with this couple anymore but I love the photos!

QYrdcOU.png?1
    jxKEqa3.png?1
    peHcjgb.png?1
    feu5YpL.png?1
    tOHwBtd.png?1
    bPumXqo.png?1
    M3Wr7Hr.png?1
    NUFz78O.png?1

Bonus photos from the night they got engaged:
    RhV5o4d.png?1
    jt5Mbfw.png?1
    z1nKzHC.png?1
    rXJqIMQ.png?1

I LOVE this couple! They look so perfect together and I laughed at them playing in the water fountain :smiley: Definitely adds some personality to them as a couple!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,081 Member
    edited July 2018
    W5UCCdk.jpg
    Now, these are the grandparents in my main family's household. I have aging off, so they're still 21 (or whatever the first day of young adult is.) The wedding was at their 4 floor, 2 basement house on the roof deck at Rippling Flats in Newcrest.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    gorgeous wedding venues ! Where did some of your sims tie the knot?
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    At least two of my sim couples will be getting married soon. When they do I'll post them here.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    Here are a few of my couples on their wedding days
    dvbT8Me.png?1
    QZtt3Nz.png?1
    T9uWXAO.png?1
    yqCsdo8.gif
    edited July 2018
    gorgeous wedding venues ! Where did some of your sims tie the knot?

I think I've done almost everywhere at this point, hahaha. Sticking to my current main save, most common wedding venues for me are:

A "chapel" that I downloaded from the gallery (this one's good for funerals too, if you have that mod)
    rCXQuo1.png

Von Haunt Estate waterfall
    tW28ZWc.png

Another little chapel build from the gallery,this one more "lounge-y" and less traditional.
    u6ouiGy.png

Center Park in San Myshuno
    PL1W6nt.png

Made over courtyard outside Municipal Muses
    0boXAlF.png

And then of course there's all the "home" weddings
    m70KjTx.png
    Wn7DiaL.png

And elopements can be anywhere, if you wanna go that route. Bluffs and ruins have been popular for me with those, along with romantic parks and museums.
    q9DTbsu.png
    ay4RXKO.png
    p4hfgrN.png
    ArAaD0J.png

And of course the romance festival!

KfJCuu4.png

For some of my old (lost)) saves, I downloaded venues specifically for certain sims to get married, to "suit" them. There's a lot of great builds in the gallery if you search "wedding"--There was a even great creepy graveyard lounge for my Gomez and Morticia tie the knot!
    WdZmKlk.png
    FEwU7Yq.png
    AX76EDH.png
    xo1TC58.png
    Post edited by FanPhoria on