Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skills should be more difficult to gain

So this is something that has bugged me from the beginning and that is that sims raise skills way to fast and way to easy yesterday i was playing this family and one of the sims started up painting she painted for about 3/4 sim hours i think on a mural and after that had already reached level 4 of the skill this way to soon imo and takes away the challenge of raising a skill i would love if it would be more difficult to raise a skill

Comments

• MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    This is why we need a "Difficulty" slider setting under Options!
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    But they're just time sinks?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I don’t think they are i love to skill build but as it is now there is no scence of accomplishment since you basically start off level 10 already they could special challenges to reach the next level like for painting having to paint 5 paintings when inspired or something like that
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don’t think they are i love to skill build but as it is now there is no scence of accomplishment since you basically start off level 10 already they could special challenges to reach the next level like for painting having to paint 5 paintings when inspired or something like that
    Aspirations already exist, which are quite similar to what you're suggesting.

• rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Aspirations already exist, which are quite similar to what you're suggesting.
    Yes i realize now but i do feel like they should make it harder to gain imo
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I agree, OP.

I like that skills can be earned during the course of a typical day. However, they do improve too quickly. For example, during the live stream the teen girl raked leaves a couple of times and the Gurus were talking about how she had already earned a level in a badge.

Too fast.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Trusty_McCoolGuyTrusty_McCoolGuy Posts: 13 New Member
    I like it how it is! If anything, a skill difficulty slider would be best!
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I feel like some skills are super difficult to gain though, like have you ever tried to make your sim master guitar.... Feels like AGES need to pass before they finally reach level 10 :/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    If you're not averse to using mods I think there may be a setting on MC Command Center to adjust skill difficulty. Also with the UI Cheats Extension mod you can set the skill level up or down.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

This. I like the time its currently set at because it leaves time for me to allow them to have lives that don't require them going to work, skilling, eating, sleeping and repeat. So much new content if the times for skills was longer they'd live their whole lives and die never having had a chance to live! Just my opinion. I love the idea someone said about a difficulty slider! That would be awesome. Those who want long skill leveling could have it and those of us who like the shorter one could be happy too!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.